Notre Dame 2024

D1 Mens Lacrosse
LaxAllStars

Notre Dame 2024

Post by LaxAllStars »

https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show ... ds-e2b3brk

ND assistant coach Ryder Garnsey on fall 2023, PLL Redwoods & more.
Doxology

Re: Notre Dame 2024

Post by Doxology »

44WeWantMore

Post by 44WeWantMore »

MVP and leading receiver in the Sun Bowl was Jordan Faison
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.
HockeyLaxGolf42

Post by HockeyLaxGolf42 »

44WeWantMore wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 6:05 pm MVP and leading receiver in the Sun Bowl was Jordan Faison
Feel like the football lacrosse dual sport athlete is so natural. Surprised he’s the first guy we’ve seen do it
44WeWantMore

Post by 44WeWantMore »

Way back in the day, the great USNA teams rounded out their defense with football players.

Recently, Will Yeatman (a big tight end) played for ND and UMD, but Faison looks more like a normal lacrosse player to me. The only great lacrosse player I ever saw approach Yeatman's size was Ian Dingman.
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

I think Jordan Faison and Tyler Buchner are two real wildcards.

If they both stay healthy (a real question mark for Buchner), I think they can really amp up Notre Dame’s athleticism at midfield.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
maddog29

Post by maddog29 »

Dingman was like an aircraft carrier on attack ......
Floyd

Post by Floyd »

Add Thomas Porell to your list Doc. He was the most physical, athletic middie I saw anywhere on the '22 club circuit. I hope he's healthy, was plagued with football injuries at times in HS. If so I have no doubt he'll be an impact player for the Irish.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

If ND did a copy-and-paste from 2023 to 2024, on March 23rd, ND would play UVA. But, based on UVA's schedule, this is not the case. Anyone know who ND is playing that weekend? Similarly, when are they posting their schedule...?
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
LaxAllStars

Post by LaxAllStars »

ND 2024
Open v Clev St and then Marquette

https://laxallstars.com/notre-dame-duke ... e-a-remix/
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Yup. But still doesn't answer my March 23rd question.

"In Indiana, where winter pushes into April, Notre Dame begins 2024 on Wednesday February 14 against Cleveland State before traveling to Marquette on Sunday February 18. Coach Kevin Corrigan has scheduled Ohio State, Maryland, Michigan, Cornell and Gtown outside of the ACC and doesn’t duck quality."
Caddy Day
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

44WeWantMore wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 6:49 pm Way back in the day, the great USNA teams rounded out their defense with football players.

Recently, Will Yeatman (a big tight end) played for ND and UMD, but Faison looks more like a normal lacrosse player to me. The only great lacrosse player I ever saw approach Yeatman's size was Ian Dingman.
Certainly nowhere neat Yeatman's size but national #1 ranked recruit Matt Jeffery is reportedly thinking of trying to play football at ND too. Probably a bad idea, he was injured this past fall for part of the season and isn't going to impact the football team, but he is certainly a great athlete. Look forward to seeing him at ND.
laxreference

Post by laxreference »

Matnum PI wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:43 am Yup. But still doesn't answer my March 23rd question.

"In Indiana, where winter pushes into April, Notre Dame begins 2024 on Wednesday February 14 against Cleveland State before traveling to Marquette on Sunday February 18. Coach Kevin Corrigan has scheduled Ohio State, Maryland, Michigan, Cornell and Gtown outside of the ACC and doesn’t duck quality."
There are 3 teams that A) do not have a game currently scheduled against ND and B) who also do not currently have a game scheduled for Mar 22, 23rd or 24th.

Colgate
Hampton
Villanova

Nova plays Brown on the 25th, so it's unlikely them. Hampton plays Drexel on the 25th. Colgate currently has no games scheduled between Mar 16th and Mar 30th.
Data Engineer/Lacrosse Fan --- Twitter: @laxreference --- Informed fans get Expected Goals, the new daily newsletter from LacrosseReference
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Same issue last season. Notre Dame being enigmatic about their schedule. Not sure why...
Caddy Day
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:56 am Same issue last season. Notre Dame being enigmatic about their schedule. Not sure why...
Here it is guys, ELEVEN regular season games, Unbelievable. Could be as much as 13 games if they play through to the ACC Championship. Nothing scheduled on March 23rd, two weeks off between a game on 3/16 and 3/30. Seems the schedule gets smaller each and every year. I don't get it.

https://fightingirish.com/sports/mlax/s ... n/2023-24/

Joe
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:35 pm
Matnum PI wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:56 am Same issue last season. Notre Dame being enigmatic about their schedule. Not sure why...
Here it is guys, ELEVEN regular season games, Unbelievable. Could be as much as 13 games if they play through to the ACC Championship. Nothing scheduled on March 23rd, two weeks off between a game on 3/16 and 3/30. Seems the schedule gets smaller each and every year. I don't get it.

https://fightingirish.com/sports/mlax/s ... n/2023-24/

Joe
Congratulations on your HOF induction
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:35 pm Here it is guys, ELEVEN regular season games...
Awesome. Thank you.
Caddy Day
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

I decided to save the defending national champions from the indignity of having their 2024 thread on the second page.

DocBarrister :?
@DocBarrister
WandL99

Post by WandL99 »

Jake Taylor is the most underrated player in college lacrosse, the literal reason why they got to the national championship. One of if not the main reason why the Pat and Chris have so much success
azim21

Post by azim21 »

I was at the Notre Dame National Coaching Clinic this past weekend and here's some of the takeaways from seeing the Irish practice as well as play in a scrimmage against Detroit Mercy:

Pat and Chris Kavanagh's health: Pat wore a red pennie at practice on Saturday. It's clear they're being very cautious with him returning from shoulder surgery this past fall. He didn't suit up for the scrimmage either. I wouldn't be surprised if they hold him out or limit his playing time in the first two or three games this spring. March 3rd against Maryland seems like the time they'd have to unleash him. I didn't see Chris Kavanagh practice on Saturday and he also did not suit up in the scrimmage on Sunday. Not sure exactly what he's dealing with but if the Irish are without both by the time March rolls around that's a major cause for concern. Will Maheras and Jeffery Ricciardelli looked decent as their replacements, but there's no replacing those two and it was against Detroit Mercy so not sure what to make of that.

Irish Defense: I feel like all the talk with the Irish leading into this season has been how is Notre Dame going to replace Chris Fake. Conlin will be the #1 pole but it looks like 6-3 200 pound Freshman Shawn Lyght will slide in as the new starter on Defense. I wish I would have gotten to see him go against Chirs Kavanagh (who wasn't at practice) but he made some plays during the intersquad scrimmage that makes me think this defense won't skip a beat. That, along with Entenmann playing at the level that he's playing at makes me think this defense should be just as good as last years team. Just might have to find other ways to stop the #1 scoring threat on teams unless Conlin can be that shut down defender like Fake was.

Jordan Faison: I shouldn't be surprised considering his success on the football team, but this kid is the real deal. His speed and change of direction are top notch. Looks like he'll be a second line middie this season and his ability to run the invert should result in many scoring opportunities for the Irish. In the 3rd quarter, once a few substitutes made their way onto the field, the Irish started to play a little lackadaisical (Detroit won the 3rd 3-1). Not sure what was said but Faison and a Detroit Mercy player got into it and had a little fight in the last minute or two of the 3rd. That seemed to light a fire under the Irish and they destroyed Detroit in the 4th quarter 13-1.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”