UNC 2024

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Sportin' Life

Re: UNC 2024

Post by Sportin' Life »

Speaking of the 2025 recruiting class, A/M Brock Geraci, 73 points as a soph at Governor's Academy in the ISL, has flipped to the Heels from the Hoyas.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C4a1ZP2uFsa/
Finish Strong
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Finster wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 1:31 pm
Lax4love wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 1:16 pm Writes the Syracuse fan with Manhattan, Hobart and HPU on the schedule....Glass houses.

You left out a few tbh.

I think you’d find several Syracuse supporters (including me) not entirely enthusiastic about the OOC schedule this year.
Because High Point, a fly by night circus of a college, playing UNC is a perfect comparison to Syracuse playing Hobart. (We suck this year and I’m ready for a change in HC)
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
GaitsRightHand

Post by GaitsRightHand »

CloutierPoutine wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 3:29 pm Really wish there were highlights somewhere. Offense is improving every game which is all you can ask for. Very happy Owen Duffy is on my team!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsKE4uPiDWs
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

getitdone wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:43 pm I disagree on the RPI and SOS Last year Delaware had to due the play in game because of their RPI Their conference included Hampton and there was another cupcake them in there as well. Without those teams bringing down the RPI, they might have avoided playing #1 seeded Duke in first round. All games factor into RPI
You understand the distinction and difference between at large selection criteria and seeding/bracket placement, right?
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
CloutierPoutine

Post by CloutierPoutine »

Dom & Duffy - Good at lacrosse. I know Wagner is not a powerhouse but those two continue to improve and impress.
CloutierPoutine

Sportin' Life wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 12:19 pm Speaking of the 2025 recruiting class, A/M Brock Geraci, 73 points as a soph at Governor's Academy in the ISL, has flipped to the Heels from the Hoyas.

UNC putting together quite the class sheesh.
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

CloutierPoutine wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:28 pm
Sportin' Life wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 12:19 pm Speaking of the 2025 recruiting class, A/M Brock Geraci, 73 points as a soph at Governor's Academy in the ISL, has flipped to the Heels from the Hoyas.

UNC putting together quite the class sheesh.
Woah..no way they all stick. With what some of these other schools will be loosing the next 2 years, all these guys will be poached hard. UNC has to have success to keep them all
CloutierPoutine

Extra man still needs some work. Lacking an active crease player/finisher. Would love for Egan to turn into that but his development has really stunted. Maybe Levy? Matan?
Finster

Post by Finster »

CloutierPoutine wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:26 pm Dom & Duffy - Good at lacrosse. I know Wagner is not a powerhouse but those two continue to improve and impress.

Wagner might not be a lacrosse power, but their hoops team was the first to qualify for the NCAA basketball tournament. 🏆
10 10 2

Post by 10 10 2 »

CloutierPoutine wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:49 pm Extra man still needs some work. Lacking an active crease player/finisher. Would love for Egan to turn into that but his development has really stunted. Maybe Levy? Matan?
Keep an eye out for #37 Matt Wrede. I suspect his stock is rising after 4 goals in 3 games and earning a start against Hofstra. Not a pure crease attackman but can fill that niche.

A key for this year has always been for that Junior class to remain consistent and not disappear from the stat sheet for large swathes of the season.
At least a couple guys between Egan, Demarco, Schwarz, and Levy need to doing more imo.
GaitsRightHand

Post by GaitsRightHand »

10 10 2 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:35 pm
CloutierPoutine wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:49 pm Extra man still needs some work. Lacking an active crease player/finisher. Would love for Egan to turn into that but his development has really stunted. Maybe Levy? Matan?
Keep an eye out for #37 Matt Wrede. I suspect his stock is rising after 4 goals in 3 games and earning a start against Hofstra. Not a pure crease attackman but can fill that niche.

A key for this year has always been for that Junior class to remain consistent and not disappear from the stat sheet for large swathes of the season.
At least a couple guys between Egan, Demarco, Schwarz, and Levy need to doing more imo.
It worries me that Egan has less points than Wambach. He scored 4 goals in the first 3 games. Hasn't scored again since. 7 games deep, it'd be nice if the top 3 middies were in double digits points.

