Brown 2024

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Farfromgeneva

Re: Brown 2024

Post by Farfromgeneva »

bearlaxfan wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 10:42 am I think it's the Cornell thread that said their Ivy league schedule has changed. Opponent order has been the same since about 2007. Interested to see what the new schedule looks like.
we get em after a trip to Denver. Hoping Bart can knock the altitude out of them and tenderize them for you and the rest of the league.
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
Counselor

Post by Counselor »

Like Brown's 2024 14 game schedule .....will be a very strong SOS.....likely to compete against some 5 Top Ten teams ( Md., Georgetown, Cornell, Penn, Princeton)....win one or two of those and run the table otherwise presents well on Selection Sunday.....like starting a home and home series with BU (which graciously gave Brown a game during the Covid season despite it being their Patriot League Tourney week).....continuing the Villanova series is a natural...usual opening game with the Q Bobcats......maintaining the forever UMASS series makes sense....the intra-State games continue....no ACC game this coming season.....early game with Providence (Feb.) this season....last game of the season at Harvard should have Ivy Tournament implications....Dartmouth game moves up two games earlier...late March game at home with Yale and two April games with Cornell and Princeton....Penn game is earlier under the new rotation...a Friday game with UMASS is unusual ....the BU game at home is at 1 PM on a Tuesday.....the home Villanova game on a Monday (3/25/24) backs up Friday's home UMASS game.....only nite game is at home with Bryant on a Tuesday......Brown is recruiting at a Top 15ish level of late and this schedule should only help recruiting as it presents competition commensurate with the talent Brown is attracting (buttressed by Brown's always stellar goalkeeper legacy)........kudos to Coach Daly and crew in attaining a schedule that has it all ( top calibre teams; local rivalries; new blood; traditional competition; and fan interest)......no new Fieldhouse yet to prepare for the spring; but has been approved with construction commencing next summer....roster being maintained at the approximate 50 players level......competition for seeing the field the best its ever been.....mostly 4 *'s committing ( and those 3*'s the coaches contend should be 4*'s)......Navy Seal training was completed early this year in lieu of a February regimen.....Coach Daly continues to profess his extreme fortune in being at a Brown that offers the best opportunities to his players on all counts ( and to his recently enrolled daughter - walked on/ rowed on to the women's crew team).....
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

Dropping Stony Brook loses presence on the Island, but Providence is close enough and Brown has successfully recruited there so much that I don't think it would affect recruiting.
Away at UMd and Georgetown will "show the flag" in an area that they certainly target, but haven't been seen in for a while. Great for RPI & SOS of course. If these are multi-year agreements I'd expect travel to College Park for all the Md games, but think we could see Georgetown in Pvd.
BU is a local natural, and an upgrade over a struggling Holy Cross, which was a regular until a few years ago.
Good schedule!
Counselor

Post by Counselor »

Bearlaxfan - you mean the "Seawolves" decided to end its long-standing Brown series; Brown enjoyed the LI exposure and the trip down every other year and wanted to continue.....have to believe the Seawolves saw the handwriting on the wall ( a "L") on its annual record and decided to abandon the competition....a Brown win, as they say, didn't do much for Brown anyway in the end of season analysis......Boston U substituting for the Seawolves is a better fit regionally, competitively, and SOS-wise (less gas for the bus up Rte. 95 too)..... selfishly, enjoyed the short commute to the game bi-annually, but must accept the Seawolves surprising decision to drop an Ivy team with SB having the outside possibility of gaining some legitimacy for the program with a win......in my opinion, elevating Channy to the head coaching position would provide that greater legitimacy more immediately than awaiting better won-loss records in the tough CAA (should have stayed in the AE to only have to battle Vt. and Albany most years for a league championship and its only avenue into the NCAA tourney)......
baylax72

Post by baylax72 »

Sounds like Lars flipped the 5-star based on Larken Kemp's twitter.
Can Opener

Post by Can Opener »

baylax72 wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 4:40 pm Sounds like Lars flipped the 5-star based on Larken Kemp's twitter.
Maybe Hudson Hausmann, Brunswick '24
Very strong player.
Counselor

Post by Counselor »

