CABRINI 2024

D3 Mens Lacrosse
MVPiccoli

Re: CABRINI 2024

Post by MVPiccoli »

NS, saw that teaser post. Mikey Gerz behind the camera?

You gotta love Deluca's decision. Perfect guy/career stage/life stage/experience/commitment level possible. I'm sure this isn't top of mind for him right now, but this season is like a real time interview.

Only watched him compete for us, and interacted with him over email leading up to this season. Impressive Dude. Mature beyond his years.
MVPiccoli

Post by MVPiccoli »

Not Suitable, didn't know you were on that 2015 squad. One of the most talented groups Colf ever assembled. Next to the 2014 and 2019 rosters IMO. I drove down to Gull-land for the 2014 game. I could tell from the body language during pre-game that Cory Elmer and Tyler Johnston weren't homies. Seemed like that season fell apart due to infighting. Sobieksi was Ty Kostack before Ty Kostack IMO. Their games were so similar. DiSanzo was a bull. Mike Leyden. DiNenno at the dot. Buncha bad dudes.
Not Suitable

Post by Not Suitable »

MVPiccoli wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:07 pm Not Suitable, didn't know you were on that 2015 squad. One of the most talented groups Colf ever assembled. Next to the 2014 and 2019 rosters IMO. I drove down to Gull-land for the 2014 game. I could tell from the body language during pre-game that Cory Elmer and Tyler Johnston weren't homies. Seemed like that season fell apart due to infighting. Sobieksi was Ty Kostack before Ty Kostack IMO. Their games were so similar. DiSanzo was a bull. Mike Leyden. DiNenno at the dot. Buncha bad dudes.
It was a fun team to be on. Personally I never really saw any tension between Ty and Corey. I think we just got too big headed and weren't tested enough early in the season. Our OOC schedule looked good on paper, but everyone had down years. Dickinson came off an undefeated regular season and went 9-7, Gettysburg went 9-7 as well, Nazareth and Ithaca weren't as good as advertised. All of our "big games" we just blew everyone out so when it came time to play the Gulls I don't think we were prepared enough.

But I agree with your sentiment on all the players. Some dawgs and it was pleasure playing with them on the field, and hanging with them off the field.
MVPiccoli

Post by MVPiccoli »

That surprises me (on Elmer and Johnston). Their body language was off. Separate lines during warm-ups. Now I think less of my EQ capabilities.

I think it was the Dickinson game at home in 2014 or 2015. I sat in the stands with my Mom. DiSanzo bull dodged and launched an absolute missile off the cross bar. Angry poetry. Fun team to watch when you all were clicking.
MVPiccoli

Post by MVPiccoli »

Sloppy game on our side. Bugs were way too much for us to overcome without at least playing clean ball. Tough one to watch in the 4th. Very impressed by Rust letting the game come to him. Break out performance. HSC game is a chance to bounce back quickly. That penalty on Evans in the 1st man, sheesh. Skipper was not seeing it either. Now they know where they stand. Time to get after it.
MVPiccoli

Post by MVPiccoli »

Was on and off the HSC stream. Evenly matched. I don’t know if we have any HSC folks on here anymore. If there are and you all see this…thank you for hosting us and for the wonderful test.
elitelax4596

Post by elitelax4596 »

MVPiccoli wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:09 pm Was on and off the HSC stream. Evenly matched. I don’t know if we have any HSC folks on here anymore. If there are and you all see this…thank you for hosting us and for the wonderful test.
Cabrini is nothing but class. Glad we got one on you guys before it was all done, but knowing full strength, it’s usually a different game. The boys in Radnor, PA have nothing but pride and dignity. Never seen 27 dudes compete so hard. Cabrini will be playing in late April/May. Thank you again Cabrini for the memories.

-HSC and all of D3 lax
MVPiccoli

Post by MVPiccoli »

elitelax4596 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:25 pm
MVPiccoli wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:09 pm Was on and off the HSC stream. Evenly matched. I don’t know if we have any HSC folks on here anymore. If there are and you all see this…thank you for hosting us and for the wonderful test.
Cabrini is nothing but class. Glad we got one on you guys before it was all done, but knowing full strength, it’s usually a different game. The boys in Radnor, PA have nothing but pride and dignity. Never seen 27 dudes compete so hard. Cabrini will be playing in late April/May. Thank you again Cabrini for the memories.

-HSC and all of D3 lax
We've been called worse! Really appreciate your post. We are enjoying their gumption from the stands and screens. You can't conjure this type of team make-up and mission. It's organic and unique. They won't quit, even when our school quit on them. Your Tigers share some of those traits too. The Rostan's have always instilled that lunch pale attitude. Best of luck the rest of the way and in the seasons to come!

Jay's comment on the HSC athletics site was all class too: "We're excited for our team for grinding tonight and picking up an important win for our season," said head coach Jason Rostan '03. "It was not always pretty, but our team found a way in a hard-fought game. We have a lot of respect for Cabrini lacrosse, their coaches, and their student-athletes' commitment in their final season. We have had a lot of awesome games over the past 17 years and we will miss competing with their great program."
Not Suitable

Post by Not Suitable »

Definitely a better showing than the Lynch game and not the desired outcome but proud of them for fighting. Spring break is always tough going from Lynch to Farmville on a couple days rest but looking forward to these boys getting back to ERD and getting a little in state competition against the pride and Arcadia!
MVPiccoli

Post by MVPiccoli »

Not Suitable wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:56 am Definitely a better showing than the Lynch game and not the desired outcome but proud of them for fighting. Spring break is always tough going from Lynch to Farmville on a couple days rest but looking forward to these boys getting back to ERD and getting a little in state competition against the pride and Arcadia!
Used to be a lot of Delco guys on both Widener and Cabrini. A couple classes after me, the boys made "Battle of the Blue Route" t-shirts. Wish I still had one.
MVPiccoli

Post by MVPiccoli »

I was expecting a victory, but the thought the rain would affect our depth and shooting. Bounced off the stream after three quarters to handle some family stuff. They seem to be really energized at ERD. Arcadia, Wooster, Catholic, then the last ever battle for Eagle Road.

