CHC vs Garden City ????

HS Boys Lacrosse
wahoomurf

CHC vs Garden City ????

Post by wahoomurf »

ESPN DEPORTES is scheduled to broadcast a game tonight between CHC and Garden City.HUH? More of Booker's legerdemain?
JoeMauer89

Re: CHC vs Garden City ????

Post by JoeMauer89 »

wahoomurf wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 3:54 pm ESPN DEPORTES is scheduled to broadcast a game tonight between CHC and Garden City.HUH? More of Booker's legerdemain?
Murf,

Where did you see that? Doesn't show up when I look at upcoming events on ESPN Deportes. I think your eyes deceived you. Thanks!

Joe
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 4:10 pm
wahoomurf wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 3:54 pm ESPN DEPORTES is scheduled to broadcast a game tonight between CHC and Garden City.HUH? More of Booker's legerdemain?
Murf,

Where did you see that? Doesn't show up when I look at upcoming events on ESPN Deportes. I think your eyes deceived you. Thanks!

Joe
The game ended a few a few minutes ago.I plan on watching the entire game tomorrow.I have Cablevision/Altice.Entered "LACROSSE'" in the search area and recorded 3 HS games.

I hope Shriver is the announcer.IMHO,he knows more about this grand sport than any extant human.And I love his BAWLMER accent.
LI13

Post by LI13 »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 4:10 pm
Murf,

Joe
If Garden City played in such a game it would have some questions to answer from NYSPHSAA.
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

It was part of Geico NHSLS
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

6-3 Calvert Hall. Not sure how this was arranged but it now shows a bracket for tomorrow with 8 teams (seems pool
play finished today, can’t find all who were in it) Calvert Hall, Boys Latin, McDonogh, Seton Hall Prep, Malvern Prep, Taft, Loomis and Culver
Last edited by pcowlax on Thu Jun 29, 2023 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

This is second session, looks like Chaminade one the first one last week, beating LaSalle in the finals. Info tough to piece together
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

Looks like first session had Deerfield, Lake Mary (FL), Highland Park, LaSalle, Lambert (GA), Flyers, Episcopal School Dallas, Haverford (there were more, those are the ones that made the playoff bracket). Second session definitely looks more heavyweight but a great event with both groups. Looks like several games on ESPNU tomorrow.
noonan5

Post by noonan5 »

It’s the NHSLS as mentioned before. Been played for a few years now. One of best tournaments of the summer b/c it features many of the top non-graduated HS teams, both public and private. Semifinals and finals tomorrow on ESPNU starting at noon.
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

Ahha. Now I’ve got all of the scores for today. 43 teams! Awesome list, would have looooved to have been able to go to this (or play in it back in the day).
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

Garden City lost to CH 6-3, lost to Radnor (PA) 6-5, beat Hingham (MA) 8-5. They play Choate and Canadaigua in consolation games tomorrow.
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

pcowlax wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 10:24 pm 6-3 Calvert Hall. Not sure how this was arranged but it now shows a bracket for tomorrow with 8 teams (seems pool
play finished today, can’t find all who were in it) Calvert Hall, Boys Latin, McDonogh, Seton Hall Prep, Malvern Prep, Taft, Loomis and Culver
Culver 10- Malvern 4
BL 12- Loomis 7
Taft 9- Calvert Hall 5
McDonogh 12- Seton Hall Prep 6

In consolation, GC 10-3 over Canadaigua and lost 8-5 to Choate
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

I hope the smoke hasn't been too bad.

Fun to hear of these contests.
In our experience, coaches get a chance to see some of their younger kids get on the field together...not so important for any other purpose than getting a chance to work with youngsters they may not have had much time for before or coming up from JV.

Some take it a mite more seriously, kids obviously care because they're competitive animals, but it's not the priority for most coaches other than to test their kids against others, both with skills and athleticism and for how they interact with each other, their demeanor, how they handle getting knocked around, etc. Insights.
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

Good day for the MIAA:
BL 10- Culver 7
McD 9- Taft 8
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

McD takes it, 8-5

Return to “HS BOYS LACROSSE”