Sensible Gun Safety

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: Sensible Gun Safety

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Kismet wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 1:26 pm
youthathletics wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 1:07 pm So now all of TLD's alias' are talking to one another, slow day at the office. :lol:

Must be horrible to ask lawyers and judges to enforce laws on the books. Stop being a clown.
So what laws needed to be enforced in this latest incident? That would have prevented the ultimate crime?

The clown comment certainly isn't helpful to any kind of reasoned discussion here.

I would have thought you better than this YA :oops:
He believes defense attorneys shouldn’t work hard to get their clients off or sentences reduced. They are part of the problem. That’s how that brain works.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 1:39 pm
youthathletics wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 1:07 pm So now all of TLD's alias' are talking to one another, slow day at the office. :lol:

Must be horrible to ask lawyers and judges to enforce laws on the books. Stop being a clown.
So what laws needed to be enforced in this latest incident? That would have prevented the ultimate crime?

The clown comment certainly isn't helpful to any kind of reasoned discussion here.

He believes defense attorneys shouldn’t work hard to get their clients off or sentences reduced. They are part of the problem. That’s how that brain works.
You proved my point...the defense attorneys are working for a lesser charge, which puts violent criminals back on the street. I suppose your brain works the same.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:04 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 1:39 pm

You proved my point...the defense attorneys are working for a lesser charge, which puts violent criminals back on the street. I suppose your brain works the same.
Something your brain may be able to process….

https://www.cliffsnotes.com/study-guide ... ice-system

I learned about this by paying attention in class.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Good guys with guns all over the place during the shootings -- 6 dead, 30 wounded. Another right wing talking point turns out to be a lie. :roll:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

jhu72 wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:50 pm

Good guys with guns all over the place during the shootings -- 6 dead, 30 wounded. Another right wing talking point turns out to be a lie. :roll:
?????????????????.. dude was in a snipers perch on a roof shooting with the cover of all the fireworks. The good guys with guns had to first determine where the shooter was and then race to the roof. This is truly your dumbest in a long line of dumb analogies. One more stain on your reputation Dr Wizard. Your talents would be better served elsewhere. There is a planet out there that needs you to save it.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:24 pm

?????????????????.. dude was in a snipers perch on a roof shooting with the cover of all the fireworks. The good guys with guns had to first determine where the shooter was and then race to the roof. This is truly your dumbest in a long line of dumb analogies. One more stain on your reputation Dr Wizard. Your talents would be better served elsewhere. There is a planet out there that needs you to save it.
... the right wing talking point has a caveat? :lol: :lol: So under what other circumstances is the talking point not true? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Typical Lax Dad

I thought they were waiting outside the classroom.
Typical Lax Dad

For anyone interested in some basic information on how our system works:

https://study.com/academy/lesson/advers ... tages.html
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

Crimo 3 managed to legally obtain five guns – including the murder weapon – after a suicide attempt and a threat to “kill everyone” in 2019, authorities revealed Tuesday. All you have to do is ask politely.
Typical Lax Dad

ardilla secreta wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:02 pm Crimo 3 managed to legally obtain five guns – including the murder weapon – after a suicide attempt and a threat to “kill everyone” in 2019, authorities revealed Tuesday. All you have to do is ask politely.
Off Topic: Been drinking Jever. Thanks for reminding me.
DocBarrister

Quick Question for Idolatrous Gun Cultists

Post by DocBarrister »

You do realize that by supporting the satanic gun industry and its idolatrous gun cult that you will end up burning in hell for all eternity?

Just saying’ ….

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

ardilla secreta wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:02 pm Crimo 3 managed to legally obtain five guns – including the murder weapon – after a suicide attempt and a threat to “kill everyone” in 2019, authorities revealed Tuesday. All you have to do is ask politely.

Florida (red state) by far leads the nation in removing guns from troubled gun owners.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/01/politics ... index.html
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Plenty of armed cops were present. I guess they were on their coffee breaks or guarding the porta-potties and were not available to protect the public.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
ggait

Post by ggait »

Good guys with guns all over the place during the shootings -- 6 dead, 30 wounded.
I was at my town's July 4th parade on Monday morning. Was standing next to a friend who is an Army vet and is always armed. If some nut with a MSSA rifle opened up on us from a rooftop, we would both have been goners.

Just lucky that my town didn't come up in the mass shooting lottery.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

A close friend who resides in Tucson has been spending the past month in Chicago escaping the heat and looking into moving there. He and his wife were supposed to attend a 4th party in Highland Park, but the uncle of his brother in law host was shot in the shoulder at the parade, the 85 year old victim, so it was called off.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:39 pm

Florida (red state) by far leads the nation in removing guns from troubled gun owners.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/01/politics ... index.html
... only because there are so many in Florida. :roll:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

jhu72 wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:28 pm

... the right wing talking point has a caveat? :lol: :lol: So under what other circumstances is the talking point not true? :lol: :lol: :lol:
There were a lot of good guys with guns on that day in Dallas. They couldn't prevent Oswald from blowing JFKs brains out. You have little understanding how dangerous a sniper can be. How exactly were all those good guys with guns going to stop the shooting? All they could do was react to what was happening at the time. That is what happens when you defund the police there Dr Wizard. While your wasting your time jibber jabbering with me there is a planet that needs your help. :D
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

The Illinois State Police have conceded that Crimo's father co-signed for his Firearm Owner's Identification card (FOID) that he received even after threatening to kill his family and having his weapons confiscated. Crimo's death threats and weapon confiscation happened in Sept 2019. Crimo then applied for his FOID card in December 2019 sponsored by his father and it was reviewed in Jan 2020. Because the family did not press charges at the time of the Sept 2019 death threats, ISP says that when they were reviewing Crimo III's FOID card application in Jan 2020, "there was insufficient basis to establish a clear and present danger and deny the FOID application."

Five firearms were taken from his home by Illinois State Police. Five.

Probably coming to a town like yours and mine.
Typical Lax Dad

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:05 am
jhu72 wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:28 pm

There were a lot of good guys with guns on that day in Dallas. They couldn't prevent Oswald from blowing JFKs brains out. You have little understanding how dangerous a sniper can be. How exactly were all those good guys with guns going to stop the shooting? All they could do was react to what was happening at the time. That is what happens when you defund the police there Dr Wizard. While your wasting your time jibber jabbering with me there is a planet that needs your help. :D
You ever been to Highland Park?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:26 am The Illinois State Police have conceded that Crimo's father co-signed for his Firearm Owner's Identification card (FOID) that he received even after threatening to kill his family and having his weapons confiscated. Crimo's death threats and weapon confiscation happened in Sept 2019. Crimo then applied for his FOID card in December 2019 sponsored by his father and it was reviewed in Jan 2020. Because the family did not press charges at the time of the Sept 2019 death threats, ISP says that when they were reviewing Crimo III's FOID card application in Jan 2020, "there was insufficient basis to establish a clear and present danger and deny the FOID application."

Five firearms were taken from his home by Illinois State Police. Five.

Probably coming to a town like yours and mine.
Who confiscated the firearms, and why, in 2019? Was this a legal loophole that he was allowed to re-apply?
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

Return to “POLITICS”