ODAC 2024

D3 Mens Lacrosse
Dehuntshigwa’es

Re: ODAC 2024

Post by Dehuntshigwa’es »

Nothinbutthelax wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:52 am Kraus win % against NOkE, RMC and Doah in head to head 55% +. Kraus will be 2nd or 3rd team..
Not part of voting but If re-match with W& L in final. He will not go 35%.
Short rest for both. Last game was highly unusual. I’ll take 50% or better from Spano and 2 pts
Nothinbutthelax

Post by Nothinbutthelax »

Looking forward to today’s games.
Think HSC and NOKE finish off the challengers in 2nd half after.
LYN may have a bruising battle but advance vs. today’s fav NOKE.
LYN and W&L have faced challenges vs. stiffer SOS and have experienced depth.
Talk of HSC matching up vs. W&L is false hope. Injuries had W&L resorting to some backups and weee out of sorts. They are primed after a great CNU showing.. Burns looked good and what has impressed me most is Spano and goalie play.
LYN 1 goal loss to Hamilton looks better after they took down Tufts. 1 goal losses to W&L is a driving motivator in the hill city. Riley Mitchell has not been himself since returning. Even drawing shorties.. I’d be thrilled with 50% FO from Kraus if they meet again. Have. To hang my hat on how difficult it is to beat a team twice.🙏
ODACtionEmpire

Post by ODACtionEmpire »

This week is huge across all of lacrosse, but my eyes are on the ODAC

Starting this post by looking at my Tigers vs the Jackets. Momentum wise, both groups have been stagnant the past few weeks. Weaker competition to end the season after both groups look at the Gennies who sit at home after a tough game against CNU. I think this is a pretty even matchup, maybe as even as its been in a decade. HSC defense needs to be stingy against #22 Smith who has had some breakout performances this year. Jackets will be challenged against #25 O'Brien after a 5 pt performance last time these teams played. I believe this will be a fast paced game, so whoever is able to weather transition and value their possessions will come out on top. Prediction: 15-12 HSC

For the other matchup, I think Shenandoah actually has a fighting chance against Noke. The score doesn't show it from last matchup, but after a hearty showing against LYN, the Northern Hornets will be ready for the chaos of the Maroons. Roanoke is limping to the finish line here; #41 is down and out to a degree after he watched the W&L game from the LH wing. The defense gave up 51 shots to the Gennies, which is the most since they gave up 54 to UMW. That is a scary number if you notice Shen has had many 50+ shot games. The goalkeeping will be tested. Prediction: 17-16 Hornets (OT)

No matter what, both games will be great ODAC matchups, and you can bet the Bugs and Gennies are watching at home.
Dehuntshigwa’es

W&L / Lynchburg is a pick ‘em game. Honestly if they played 10x I think they’d be .500. It’s truly a one possession game, the goalie or fogo catches fire,or a failed clear. I haven’t any idea what the outcome could be should they meet again. Let’s just hope both get to the finals
ODACtionEmpire

Post by ODACtionEmpire »

Dehuntshigwa’es wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:37 am W&L / Lynchburg is a pick ‘em game. Honestly if they played 10x I think they’d be .500. It’s truly a one possession game, the goalie or fogo catches fire,or a failed clear. I haven’t any idea what the outcome could be should they meet again. Let’s just hope both get to the finals
Couldn't agree more. The last time this game was more than a 1 goal game was 2021 (if my search serves me correctly), and in those 3 contests that year LYN outscored the Gennies 39-24 (16-6 in the ODAC final). Safe to say that year spurred some sort of revival in Lexington.
aroundtheoutside

Post by aroundtheoutside »

Just based on the eye test it's looked to me like W&L is a slightly better, more complete team than Lynchburg. The Hornets are really dangerous from the midfield, but they've seemed a bit more streaky and inconsistent. That said, I agree that an ODAC final between the two is probably a toss up. Not to look past the conference, but I'm hoping both of these teams make a big dent in the NCAA brackets this year. Down with the North.
Laxguy703

Post by Laxguy703 »

ODACtionEmpire wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:30 am This week is huge across all of lacrosse, but my eyes are on the ODAC

Starting this post by looking at my Tigers vs the Jackets. Momentum wise, both groups have been stagnant the past few weeks. Weaker competition to end the season after both groups look at the Gennies who sit at home after a tough game against CNU. I think this is a pretty even matchup, maybe as even as its been in a decade. HSC defense needs to be stingy against #22 Smith who has had some breakout performances this year. Jackets will be challenged against #25 O'Brien after a 5 pt performance last time these teams played. I believe this will be a fast paced game, so whoever is able to weather transition and value their possessions will come out on top. Prediction: 15-12 HSC

For the other matchup, I think Shenandoah actually has a fighting chance against Noke. The score doesn't show it from last matchup, but after a hearty showing against LYN, the Northern Hornets will be ready for the chaos of the Maroons. Roanoke is limping to the finish line here; #41 is down and out to a degree after he watched the W&L game from the LH wing. The defense gave up 51 shots to the Gennies, which is the most since they gave up 54 to UMW. That is a scary number if you notice Shen has had many 50+ shot games. The goalkeeping will be tested. Prediction: 17-16 Hornets (OT)

No matter what, both games will be great ODAC matchups, and you can bet the Bugs and Gennies are watching at home.
With or without Kammerman, Roanoke is winning this game by at least 10. They beat Shenandoah by 21(!!!) goals last time. Shenandoah showed fight in the LYN game, but don’t forget they were down 14-1 at half. If it weren’t for Coach K pulling all his starters early and sticking to his guns when it got ugly, it could’ve been a lot worse.
valaxfan

