NAIA 2023 Rumors

NAIA Mens Lacrosse
MartineMooncakes

NAIA 2023 Rumors

Post by MartineMooncakes »

With the news of colleges being bought out, low enrollment, etc etc, I’m curious to see if anyone has any rumors on colleges adding lacrosse (or even previous schools attempting a comeback and adding it again), programs possibly dropping lacrosse, closing the school down, or even being bought out like Cabrini and Villanova.
Lastly, while not necessarily a rumor, I am curious to know if any Alums/fans of any programs who having fallen on hard times see a brighter future ahead or kinda accept where their program stands?
Laxislifeforsome

Re: NAIA 2023 Rumors

Post by Laxislifeforsome »

Rumour has it Keiser goalie is not returning??????
DQKing

Post by DQKing »

Laxislifeforsome wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 10:13 pm Rumour has it Keiser goalie is not returning??????
Source?
Laxislifeforsome

From a few of his teammates.
Yeti_33

Post by Yeti_33 »

Looks like he's at Belmont Abbey (NCAA D2) now

https://opendorse.com/profile/christian-tomei
laxtea69

Post by laxtea69 »

Yeti_33 wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 4:55 pm Looks like he's at Belmont Abbey (NCAA D2) now

Second year in a row that Keiser has a 1st class goalie, then he leaves for a D2 school. Two years ago was Cole George who went to Post and now Tomei to Belmont Abbey.
Yeti_33

Post by Yeti_33 »

laxtea69 wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 12:09 pm
Yeti_33 wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 4:55 pm Looks like he's at Belmont Abbey (NCAA D2) now

Second year in a row that Keiser has a 1st class goalie, then he leaves for a D2 school. Two years ago was Cole George who went to Post and now Tomei to Belmont Abbey.
You wonder if that's something that Keiser is open about during the recruiting process? Maybe they're treating it like a southern JUCO school knowing you'll get better level recruits for 2 years before they transfer out. Westcliff does this at least "Westcliff offers an opportunity for transfers to play a year and develop, improve their grades, get college credits and transfer to a Division 1 program."
laxtea69

Post by laxtea69 »

Yeti_33 wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 12:37 pm

You wonder if that's something that Keiser is open about during the recruiting process? Maybe they're treating it like a southern JUCO school knowing you'll get better level recruits for 2 years before they transfer out. Westcliff does this at least "Westcliff offers an opportunity for transfers to play a year and develop, improve their grades, get college credits and transfer to a Division 1 program."
Could be! I know Tomei has publicly spoke out about how he struggled with his grades and academics, so maybe heading to Keiser is how he knew he could go back to the NCAA levels. I don't like the idea of the NAIA being like a JUCO system, but if it gets some better talent here... it's up to coaches to get them to stick around.
DQKing

Post by DQKing »

laxtea69 wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 9:07 am
Yeti_33 wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 12:37 pm

Could be! I know Tomei has publicly spoke out about how he struggled with his grades and academics, so maybe heading to Keiser is how he knew he could go back to the NCAA levels. I don't like the idea of the NAIA being like a JUCO system, but if it gets some better talent here... it's up to coaches to get them to stick around.
Just my take but any program that actively recruits kids by using a "play here for a while until you get a 'better' opportunity" is not the place you want to send your kid. I get an individual here and there could be an option but doing it as a way to run your program?
Chose a school you'd go to if lacrosse wasn't an option.
Laxislifeforsome

Another one. Chase Jackson not returning to Webber due to being criminally charged in the off season? Shame if it’s true.
laxtea69

Post by laxtea69 »

Laxislifeforsome wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 10:55 pm Another one. Chase Jackson not returning to Webber due to being criminally charged in the off season? Shame if it’s true.
I need more on this! Losing him would be a huge loss for the Warriors...

Return to “NAIA MENS LACROSSE”