Re: Notre Dame 2024

Post by 10stone5 »

Push - penalty, with possession.
RumorMill

Post by RumorMill »

RumorMill wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:29 pm
BigTurn wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:53 pm
NYlax222 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:46 pm "history of that"? Guy has played hurt and through rough injuries. Might recall him banged up vs. Duke last year's final.
This carping about these guys is cheap, and petty. They are leaders of the most team-oriented and best coached team in the sport.
Don’t even bother. A bunch of sour grape nit picking over two of the grittiest guys in the game right now. Laughable
I used to be a fan of the Kavanaghs because of this so called grit and how hard they play. But the drama and theatrics have definitely worn on me. It's just not a good look for lacrosse (or the individual). They are acting like soccer players... when they should be acting like hockey players. So he had shoulder surgery. Apparently he's ok to play and as pointed out was able to get right back in the game. He flailed around like he dislocated his shoulder. And even then, suck it up, get off the field and deal with it there. Same with the very minor head contact earlier in the game. Just not a good look IMO.
Congrats to ND on a hard-fought win yesterday.

When I watched the play in the video below it made me think about this discussion... see link below at 24:32. This is how I like to see lacrosse players react to a hit or penalty. Get up and get back to business. Well done #13.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qIpm0OIYTo
44WeWantMore

Post by 44WeWantMore »

What was the call? Earlier in the year it probably would have been two minutes, non-releasable.
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.
BigTurn

Post by BigTurn »

RumorMill wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:29 pm
NYlax222 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:46 pm "history of that"? Guy has played hurt and through rough injuries. Might recall him banged up vs. Duke last year's final.
This carping about these guys is cheap, and petty. They are leaders of the most team-oriented and best coached team in the sport.
Don’t even bother. A bunch of sour grape nit picking over two of the grittiest guys in the game right now. Laughable
I used to be a fan of the Kavanaghs because of this so called grit and how hard they play. But the drama and theatrics have definitely worn on me. It's just not a good look for lacrosse (or the individual). They are acting like soccer players... when they should be acting like hockey players. So he had shoulder surgery. Apparently he's ok to play and as pointed out was able to get right back in the game. He flailed around like he dislocated his shoulder. And even then, suck it up, get off the field and deal with it there. Same with the very minor head contact earlier in the game. Just not a good look IMO.

When I watched the play in the video below it made me think about this discussion... see link below at 24:32. This is how I like to see lacrosse players react to a hit or penalty. Get up and get back to business. Well done #13.

Cool. Heres Chris taking a likely concussion, getting up without incident, scoring 2,1, and winning a national championship. I’ll take that all day long, well done #50.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xnvz5i4My ... 5hZ2ggaGl0
RumorMill

Post by RumorMill »

BigTurn wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:09 pm

Cool. Heres Chris taking a likely concussion, getting up without incident, scoring 2,1, and winning a national championship. I’ll take that all day long, well done #50.

Cool, definitely a solid hit.
If he did "take a concussion" it's certainly not a good decision to go back in the game and if he showed symptoms the medical, training and coaching staff on ND should be under review.

I'm on record as stating I think the Kavanagh brothers are phenomenal lacrosse players. Just so I understand where you are coming from, are you under the opinion that they do not occasionally "ham up" or overreact to certain hit's and in certain physical situations? And maybe it is primarily just one of them, I believe in the most recent Duke game it was 51. If that is the case, apologies for lumping them together.

My opinion is that they (or at least one of the brothers) do, and I don't like that look for lacrosse players or the game. It's way too common in the game of soccer (futbol) and for some reason accepted, which I also don't like, hence the comparison to soccer players. That is all from me. Good luck through the rest of the season.
BigTurn

Post by BigTurn »

RumorMill wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:23 pm

If he did "take a concussion" it's certainly not a good decision to go back in the game and if he showed symptoms the medical, training and coaching staff on ND should be under review.

I'm on record as stating I think the Kavanagh brothers are phenomenal lacrosse players. Just so I understand where you are coming from, are you under the opinion that they do not occasionally "ham up" or overreact to certain hit's and in certain physical situations? And maybe it is primarily just one of them, I believe in the most recent Duke game it was 51. If that is the case, apologies for lumping them together.

My opinion is that they (or at least one of the brothers) do, and I don't like that look for lacrosse players or the game. It's way too common in the game of soccer (futbol) and for some reason accepted, which I also don't like, hence the comparison to soccer players. That is all from me. Good luck through the rest of the season.
No, I don’t think they routinely do it. Yes, I do agree you are correct about Duke, they clearly were looking to get into it with Brower after last years cheap shot on Chris. If you’re not a fan of that, so be it. I love that they play with the intensity they do, but disagree that there’s any kind of pattern of dirty play. But hey, maybe I’m biased, we’ll agree to disagree.
Suitcase

Post by Suitcase »

Was browers hit on 50 just called a “ solid hit “? That’s a ridiculous take.
azim21

Post by azim21 »

BigTurn wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:29 pm

No, I don’t think they routinely do it. Yes, I do agree you are correct about Duke, they clearly were looking to get into it with Brower after last years cheap shot on Chris. If you’re not a fan of that, so be it. I love that they play with the intensity they do, but disagree that there’s any kind of pattern of dirty play. But hey, maybe I’m biased, we’ll agree to disagree.
Dude's gotta be a Duke fan or just an Irish hater... :roll: There's a clear difference between both of those hits and one deserved the reaction it got. Then to suggest it was a solid hit or that the medical, training, and coaching staff on ND should be under review? Dude's just trolling and being a clown....
BigTurn

