Washington College 2024

D3 Mens Lacrosse
the_fish_whist1er

Re: Washington College 2024

Post by the_fish_whist1er »

Great to see WC pull out a gritty win today. Lock down D at the end by Winters and he let the sideline know after the game too. Love to see it. Looks like a “win and were in” scenario next week in Chestertown. Already checked the weather for next Saturday and it is going to be a BEAUTY.
CentennialPundit

Post by CentennialPundit »

I think that if WAC, Ursinus, and Haverford all lose next week then it’s a 3 way tie for 5th …
notjeffshirk

Post by notjeffshirk »

Saw some guys on the team riding dirty yesterday. #1 stinky guy Grant Thomas was absolutely tearing up the streets. Really hoping they take this swagger into Saturday in what could be the biggest game of a lot of these guy’s lives.
dirtybird77

Post by dirtybird77 »

Excited to see the turn around the Sho'men have made! Like I said earlier, all about getting hot at the right time and it seems like our boys are heating up! I've been told that with a WAC win and a Haverford loss, the Shoremen will host Gburg again on Tuesday in the 4v5 game for the right to play #1 SWAT. Go get 'em boys.
ChopMan23

Post by ChopMan23 »

dirtybird77 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:10 am Excited to see the turn around the Sho'men have made! Like I said earlier, all about getting hot at the right time and it seems like our boys are heating up! I've been told that with a WAC win and a Haverford loss, the Shoremen will host Gburg again on Tuesday in the 4v5 game for the right to play #1 SWAT. Go get 'em boys.
I do not think they need to rely on a Haverford loss, win and no matter what, isn't there another game? C-Town will be an awesome environment Saturday. Haven't had a meaningful matchup vs the bullets in a long time.
the_fish_whist1er

Win and we're in, pumped to see the hill rocking
xxxxxxx

Post by xxxxxxx »

Huge win for Nody and the boys, the WAC is back!
kirbysmart14

Post by kirbysmart14 »

What a game!!

Washington College goons Jack Winters and Jason Skidmore were gritty all across the field.

Shoremen secure the #4 seed and will face Gettysburg AGAIN on Tuesday in Chestertown
westernbestern

Post by westernbestern »

What a performance from the Shoremen yesterday! Especially considering they were missing their starting FOGO (#18) and one of their top defenders (#23). It looked like their leading scorer #35 got hurt before halftime and did not play for the rest of the game.

Shoutout to the guys that stepped up when it mattered! I'm sure Tuesday will be an even harder test.
ChopMan23

Post by ChopMan23 »

By no means is 4th place in cc and a play off appearance the end goal, but it’s a great sign those boys kept pushing all year and took it down to the wire. Especially after the Muhlenberg game. Kudos to Nostrant for keeping those boys engaged and competing up until the end. Excited for another tough test Tuesday. The bullets will be bringing it. Seemed like a great day down on the shore. Roll Shore.
notjeffshirk

Post by notjeffshirk »

Saw #44 and #29 riding nose-pinchingly stinky on scooters yesterday, and they were just giving the concrete hell. Possible sign of good things to come.
kirbysmart14

Post by kirbysmart14 »

Tough loss against Gettysburg yesterday in the CC Tournament. Man, that would have been a nice win.

After getting crushed by Stevenson in a scrimmage, losing to Eastern by 7, among other bad results at the start of the season, it was mind boggling to see the turn around that this team made to clinch a CC tournament birth for the first time since 2015.
MVPiccoli

Post by MVPiccoli »

Lotta fight in those boys. Tough to beat a team twice in short order. They certainly competed hard.
the_fish_whist1er

Despite what the likes of VOG and Terries and other pessimists may think, there is a lot to be proud of with this group in 2024. First season with victories against ranked opponents since 2017, first win vs F&M since 2015, first win vs. GBurg since 2014, first CC tournament appearance since 2015. What gets me fired up too is that 7 out of the top 10 scorers from this year are returning as well. The young guys on the roster got a taste of that its like to compete in the CC and now know what it takes to get there. According to IL, WAC has a recruiting class of 19 coming in this fall. From observing the senior day festivities this past weekend, seems like a few guys will be perusing their 5th years on the Shore too ;)
ChopMan23

Post by ChopMan23 »

kirbysmart14 wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 9:46 am Tough loss against Gettysburg yesterday in the CC Tournament. Man, that would have been a nice win.

After getting crushed by Stevenson in a scrimmage, losing to Eastern by 7, among other bad results at the start of the season, it was mind boggling to see the turn around that this team made to clinch a CC tournament birth for the first time since 2015.
It is a good sign that they took everything one game at a time and competed instead of packing it in and moving on. Proud of how they finished the season. I think it shows they respect their staff a lot to be able to compete the way they did after the start of the year. Kudos to the seniors moving on, they did not have it easy but thankful they stuck with it and helped bring back the competitive nature for the younger guys at the end of the year.

Like I said in my previous post, a CC appearance is not the end of the year goal. We want to see these guys competing in May, but it is certainly a long-awaited step in the right direction.
FreshPrinceofCTown

Post by FreshPrinceofCTown »

I think this Senior class will be missed. Despite, COVID, coaching changes, and numerous heartbreaking games, they gave WAC their first CC berth in 9 years. I have seen many players come and go and don’t want these guys to go unrecognized. Congrats to them—I like seeing this program take a step in the right direction and begin to stop feeling sorry for themselves. Go Shore.
MVPiccoli

Post by MVPiccoli »

You know, I think it's really hard to drive a new/unheralded program to success. There are lots of barriers; but, you don't have to deal with the historic expectations (inside and outside), alumni chatter, general impatience. I think it's harder to take one that reached the top and fell off, back up the mountain. WAC reached the first base camp. Rest and resupply.
WASHFAN

Post by WASHFAN »

The Seniors bought in and bore down. Good example for the young ones. Grittiness, defense, gbs, running the field. The seniors went after it.
ChopMan23

Post by ChopMan23 »

Right on. They went through a lot of adversity. Hope to see some of them back out there next year if any are using their last year.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”