York 2024

D3 Mens Lacrosse
DeepPocket

Re: York 2024

Post by DeepPocket »

DeepPocket wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:58 am

Give me 15-8 York.
15-9 with 2 minutes left before 2 garbage time goals for a 15-11 final. Good job me.
MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
Jumbo

Post by Jumbo »

team seems to be gelling at the right time. took a while for the coaches to figure out who was going to be where, but they have used the same lineup for a few games in a row. still trying to figure out the second mid line. this keeps changing.
looking forward to this weeks game vs Stevenson. teams look similar on paper. but when you break it down by groups, York looks to have the edge

York has the edge at Fogo

i like a york on defense over Stevenson offense

i like york on offense vs stevenson defense

transition game could be the question.
Dehuntshigwa’es

Post by Dehuntshigwa’es »

Like York in the win having seen W&L play both teams. York has a better D, O and fogo. No opinion on goal play. York should take charge of the game at the dot, good luck
Asgot

Post by Asgot »

I feel like this team is trending in the wrong direction and their lack of consistency on offense and extended time on defense will spell doom on Wednesday night as I see these two teams going in different directions.
Laxattackjack

Post by Laxattackjack »

Asgot wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:38 pm I feel like this team is trending in the wrong direction and their lack of consistency on offense and extended time on defense will spell doom on Wednesday night as I see these two teams going in different directions.
Asgot has jumped ship.
TopCheddar

Post by TopCheddar »

The transition game and momentum will decide the winner. LSM ripping a shot from deep, attackmen on the ride going all out, and the team morale is all examples. York cannot have the dry, flat-footed performance like the other ranked games. I am expecting this game to be close since it has been quite the rivalry. York needs to play confidently and keep shooting good shots against the Stevenson defense.

I will get very specific and go York 16-14. 15-14 but the last goal happens from a 10-man ride with 20 seconds left.
TheRaven

Post by TheRaven »

Can Stevensons uniforms be any uglier? Looking like a bunch of wet boogers #DeepPocketAnalysis
StevieUAlum

Post by StevieUAlum »

TheRaven wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:54 pm Can Stevensons uniforms be any uglier? Looking like a bunch of wet boogers #DeepPocketAnalysis
Bunch of bad juju in those unis :shock:

Doesn't look too promising from that start....
MacAttack

Post by MacAttack »

Actual video of Stevenson's bus ride home...
Last edited by MacAttack on Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:04 am, edited 4 times in total.
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

TheRaven wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:54 pm Can Stevensons uniforms be any uglier? Looking like a bunch of wet boogers #DeepPocketAnalysis
Welcome back bud
MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
YCOLaxFanSU

Post by YCOLaxFanSU »

Thought the game would be close or maybe even a Stevenson win. Happy to be wrong. I drove over to catch the game in person. York dominated at the dot and the offense looked incredible. On the other side I'm surprised at how unprepared Stevenson looked.
Backlax

Post by Backlax »

Mea Culpa - thought Stevie would pull this one out. York put it together - Cantabena out coached and outplayed.
Solid YCP dub. Congrats!
Asgot

Post by Asgot »

Happy to see York offense explode, happy to be wrong about this one. Felt Bad for Stevenson goalie getting g left out to dry there for the whole game.
laxrules

Post by laxrules »

I too was wrong. Domination for York. Stevenson can’t figure out sparty!
StevieUAlum

Post by StevieUAlum »

Asgot wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:19 pm Happy to see York offense explode, happy to be wrong about this one. Felt Bad for Stevenson goalie getting g left out to dry there for the whole game.
Boy was I completely wrong 😑

Kudos to the Spartans. Don't think a second matchup will do Stevenson any favors. Back to the drawing board for the boys for another year, 12 goals won't be made up in 2-3 weeks time if/when they play again.
Last edited by StevieUAlum on Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
MVPiccoli

Post by MVPiccoli »

Never really liked the Stang colors/kits either. Though, those neon green jawns they had for a while were cool. When they go all white I think it looks okay too.

What a performance!
Laxattackjack

Post by Laxattackjack »

couple of thoughts from last night.

york offense sticking with the same three at attack for the last few games and each week we see better results. 2,28,44 combined for 9 goals and 6 assists. if this continues, York will make some noise in May

did stevenson intentionally throw last nights game, hoping to catch York off guard in the MAC championship ( the game that really matters)

does stevenson coach think his temper tantrums on the sidelines are helping his team?
Dehuntshigwa’es

Post by Dehuntshigwa’es »

Best 7-7 team in the country. Taken awhile but this is the team I had imagined from the beginning of the year. Total control from the first whistle. I don’t think there’d be any difference in a rematch. If they make the tournament I would not want to play York
YCOLaxFanSU

Post by YCOLaxFanSU »

did stevenson intentionally throw last nights game, hoping to catch York off guard in the MAC championship ( the game that really matters)
Probably not. I'm sure they would have preferred to play the MAC Championship in their own stadium. But, wow did they not look ready to go.There didn't seem to be much of a plan but as I think of it, that is how Stevenson has always rolled. Through a bunch of good players out onto the field, get the ball on offense, and whip the ball at the goal 50-60 times and it will go in at least 15. That worked very well 10-15 years ago.
I don’t think there’d be any difference in a rematch.
I would agree but as a Salisbury fan I can't forget about 2016. Regular season game at York, Gulls 17-5. CAC Championship at Salisbury York 10-9. So it's possible. I'm sure York will stay sharp.
Asgot

Post by Asgot »

Laxattackjack wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:29 pm couple of thoughts from last night.

york offense sticking with the same three at attack for the last few games and each week we see better results. 2,28,44 combined for 9 goals and 6 assists. if this continues, York will make some noise in May

does stevenson coach think his temper tantrums on the sidelines are helping his team?
I don't know if "throw" is the right word but maybe just play very vanilla and not show York anything new prior to the MAC finals and then show the new wrinkles in the finals. Both coaches have to know that their only way in is to win the MAC and Maybe York showed their hand while Stevenson kept it closer to the vest. That would be some 3-D chess if it were the case.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”