CLC 2024

D3 Mens Lacrosse
aroundtheoutside

Re: CLC 2024

Post by aroundtheoutside »

Oaklax wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 1:13 pm Just embarrassing performance so far by CNU.
I don't think there was ever a chance of CNU slowing down SU's offense. The key needed to be to win (or at least neutralize) the possession battle, and have a good offensive gameplan. With Auslander back, the offense could score on the Gulls defense. But if you never get the ball and never make a stop, it's over before it begins.
aroundtheoutside

Post by aroundtheoutside »

Incredible performance by Ransom today. Malamphy absolutely dominated. As long as SU shows up and doesn't take anything for granted, they might not play a close game in any round of the NCAA's. In a year where most of the field (RIT, Tufts, CNU, etc) took a step back, SU reloaded and didn't miss a beat. Well done to Gulls nation.

Just not in the cards for CNU this year. Hopefully they still make a solid run in the tournament before turning the page with a new core.
laxdad1434

Post by laxdad1434 »

Laxguy703 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 10:32 am
Motorman wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 10:20 am
Laxguy703 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 9:00 am
laxdad1434 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 8:49 am
BigMoose9 wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 7:43 pm
Laxguy703 wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 6:48 pm Another day, another CNU/Salisbury matchup :lol:

If Hanway can play like the Hanway we know and Cabbanis can win his FO matchup I feel like the Captains have a punchers chance. In reality I see this game playing out like the last few. Gulls make an early run and then it’s back and forth lacrosse for the remainder of the game. Gulls win by 5.
If I’m CNU I’m putting a pole on the entire 1st midfield line. Play Cook at attack and bring one of the attackmen out of the box, probably brendes.
So… you’re putting a shorty on #56?

Cook would have problems with SU close D, particularly #17.
You know there are 4 poles on the field, not 3 right? Put the poles on #1, #6, #16, and #56. Let the shorties try and handle #2 and #29. The first midfield combined for 15 points against the Captains last game… switching things up might not hurt.

As for Cook - He went to attack last game against the gulls and scored 3 quick goals. There’s a reason Berkman has opted to shut him off every game.
Putting a pole on the mids sound great in theory but can they handle them? Does CNU have 4 poles up to the task? Not sure about that. All 4 poles would be going up legit AA level players. Cook at attack works for short periods but not the full game.
4 poles can handle them better than the shorties could. Would they shut them down? No. But having 4 poles on a teams 4 best players is the smartest thing to do. Either that or just lock some guys off to throw a wrinkle in the O. What CNU can’t do is just keep playing salisbury straight up and getting dominated by the Salisbury midfield. It happens every time.
12 of 14 scored by mids...just sayin. SU has too many horses.
Laxguy703

Post by Laxguy703 »

aroundtheoutside wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 1:16 pm
Oaklax wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 1:13 pm Just embarrassing performance so far by CNU.
I don't think there was ever a chance of CNU slowing down SU's offense. The key needed to be to win (or at least neutralize) the possession battle, and have a good offensive gameplan. With Auslander back, the offense could score on the Gulls defense. But if you never get the ball and never make a stop, it's over before it begins.
Perfectly said. I don’t even believe CNU’s defense played particularly bad, they just played a ton of defense and if you give the Gulls that much possession then they are bound to cash in.

CNU O actually had some great looks. Ransom played out of his mind and killed any chances of CNU making it a game.

Salisburys style of play just kills CNU every time. The Captains like to play up and down, high pressure, fast paced lacrosse and the Gulls slow pace of play makes it a slow burn. The only year that CNU was built to beat the Gulls was their 2022 team that had a ton of size and depth. Even then they still went 1-1 with the Gulls.

Wouldn’t be surprised if these 2 teams meet again and we see this exact same outcome. CNU is still a top 10 team and I expect them to make a run deep into the playoffs. I just don’t think they have it in them to beat the Gulls.
laxrules

Post by laxrules »

CNU looked good or about 2.5 quarters. But RIT was just more powerful in 3rd and 4th. No saves in the 3rd by CNU G hurt! But I am sure RIT does that to a lot of goalies except RPI goalie. Nom the CLC relies on Salisbury but that’s a good team to have rep your conference.
laxdad1434

Post by laxdad1434 »

laxrules wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 3:18 pm CNU looked good or about 2.5 quarters. But RIT was just more powerful in 3rd and 4th. No saves in the 3rd by CNU G hurt! But I am sure RIT does that to a lot of goalies except RPI goalie. Nom the CLC relies on Salisbury but that’s a good team to have rep your conference.
"Nom the CLC relies on Salisbury but that’s a good team to have rep your conference" :D
laxrules

Post by laxrules »

laxdad1434 wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 4:43 pm [quote=laxrules post_id=553169 time=<a href="tel:1716059892">1716059892</a> user_id=684]
CNU looked good or about 2.5 quarters. But RIT was just more powerful in 3rd and 4th. No saves in the 3rd by CNU G hurt! But I am sure RIT does that to a lot of goalies except RPI goalie. Nom the CLC relies on Salisbury but that’s a good team to have rep your conference.
"Nom the CLC relies on Salisbury but that’s a good team to have rep your conference" :D
[/quote]

Or not!! Wow W&L

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”