Duffy has 33 points. McGovern has 32 points. Petro has 27 points. Matan has 12. Then next up is Levy with 7 and Schwarz/Demarco both with 6. Tillman has 5 points, and so does Freshman Fogo Wambach. We need more midfield production.
Laxitup21

Post by Laxitup21 »

Is Matan or Petro running at attack?
GaitsRightHand

Post by GaitsRightHand »

Laxitup21 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:15 pm Is Matan or Petro running at attack?
A little bit of both. Matan usually starts, but then him and Petro will flip flop, back and forth.
Lax4love

Post by Lax4love »

Duffy, Petro and Matan are the future, whether it is this season or next it will be fun to watch these guys for the next 2.5 years. Egan and Demarco have shown at times that they can be very effective, and both are great athletes so hopefully they figure things out this season. It would be great if other mids like Levy, Preis, Whaling and maybe Wrede start producing too.

Things seem to setting up nicely with the schedule as UNC will get a shot at #1 Army in 2 weeks. This could be a defining game for the season and potentially propel the young UNC team into the crucible of ACC play on a high note.

Defense continues to play at a very high level with Barton and the 4 D-mids leading the way. Hopefully the defense continues to keep them in games while the young offense continues on an upward trajectory.
10 10 2

Post by 10 10 2 »

GaitsRightHand wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:37 pm
A little bit of both. Matan usually starts, but then him and Petro will flip flop, back and forth.
I think this was true until the Princeton Penn weekend. Since then Petro has been the starter at attack and Matan is on man-up and a midfield line with Schwarz and Demarco. The other midfield line is Tillman, Levy, Egan. The lineup has been a pretty fluid situation though. Things could be different in a week or two.
CloutierPoutine

10 10 2 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:39 pm
I think this was true until the Princeton Penn weekend. Since then Petro has been the starter at attack and Matan is on man-up and a midfield line with Schwarz and Demarco. The other midfield line is Tillman, Levy, Egan. The lineup has been a pretty fluid situation though. Things could be different in a week or two.
Do not think you will see Dom at midfield again. He has been too good at attack and Matan has adapted well. If DeMarco continues to find his confidence and return to 100% the offense is dangerous. Bright times ahead!
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Stony Brook - UNC is the (free stream) Lacrosse TV game of the week, https://streamstak.com/lacrossetv/
GaitsRightHand

Post by GaitsRightHand »

10 10 2 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:39 pm
This is true. I just wouldn’t count either out of the midfield/attack rotation just yet. Don’t forget, Matt Wrede also started in this “gauntlet” stretch. I think we can expect more flip flopping vs teams with stronger dmids/lsm’s than Hofstra, Wagner, and Stony Brook. Need production from the midfield to beat top teams, especially when the attack will be going against elite defenses in ACC play. ACC defenders are giants, Matan’s size and physical dodging may end up helping them there, like it did at the end of last season. While Dom’s speed and outside shot may help vs Elite lsm’s/dmids.

Trust me guys, I want Dom at attack full time. But, we also need play makers from the midfield. Especially goal scorers.
CloutierPoutine

Anyone watch the game and have take aways?
thegman

Post by thegman »

CloutierPoutine wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:56 pm Anyone watch the game and have take aways?
I did, and will qualify my comments with I was laid up with the stomach flu (not recommended) so don't take this for much insight.

Duffy is clearly fearless (borderline reckless) going to goal. I'm giving him a lot of rope though as we need that Alpha mentality somewhere at A. Before long he'll be labeled a "volume" shooter but I don't care and I don't think coaches do either. His misses this year have been a large % of pipes and/or a half-step away from getting clear to top-side and/or free hands. That will come, he's too talented not to adapt and in most every game he's drawn the #1 pole. McGovern is the calm steady hand and Petro the finisher. I like Matan getting run vs bigger bodied poles but trust coaches know better when/if he's at A. Levy is doing far better this season than my perception of a "coach's kid" getting time as a courtesy.

Mid seems to still be a work in progress. I'm praying Tillman gets his shooting % up because he's dangerous (and a GREAT kid). He's the quickest we have at the position and able to beat most any SSDM off the dodge with his 1st step. His UNC resume indicates he can score when he's locked in. He had 1 solid finish running through 3-4 guys but missed a step-down. I'm getting more impressed with Wrede as his run time increases. He had a nice BTB finish and whatever he's doing in practice indicates he's earning the extra time. Hoping that DeMarco can ramp up his production soon. He's too talented to be a role player. And my final thought is English needs some run on offense. He's got the talent, frame, motor and nose for the goal that would help IMHO. Matan/Egan need more fire coming out of the box. Maybe someone needs to remind them both of their size and ability to muscle their way to draw and dump or get a step to the goal.

D is better than I thought it would be, Barton in particular. I'm waiting for Thomann to get to his HS YouTube highlights form but again giving him time being thrown into the fire as a Fresh.

FO is clearly a strong suit. Wambach and Tyeryar are a potent 1-2 punch.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”