I ran into Mike Kubacki (North Catholic guy, Cabrini alum, played for a season) while getting some physical therapy. He's on the Cabrini Board and handling all the comms with 'Nova. They are now angling to make the campus a spot for their EDU major. Something like Villanova - Cabrini School of Education. They don't know what to do with the buildings yet. Grace Hall, Founders, the Library, and a few others will 100% be demolished. Rest is up in the air.
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

Would absolutely love to see them keep the Cabrini name in some capacity.

Entertaining read on Twitter this weekend, catching Widener staff member losing composure and getting into a relatively one sided “Twitter beef” with Cabrini alum and Podcast personality Matt Nestler on the heels of Cabrini’s victory over the Pride. (Coincidentally Nestler’s brother played at Widener, so unsure of why the bad blood)
MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
MVPiccoli

Post by MVPiccoli »

Me too man. Kubacki said they were pushing for something even broader, like 'Nova - Cabrini School of Liberal Arts, but I think it depends on which way 'Nova's board takes on the acres.

Nest still seems to borderline hate any Cavs opponent. I think it's that new alumni thing where you haven't taken a step back yet. Still feel like you're in it. IDK. He can hold his own in a war of words for sure.

The Widener rosters I played against were not made up of my favorite people. But we had a kid from Garnet Valley end up there (Charlie Bytheway), along with playing club with a handful of guys that changed my mind on the Pios/Pride.
MVPiccoli

Post by MVPiccoli »

What an effort the boys just gave. On the road, quick turnaround. Can’t express how proud we are of the way they are laying all out there.
Nothinbutthelax

Post by Nothinbutthelax »

Congrats on a great win! Courageous!
TronLax1

Post by TronLax1 »

A great game indeed! Congratulations to the CAVS and good luck to the Red Dragons! Two great teams giving their in the final regular season series game! Hopefully we can see them both competing against each other in the NCAA Tournament in May!
dp68

Post by dp68 »

Amazing game yesterday. This Red Dragons fan can't say enough about how far Cabrini has come since the Lynchburg game.

It kills me that your school opted to close its doors. As I wrote on the SUNY board, you all deserve better. Heck, my son and I were there when Cabrini won the NCAA championship in Philly. What a day that was.

Let's hope Cortland makes the dance so we can see a rematch between these two teams. I'm sure Cabrini will be there. There's no one in the Atlantic East that can touch you, and I won't be shocked if you run the table until Salisbury comes to town. But we'll take it one game at a time...

Congratulations on a tremendous, gutty road victory. I really thought Cortland had the game locked up with a 2-goal fourth quarter lead and Cabrini looking a little winded on defense. Much respect to turning the game around. The checking and ground ball advantage showed how much the game meant to Cabrini and how strong your team is.

Good luck the rest of the season. I'm sure you'll play May lax.
mailsy

Post by mailsy »

A fun game to watch online.(After the fact)Too bad I couldn't see it in person. The ups and downs of emotions must have been crazy. Great effort by both squads. Way to go Cavs!

ROLL CAVS FOREVER!!!
MVPiccoli

Post by MVPiccoli »

dp68 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:38 am Amazing game yesterday. This Red Dragons fan can't say enough about how far Cabrini has come since the Lynchburg game.

It kills me that your school opted to close its doors. As I wrote on the SUNY board, you all deserve better. Heck, my son and I were there when Cabrini won the NCAA championship in Philly. What a day that was.

Let's hope Cortland makes the dance so we can see a rematch between these two teams. I'm sure Cabrini will be there. There's no one in the Atlantic East that can touch you, and I won't be shocked if you run the table until Salisbury comes to town. But we'll take it one game at a time...

Congratulations on a tremendous, gutty road victory. I really thought Cortland had the game locked up with a 2-goal fourth quarter lead and Cabrini looking a little winded on defense. Much respect to turning the game around. The checking and ground ball advantage showed how much the game meant to Cabrini and how strong your team is.

Good luck the rest of the season. I'm sure you'll play May lax.
I think we were out over our skis in the Lynchburg game man. Adrenaline dump after the opener. Which they had been building towards since the news hit. And the Bugs are really well constructed and coached. I love that program. Coach K is a real one.

I have a similar opinion/respect for Cortland.

That 2019 game was a scene. Thank you for sharing and for attending!

We'll see in regards to tourney ball. All of the alumni I communicate with are just staying present and thankful for each contest. Lotta games left to play. Thanks again for your comments/good will and sincerely wish you all and your fine program the best!
MVPiccoli

Post by MVPiccoli »

If you haven't already, give @CabriniMLax a follow in Instagram. Alum Mike Gerzabek has been dropping some fantastic stuff. And we brought the sword logo back. Last season. UVA can't sue us if we don't exist!

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”