Post by valaxfan »

ODACtionEmpire wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:49 am
Dehuntshigwa’es wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:37 am W&L / Lynchburg is a pick ‘em game. Honestly if they played 10x I think they’d be .500. It’s truly a one possession game, the goalie or fogo catches fire,or a failed clear. I haven’t any idea what the outcome could be should they meet again. Let’s just hope both get to the finals
Couldn't agree more. The last time this game was more than a 1 goal game was 2021 (if my search serves me correctly), and in those 3 contests that year LYN outscored the Gennies 39-24 (16-6 in the ODAC final). Safe to say that year spurred some sort of revival in Lexington.
I sure hope the Gennies and Hornets make it to the final. Not a fan of pre-picking a game, the game before it even happens.

valaxfan
Jumbo

Post by Jumbo »

HSC field looks amazing.
Dehuntshigwa’es

Jumbo wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:36 pm HSC field looks amazing.
HSC has the nicest natural grass lax field in America, D1,2 or 3 !
JBFortunato

Post by JBFortunato »

ODACtionEmpire wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:30 am This week is huge across all of lacrosse, but my eyes are on the ODAC

:lol: see you next year bro
Dehuntshigwa’es

There is nothing more dangerous than a man or a team who believes in themselves. Generals will face Randy Mac who just beat HSC and is believing, and rightly so. They won the second half of the first match up 7-4, they also beat the Generals in the first qtr 2-1. Thankfully it’s a 60 minute game. I’d hope the Generals view them as a real threat and beat any hope RMC may have out of them early on and don’t let go. Don’t allow the momentum RMC has to carry over to this game. Good luck W&L
Laxattackjack

Post by Laxattackjack »

Dehuntshigwa’es wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 11:47 am There is nothing more dangerous than a man or a team who believes in themselves. Generals will face Randy Mac who just beat HSC and is believing, and rightly so. They won the second half of the first match up 7-4, they also beat the Generals in the first qtr 2-1. Thankfully it’s a 60 minute game. I’d hope the Generals view them as a real threat and beat any hope RMC may have out of them early on and don’t let go. Don’t allow the momentum RMC has to carry over to this game. Good luck W&L
if RMC goalie plays like he did yesterday, they have a chance.
BigFella

Post by BigFella »

Congrats to Coach Pilat on 400 wins
Nothinbutthelax

BigFella wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 8:14 pm Congrats to Coach Pilat on 400 wins
1985 NOKE grad. AA goalie, coached son, mentored thousands and 400 wins..Dizzying body of work and accomplishments. Congratulations indeed Coach!
Nothinbutthelax

Burns is active/healthy. What a rip to make it 8-3
Dehuntshigwa’es

Nothinbutthelax wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 4:42 pm Burns is active/healthy. What a rip to make it 8-3
Correct, he hadn’t looked 100% in awhile. That goal stood out. I’m betting he’s as healthy as anyone can be at this point in the season. I don’t think he will see any more shorty’s. If he’s truly back and he gets his confidence rolling this offense can hit another gear. It’s 86 degrees like to see them extend this lead 9-6 into the early third and take some starters out especially Spano. Hornets projected temp is from to 81-76 as the evening progresses. Anyone think Roanoke has it in them for the upset. If Hadley is only 50% ish can Noke sneak in with a W.
It’s been 2 amazing seasons where freshmen have come to the fore. Beatty and Cohen weren’t surprises to me last year. They jumped off the page on their vids. The degree to which they were successful was a bit surprising. This year seeing all of Spano’s tape you knew you had something special. Still would not have expected 65% plus and getting better as the season progressed. Also love his ability to win it to himself. Most gb’s by anyone in 20 years. Announcer said he’s 74 out of his last 100…..De Cain from reports from 2 D1 goalies in the Philly area said the kid would be good and he’s had a great first year. My last guy Blair Brennan was another between FB and lax is going to be outstanding. He’s shined since Beatty went down, ( please drop FB, Generals don’t throw it) . RMC isn’t going away, these kids are tough . Hope the boyz get this done
RMC MAN UP, potential momentum swing 11-10 score great job killing that penalty. RMC is playing great.This is exactly what I did not want to see, these kids believe all the pressure now goes to W&L. Have to give RMC credit to make it a 15 min contest
Last edited by Dehuntshigwa’es on Thu May 02, 2024 5:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nothinbutthelax

Freshman LYN similarly impressive last and this year. The future looks competitive in the ODAC
1 goal game. Can’t save energy now. D is out now sinc and man down…Generals may need to run Cohen and Albegts till they drop..
Nothinbutthelax

Freshman LYN similarly impressive last and this year. The future looks competitive in the ODAC
1 goal game. Can’t save energy now. D is out now sinc and man down…Generals may need to run Cohen and Albregts till they drop..
Dehuntshigwa’es

Nothinbutthelax wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 5:25 pm Freshman LYN similarly impressive last and this year. The future looks competitive in the ODAC
1 goal game. Can’t save energy now. D is out now sinc and man down…Generals may need to run Cohen and Albregts till they drop..
Crazy Generals are playing well but so is RMC. Imagine if there wasn’t a Spano. Cohen trying a little too much but draws a flag. He does have a little hero ball in him and lacks situational awareness at times . Need a TO. History in the making if RMC wins what a VICTORY. Gotta respect their effort. I had written earlier this game despite the 27 straight wins made me nervous. 5.3 seconds to make history !
CONGRATULATIONS now make it count like the US Hockey team did. Just the beginning
Last edited by Dehuntshigwa’es on Thu May 02, 2024 6:12 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”