If true, we will petition the Trustees of Brown Univ. to rescind LT's diploma (assuming he got one) just as universities throughout the land have rescinded "honorary degrees" awarded to Bill Cosby.....further he will no longer be permitted to participate on any Brown team at the summer Lake Placid laxfest.....further he is to be "shunned" by one and all Brown alums based on his lack of an ounce of allegiance to Brunonia in his selfish greed to stockpile any and all 5 stars who can "read without moving their lips" (the UVa. admissions standard for lax recruits).....grateful and respectful son of Brown, Dom Starsia, will be delegated as the Charlottesville representative of the "Tarnish Tiffany" campaign.....all Brown alums possessing paranormal faculties will be recruited to cast a negative spell on Klockner Stadium for the annual period of Feb 1 - May 15......and....of course.......GO DUKE !!!
Counselor

Post by Counselor »

If true, we will petition the Trustees of Brown Univ. to rescind LT's diploma (assuming he got one) just as universities throughout the land have rescinded "honorary degrees" awarded to Bill Cosby.....further he will no longer be permitted to participate on any Brown team at the summer Lake Placid laxfest.....further he is to be "shunned" by one and all Brown alums based on his lack of an ounce of allegiance to Brunonia in his selfish greed to stockpile any and all 5 stars who can "read without moving their lips" (the UVa. admissions standard for lax recruits).....grateful and respectful son of Brown, Dom Starsia, will be delegated as the Charlottesville representative of the "Tarnish Tiffany" campaign.....all Brown alums possessing paranormal faculties will be recruited to cast a negative spell on Klockner Stadium for the annual period of Feb 1 - May 15......and....of course.......GO DUKE !!!
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

Heh!

Of course it's possible the initiative came from the recruit?

Brown recruits. Virginia culls. Lars is just doing his job: paycheck loyalty. This is the system working as designed. Personally I don't like the design, but it's supposed to benefit the players, right? Give them options to change as their situation changes. Get to the NCAA tourney more than once a decade and this may happen less.
Free market! "Show us where the invisible hand touched you."

UVa, Duke, ND and the like remind me of the old Onion headline: "Yankees insure World Series victory by signing every player in baseball."
blue angels

Re: Brown 20h

Post by blue angels »

bearlaxfan wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:42 am Heh!

Of course it's possible the initiative came from the recruit?

Brown recruits. Virginia culls. Lars is just doing his job: paycheck loyalty. This is the system working as designed. Personally I don't like the design, but it's supposed to benefit the players, right? Give them options to change as their situation changes. Get to the NCAA tourney more than once a decade and this may happen less.
Free market! "Show us where the invisible hand touched you."

UVa, Duke, ND and the like remind me of the old Onion headline: "Yankees insure World Series victory by signing every player in baseball."
Virginia has had some great players like Naso at Duke flipped from them and their fan base doesn't like it, but doesn’t cry about it either. The current system is set up for kids to have maximum flexibility on school choice. Petition the NCAA if you don’t like the current rules because everyone plays by them.
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

"Of course it's possible the initiative came from the recruit?...

This is the system working as designed...

Get to the NCAA tourney more than once a decade and this may happen less."

Hard to see how these= crying about losing a recruit. Not liking the system not because Brown got poached, as they've done their share, but because the system is corrosive. Is locking kids up better? Probably not, but that doesn't mean this has no negs. The other statements, I guess I have to start using //s.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

bearlaxfan wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 11:16 am "Of course it's possible the initiative came from the recruit?...

This is the system working as designed...

Get to the NCAA tourney more than once a decade and this may happen less."

Hard to see how these= crying about losing a recruit. Not liking the system not because Brown got poached, as they've done their share, but because the system is corrosive. Is locking kids up better? Probably not, but that doesn't mean this has no negs. The other statements, I guess I have to start using //s.
believe he's referencing the public facing social media alum. you have a lot of it right. tho personally, this is about the least corrosive thing about the system. and btb, all fanbases have fan(s) that cry about it, uva included.
baylax72

Post by baylax72 »

Yup, it's called fandom. It's interesting though, you would have thought this opportunity was there last year and Brown was chosen for a particular reason (dream school growing up, family ties (think the IL article mentioned cousins on the team)). Maybe Brown's less than stellar season had something to do with it. In any event, sounds like a great player who will be fun to watch in the future.
coda

