Brown 2024

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Laxnation

Re: Brown 2024

Post by Laxnation »

bearlaxfan wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:53 pm Thinking Maryland D not going to have any sleepless nights this week.

:D
I'm was very impressed with of the Bears defense however the offense was completely dead today. If they had even a small heart beat, it could have been a competitive game. Zero good looks for the midfield and the attack is terrible. The lack of ball movement is alarming! Could someone please explain what type of offense they are running because it looks like a complete mess to me.
Brownlax

Post by Brownlax »

When was the last time we started the season 0-4. We have no offensive production.
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

bearlaxfan wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:25 am Hey maybe Saturday will be a trap/hangover game for the Hoyas! 8-)
It was, and it didn't matter.
Brownlax

Post by Brownlax »

The stats after an 0-4 start really tell the story:

Shooting %- .212
Out grounballed 135-104
Turnovers - 73
Caused Turnovers: Brown 26, Opponents 46
Penalties: 19 to 12 for opponents

The only Stat we beat opponents is clearing.

Let’s take care of the basics:
Shoot the ball better
Get grittier on GB’s
Take care of the ball
Stay out of the box
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

Laxnation wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:05 pm ... The lack of ball movement is alarming! Could someone please explain what type of offense they are running because it looks like a complete mess to me.
Step 1: initiate from midfield. No hands free. No work-ey.
Step 2: initiate from attack. No hands free. No work-ey.
Step 3: see steps 1, 2.

The first 2 goals of the 2nd half it looked like a functioning offense. The ball wasn't in anyones' stick too long, good cuts to good shooting areas, accurate passes, goals!
Then nothing. I can only assume the Georgetown D came out of the break too relaxed.
BrownDad

Post by BrownDad »

bearlaxfan wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:03 am
Laxnation wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:05 pm ... The lack of ball movement is alarming! Could someone please explain what type of offense they are running because it looks like a complete mess to me.

The first 2 goals of the 2nd half it looked like a functioning offense. The ball wasn't in anyones' stick too long, good cuts to good shooting areas, accurate passes, goals!
Then nothing. I can only assume the Georgetown D came out of the break too relaxed.
The 6v6 offense scored 2 goals and the transition offense scored 3 goals. The offense in total had 19 SOGs of which 3 at least 3 of those were in transition. So the 6v6 offense had 16 SOGs the entire game. That's 4 shots/quarter. Watching the game it just looks like the offense is entirely too predictable. The goals scored at the start of the second half were a result of good off ball movement and the pass came perfectly from X. But at the end of the day we're not getting nearly enough open looks from the wing and that comes from ball movement and players moving without the ball.
Laxnation

Post by Laxnation »

BrownDad wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:58 am
bearlaxfan wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:03 am

The 6v6 offense scored 2 goals and the transition offense scored 3 goals. The offense in total had 19 SOGs of which 3 at least 3 of those were in transition. So the 6v6 offense had 16 SOGs the entire game. That's 4 shots/quarter. Watching the game it just looks like the offense is entirely too predictable. The goals scored at the start of the second half were a result of good off ball movement and the pass came perfectly from X. But at the end of the day we're not getting nearly enough open looks from the wing and that comes from ball movement and players moving without the ball.

You are correct, the Brown offense is one dimensional and is easily defended. The announcer said that according to Daly, all they need to do is execute. Daly is basically saying that the players are to blame for not executing a flawed offense. I'm sure in a perfect world of zero mistakes, the offense would work to a certain degree, but that is unrealistic for any team.
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

Brown announced return to SAT/ACT requirement (suspended during covid IIRC), no change in early admissions, no change in legacy admissions.

Is there a legacy admissions written policy??!! Because: LAWSUIT!🤣😉
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

I’m not sure about that. There are specific laws against racial discrimination, which is why affirmative action admission policies have always had no legal leg to stand on. There are no laws against schools favoring legacies for admission (nor for lax players or thespians or having a compelling personal story). If it’s not illegal, it would seem a school could have any admission criteria they wish, even as a written policy.
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

I'm over-the-air & stream only, no BTN. The way the year is developing, someone talk me into paying to watch Saturday's game.
joewillie78

Post by joewillie78 »

bearlaxfan wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:29 am I'm over-the-air & stream only, no BTN. The way the year is developing, someone talk me into paying to watch Saturday's game.
As a devoted JETS fan who spends every Sunday from the 1st of September to the 1st of January, in complete misery watching yet another debacle, I have little sympathy for any Brown fan who have realized incredible success the past many years, and who I still say will be a tough out in the Ivy League.

So pay the money and continue to support a great program who happen to be struggling a bit this year.

Gobigred
Joewillie78
Can Opener

Post by Can Opener »

joewillie78 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:08 am
bearlaxfan wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:29 am I'm over-the-air & stream only, no BTN. The way the year is developing, someone talk me into paying to watch Saturday's game.
As a devoted JETS fan who spends every Sunday from the 1st of September to the 1st of January, in complete misery watching yet another debacle, I have little sympathy for any Brown fan who have realized incredible success the past many years, and who I still say will be a tough out in the Ivy League.

So pay the money and continue to support a great program who happen to be struggling a bit this year.

Gobigred
Joewillie78

One game. If we played 'em ten times, they might win nine.
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

joewillie78 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:08 am

Gobigred
Joewillie78
I support the guys. Tough to watch if they're not being put in position to maximize their talents. The current program... is on the clock. Word is the new AD is not the soul of patience.

BTW I've been a Patriots fan since they drafted Plunkett & Vataha out of Stanford, so I've been there. And it looks like I'm going back 😭
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

If you don't have B1G+, to subscribe for today's game pick <school>, not <sport>. Min charge for <lacrosse> is $39.99. Min charge for <Maryland> (1 month) is $9.99. It auto-renews.
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

Maryland D started turning up the pressure with 7 min left in 3rd. One goal up, win the last 15 mins!
The Orfling

Post by The Orfling »

Going to overtime! Let's go, Bruno! Extraordinary game no matter the outcome.
The Orfling

Post by The Orfling »

The Orfling wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:02 pm Going to overtime! Let's go, Bruno! Extraordinary game no matter the outcome.
Gallant effort. Brown very close to getting possession on the face-off in OT but couldn't quite corral the ground ball. As hard as it was to lose in OT, hopefully seeing the potential of this team in advance of the Ivy season is somewhat of a silver lining.
joewillie78

Post by joewillie78 »

The Orfling wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:02 pm Going to overtime! Let's go, Bruno! Extraordinary game no matter the outcome.
I told you Brown would be a tough out in the IVY League.

Probably the BEST 0-5 Team ever.

If a team wins its CONFERENCE tournament and have an overall record sub .500, do they still get the automatic bid? Just curious.

Gobigred
Joewillie78
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

To be honest, given the first 4 games, I wasn't sure they'd get 13 shots in this game.
UMd had, what, 3, 4 Phil Esposito goals? (Showing my age...) Rebounds off pipes. Of course, doing something with them is skill, not luck.
Nice play by #38 just before Brown's last timeout to hold on to a pass in the middle while double-teamed. Led to #10's game-tier.
Helluvan effort, here's hoping it's a springboard and not a one-off.
FannOLax

Post by FannOLax »

joewillie78 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:12 pm
I told you Brown would be a tough out in the IVY League.

Probably the BEST 0-5 Team ever.

If a team wins its CONFERENCE tournament and have an overall record sub .500, do they still get the automatic bid? Just curious.

Gobigred
Joewillie78
Yes. Conference tourney gets you in.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”