Oregon Lacrosse

D1 Womens Lacrosse
maggie.boyle2025

Oregon Lacrosse

Post by maggie.boyle2025 »

Does Oregon have a lot of potential to become a better program considering their new coaching staff and move to the Big10?
LaxDadMax

Re: Oregon Lacrosse

Post by LaxDadMax »

maggie.boyle2025 wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 11:32 pm Does Oregon have a lot of potential to become a better program considering their new coaching staff and move to the Big10?
Can they get better? yes.

But given their location with no direct flights from the east coast, it will be difficult to get top talents to attend.
lacrosselaxin20

Post by lacrosselaxin20 »

The best they’re gonna get is Atlanta recruits with ATL-PDX
LaxDadMax

Post by LaxDadMax »

lacrosselaxin20 wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 8:37 pm The best they’re gonna get is Atlanta recruits with ATL-PDX
You know Eugene is about a two hour drive from PDX
lacrosselaxin20

Post by lacrosselaxin20 »

Keyword best babe;)
maggie.boyle2025

Post by maggie.boyle2025 »

LaxDadMax wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 12:02 pm
maggie.boyle2025 wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 11:32 pm Does Oregon have a lot of potential to become a better program considering their new coaching staff and move to the Big10?
Can they get better? yes.

But given their location with no direct flights from the east coast, it will be difficult to get top talents to attend.
That’s true, but there definitely is a lot of talent on the west coast. West coast teams like Oregon pride and Steps California have some pretty talented players who are able to compete well with east coast teams at tournaments. I’m also not expecting them to ever be a top ten team, but depending on what this new coaching staff does they might be able to move up the rankings since these past few years they’ve been really under preforming.
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

Will Oregon get better? yes. almost by default. They'll have nice facilities with the influx of new money that will attract recruits. Will they be better than everyone else? unlikely. California and the mid west are producing more talent every year but the depth of that talent pool pales in comparison to the east coast as a whole. I see them being on par with Ohio State but behind Michigan. Michigan has top 15 talent. It's just really hard to be a top team from the west. Stanford in the only team that's gotten close
LaxDadMax

Post by LaxDadMax »

Kleizaster wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 10:23 am Will Oregon get better? yes. almost by default. They'll have nice facilities with the influx of new money that will attract recruits. Will they be better than everyone else? unlikely. California and the mid west are producing more talent every year but the depth of that talent pool pales in comparison to the east coast as a whole. I see them being on par with Ohio State but behind Michigan. Michigan has top 15 talent. It's just really hard to be a top team from the west. Stanford in the only team that's gotten close
Lots of the best midwest players go to the old pac-12, but they went to Cal, Stanford, USC and ASU. All schools with better academics and easier to get to. I think Cal has 5 or 6 Illinois girls on its rosters.

For Oregon, to improve I think they need to load up with grad transfers to be more competitive and then they can get better recruits, but it is probably a few years off. To be fair though, playing in Big Ten could help them with midwest recruiting since those kids would likely have multiple "home" games per year.
laxinforlife

Post by laxinforlife »

Kleizaster wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 10:23 am Will Oregon get better? yes. almost by default. They'll have nice facilities with the influx of new money that will attract recruits. Will they be better than everyone else? unlikely. California and the mid west are producing more talent every year but the depth of that talent pool pales in comparison to the east coast as a whole. I see them being on par with Ohio State but behind Michigan. Michigan has top 15 talent. It's just really hard to be a top team from the west. Stanford in the only team that's gotten close
I believe Denver is a team from the West...

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”