Notre Dame 2024

D1 Mens Lacrosse
BigTurn

Re: Notre Dame 2024

Post by BigTurn »

Hooz123 wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 1:20 pm It's UVa day today. 13-9, UVa cruises.
Just promise you won’t cry again if things don’t go your way.
alecbaldwin

Post by alecbaldwin »

I assume they'll get in based on reputation, but hard to believe UVA has an at-large resume with a loss to ND today. Based on RPI, which I don't think is a great way to evaluate teams, they'd end up with one top ten win against Maryland who got their doors blown off last night and haven't looked competitive against tournament teams (Hopkins/Penn St) recently.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

alecbaldwin wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 2:06 pm I assume they'll get in based on reputation, but hard to believe UVA has an at-large resume with a loss to ND today. Based on RPI, which I don't think is a great way to evaluate teams, they'd end up with one top ten win against Maryland who got their doors blown off last night and haven't looked competitive against tournament teams (Hopkins/Penn St) recently.
reputation has never been one of the primary criteria, but ya never know with the committee.
which 8 teams would you have in in front of them?
NYlax222

Post by NYlax222 »

This team so incredibly well coached, balanced, deep, and plays with ground ball hustle that's unmatched. Love watching them.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Its a wipe out.
Laxguy703

Post by Laxguy703 »

Entenmann is freaking ridiculous… He has made at least 5 or 6 saves that are easily going on any other goalie in the country. Has made it impossible for UVA to even attempt a comeback.

Best player in the country.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Laxguy703 wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 6:30 pm Entenmann is freaking ridiculous… He has made at least 5 or 6 saves that are easily going on any other goalie in the country. Has made it impossible for UVA to even attempt a comeback.

His clean snag of Kolsey's btb shot right on crease in first qtr! Amazing.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Laxguy703 wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 6:30 pm Entenmann is freaking ridiculous… He has made at least 5 or 6 saves that are easily going on any other goalie in the country. Has made it impossible for UVA to even attempt a comeback.

He should win, and has earned Tewaaraton.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Finster

Post by Finster »

youthathletics wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 6:59 pm

At this stage, Entenmann seems like the only candidate who is excelling to the finish line. And not for nothing, but he is a great kid, and the entire lacrosse universe would be ecstatic if he won.

I underestimated this team's character. They play with an edge, a mental and energy advantage that other teams are not matching. It's hard to envision another team rising to the occasion against Notre Dame unless that team has something to prove (UVA?).
BigTurn

Post by BigTurn »

Finster wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 9:29 am

At this stage, Entenmann seems like the only candidate who is excelling to the finish line. And not for nothing, but he is a great kid, and the entire lacrosse universe would be ecstatic if he won.

I underestimated this team's character. They play with an edge, a mental and energy advantage that other teams are not matching. It's hard to envision another team rising to the occasion against Notre Dame unless that team has something to prove (UVA?).
A team i hadn’t watched much of until just the other night that could have potential: PSU. They looked pretty sharp, and may have some of that scorched earth mentality ND brought to last season after the way their season ended on a flat out wrong call.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

I agree....they play the game as it was originally intended (except for the flops ;) )...with flow, care free, and confidently. I also believe Wellner is a significant factor in that. He is a great recruiter and has a way of maximizing talent, while they put out the least amount of effort, allowing the game to essentially slow down for them and see what is coming.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Finster

Post by Finster »

BigTurn wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 9:35 am

A team i hadn’t watched much of until just the other night that could have potential: PSU. They looked pretty sharp, and may have some of that scorched earth mentality ND brought to last season after the way their season ended on a flat out wrong call.

I hadn't thought of Penn State, but you could be correct.
NYlax222

Post by NYlax222 »

agree with others - Penn State is a handful. If we ranked teams by how they look when they play their A game, I'd have them no lower than 3rd.
BigTurn

Post by BigTurn »

Finster wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 10:00 am

…boy was i wrong
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

BigTurn wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 10:57 pm

…boy was i wrong
Couldn't see the game. Michigan HAD to win. Penn State just had to stay healthy. Is there more to it than that?
BigTurn

Post by BigTurn »

bearlaxfan wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 11:09 pm
BigTurn wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 10:57 pm

…boy was i wrong
Couldn't see the game. Michigan HAD to win. Penn State just had to stay healthy. Is there more to it than that?
PSU looked like a jv team. After thursday i thought this was a team that could make a MDW run. After tonight i think this is a team that may be lucky to escape the first round.
BigTurn

Post by BigTurn »

Irish favored by 9 over Albany

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”