Post by BigTurn »

HopFan16 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 1:56 pm
RumorMill wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 1:54 pm Kavanagh must be jealous of Faison and wants to be a two-sport athlete as well... practicing for soccer tryouts. No doubt they are phenomenal lacrosse players, but these theatrics have to stop. Last thing we need are young players flailing about trying to draw a flag.
He very cleared faked an injury after losing the ball out of bounds. Writhing in pain on the ground but then comes back in 5 seconds later
Just circling back for your benefit, he retore the labrum he had surgery on this past fall on this play. Was up and playing again within minutes.
RumorMill

Post by RumorMill »

azim21 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:02 am
BigTurn wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:29 pm

Dude's gotta be a Duke fan or just an Irish hater... :roll: There's a clear difference between both of those hits and one deserved the reaction it got. Then to suggest it was a solid hit or that the medical, training, and coaching staff on ND should be under review? Dude's just trolling and being a clown....
Yes, agree there is a difference between the hits. Which one didn’t get the reaction it deserved? I thought both reactions were “professional” by the receiving player.

"Solid" synonyms: hard, firm, rock-hard, substantial. It was a hard, substantial, solid hit. Or in your opinion it wasn’t? And 50 was being dramatic? I don’t think so. Show me where I said “good” or “clean”.

BT said “Chris taking a likely concussion”. If 50 was showing signs of a concussion you think the coaches and staff should send him back into the game?
RumorMill

Post by RumorMill »

BigTurn wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:58 pm
RumorMill wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 1:54 pm Kavanagh must be jealous of Faison and wants to be a two-sport athlete as well... practicing for soccer tryouts. No doubt they are phenomenal lacrosse players, but these theatrics have to stop. Last thing we need are young players flailing about trying to draw a flag.
He very cleared faked an injury after losing the ball out of bounds. Writhing in pain on the ground but then comes back in 5 seconds later
Just circling back for your benefit, he retore the labrum he had surgery on this past fall on this play. Was up and playing again within minutes.
Appreciate the update. Glad he is still able to play.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Thanks for circling back. That's strange, because the shoulder he had surgery on this past fall was his left shoulder...

...but the shoulder he apparently hurt vs. Duke appears to be his right shoulder.

Visual evidence: https://imgur.com/a/xuDpWCC

Can you explain this medical mystery
BigTurn

Post by BigTurn »

HopFan16 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:40 pm
Thanks for circling back. That's strange, because the shoulder he had surgery on this past fall was his left shoulder...

...but the shoulder he apparently hurt vs. Duke appears to be his right shoulder.

Visual evidence: https://imgur.com/a/xuDpWCC

Can you explain this medical mystery
Then he did the other one. I assumed it was the same. He tore a labrum on the play. Either way, you were completely off base about faking injuries. Mystery solved.
NYlax222

Post by NYlax222 »

HIghly ironic to see all these commenting about 'faking' injuries. The Kavs are two guys who played through serious injuries (in some cases, caused by blatant cheap shots) last championship weekend. More broadly, pity that the primary focus on the ND thread is this topic. Will be amazing next six weeks in the sport.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

NYlax222 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:33 pm HIghly ironic to see all these commenting about 'faking' injuries. The Kavs are two guys who played through serious injuries (in some cases, caused by blatant cheap shots) last championship weekend. More broadly, pity that the primary focus on the ND thread is this topic. Will be amazing next six weeks in the sport.
what were the injuries that were caused by blatant cheap shots?
BigTurn

Post by BigTurn »

wgdsr wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:46 pm
NYlax222 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:33 pm HIghly ironic to see all these commenting about 'faking' injuries. The Kavs are two guys who played through serious injuries (in some cases, caused by blatant cheap shots) last championship weekend. More broadly, pity that the primary focus on the ND thread is this topic. Will be amazing next six weeks in the sport.
Chris had a concussion, stitches, and a black eye from the brower hit.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

BigTurn wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:24 pm
ok, that's one the poster may believe fits the bill. he had a concussion and continued to play? (rhetorical)
diagnosed or undiagnosed? source?
BigTurn

Post by BigTurn »

wgdsr wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:30 pm
ok, that's one the poster may believe fits the bill. he had a concussion and continued to play? (rhetorical)
Yes. Diagnosed after. It’s the championship game, Kavanaghs were not coming out, get real. Their older brother played half of ‘15 with stress fractures, Shelly was injured last year, rumor is O’Neill is playing on a possible torn hammy right now, Luke Duprey played the entire F4 on a torn ACL in ‘14. College athletes play injured.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

BigTurn wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:37 pm
wgdsr wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:30 pm
Yes. Diagnosed after. It’s the championship game, Kavanaghs were not coming out, get real. Their older brother played half of ‘15 with stress fractures, Shelly was injured last year, rumor is O’Neill is playing on a possible torn hammy right now, Luke Duprey played the entire F4 on a torn ACL in ‘14. College athletes play injured.
concussions aren't the same as those other injuries. that's... interesting.
BigTurn

Post by BigTurn »

It’s amazing how in the span of ~10 posts we’ve gone from the Kavanagh’s fake injuries, to no wait, they were actually too injured to be playing. Incredible.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”