Post by coda »

baylax72 wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 11:40 am Yup, it's called fandom. It's interesting though, you would have thought this opportunity was there last year and Brown was chosen for a particular reason (dream school growing up, family ties (think the IL article mentioned cousins on the team)). Maybe Brown's less than stellar season had something to do with it. In any event, sounds like a great player who will be fun to watch in the future.
There are normal flips and then there are bad flips. Flip in the spring, that is a shoulder shrug. When you flip right before signing day after being commit for a year, that is a bad flip. Brown has 0 recourse. I get why fans would be pissed about that.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

coda wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 12:14 pm
baylax72 wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 11:40 am Yup, it's called fandom. It's interesting though, you would have thought this opportunity was there last year and Brown was chosen for a particular reason (dream school growing up, family ties (think the IL article mentioned cousins on the team)). Maybe Brown's less than stellar season had something to do with it. In any event, sounds like a great player who will be fun to watch in the future.
There are normal flips and then there are bad flips. Flip in the spring, that is a shoulder shrug. When you flip right before signing day after being commit for a year, that is a bad flip. Brown has 0 recourse. I get why fans would be ticked about that.
you misspelled fan.
according to nyclax on another board, he reopened his committment weeks ago. he's usually pretty informed about this stuff.
maybe he can get all ticked at the high school kid.
coda

Post by coda »

wgdsr wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 1:14 pm
coda wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 12:14 pm
There are normal flips and then there are bad flips. Flip in the spring, that is a shoulder shrug. When you flip right before signing day after being commit for a year, that is a bad flip. Brown has 0 recourse. I get why fans would be ticked about that.
you misspelled fan.
according to nyclax on another board, he reopened his committment weeks ago. he's usually pretty informed about this stuff.
maybe he can get all ticked at the high school kid.
I didnt realize he decommitted weeks ago. I thought it was a late move in the dark. My point is just on the timing of flips. Kids have hte right to make their choices, but the later they flip the more painful it is to a fan base. There is difference between flipping in Feb and late Oct
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Counselor wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 6:55 am If true, we will petition the Trustees of Brown Univ. to rescind LT's diploma (assuming he got one) just as universities throughout the land have rescinded "honorary degrees" awarded to Bill Cosby.....further he will no longer be permitted to participate on any Brown team at the summer Lake Placid laxfest.....further he is to be "shunned" by one and all Brown alums based on his lack of an ounce of allegiance to Brunonia in his selfish greed to stockpile any and all 5 stars who can "read without moving their lips" (the UVa. admissions standard for lax recruits).....grateful and respectful son of Brown, Dom Starsia, will be delegated as the Charlottesville representative of the "Tarnish Tiffany" campaign.....all Brown alums possessing paranormal faculties will be recruited to cast a negative spell on Klockner Stadium for the annual period of Feb 1 - May 15......and....of course.......GO DUKE !!!
How about Jeff Tambroni flipping this kid from us because PSU really didn’t have enough access and needed him. On top of slaughtering us when he coached at our rival Cornell down the road. I mean we could use more adjudicators like you and he’d be posted up on the edge on town on a spike .
See Martin, Malcolm
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:25 pm
Counselor wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 6:55 am If true, we will petition the Trustees of Brown Univ. to rescind LT's diploma (assuming he got one) just as universities throughout the land have rescinded "honorary degrees" awarded to Bill Cosby.....further he will no longer be permitted to participate on any Brown team at the summer Lake Placid laxfest.....further he is to be "shunned" by one and all Brown alums based on his lack of an ounce of allegiance to Brunonia in his selfish greed to stockpile any and all 5 stars who can "read without moving their lips" (the UVa. admissions standard for lax recruits).....grateful and respectful son of Brown, Dom Starsia, will be delegated as the Charlottesville representative of the "Tarnish Tiffany" campaign.....all Brown alums possessing paranormal faculties will be recruited to cast a negative spell on Klockner Stadium for the annual period of Feb 1 - May 15......and....of course.......GO DUKE !!!
How about Jeff Tambroni flipping this kid from us because PSU really didn’t have enough access and needed him. On top of slaughtering us when he coached at our rival Cornell down the road. I mean we could use more adjudicators like you and he’d be posted up on the edge on town on a spike .
This kid

https://gamesheetstats.com/seasons/2962 ... %5D=000000
See Martin, Malcolm
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

Damn active thread for a sub-top-twenty-five team! ;)

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”