Brown 2024

D1 Mens Lacrosse
joewillie78

Re: Brown 2024

Post by joewillie78 »

FannOLax wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:23 pm
joewillie78 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:12 pm
The Orfling wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:02 pm Going to overtime! Let's go, Bruno! Extraordinary game no matter the outcome.
I told you Brown would be a tough out in the IVY League.

Probably the BEST 0-5 Team ever.

If a team wins its CONFERENCE tournament and have an overall record sub .500, do they still get the automatic bid? Just curious.

Gobigred
Joewillie78
Yes. Conference tourney gets you in.
Thanks, has it happened in recent memory?

Gobigred
Joewillie78
Denver14

Post by Denver14 »

bearlaxfan wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:16 pm To be honest, given the first 4 games, I wasn't sure they'd get 13 shots in this game.
UMd had, what, 3, 4 Phil Esposito goals? (Showing my age...) Rebounds off pipes. Of course, doing something with them is skill, not luck.
Nice play by #38 just before Brown's last timeout to hold on to a pass in the middle while double-teamed. Led to #10's game-tier.
Helluvan effort, here's hoping it's a springboard and not a one-off.
Ha! Jesus Saves! Espo Puts in the Rebound.
Counselor

Post by Counselor »

Shame Brown couldn’t find the ball in the game’s last 4 face-offs or its goalie able to find the ball 8 times in lieu of 7…..last time (Final Four) it was an OT loss too……but last time All-Americans dotted Brown’s line-up…….this time no such credentials but instead a finally fed-up 0-4 team showed up ready to upend #7
in its home stadium …..not to be by the thinnest of margins …….season starts at Penn in a week…..same vigor needed ….more saves needed……respect attained…..but can be lost……character cannot be lost - this Brown team needs to prove it has it…..
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

Picking nits: when UMd was running out a fogo who went 1-for-10, maybe give #77 a few breathers to help his 4th quarter endurance. I understand "we need our A game against their talent", and those wins against their backup fogo mattered, but #6 has played ok as a changeup. Or was he dinged up?

Big picture: people who know what they're talking about noted how ND took advantage of Maryland's ssdms, and running #43 as a mid did that. He didn't have a great game but their D was made uncomfortable. Didn't take long 'till they were double poling the mids, using #1 (shite is he good) on Brown's top mids, but also as a rover/monster, switching up whenever able to get him on-ball. Bear attack is anemic.
This team is going to need better than "ok" goaltending to do anything in the league.
Wing play needs to improve.
Wish the rest of the squad played to the level of the ssdms.
Laxnation

Post by Laxnation »

bearlaxfan wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:14 am Picking nits: when UMd was running out a fogo who went 1-for-10, maybe give #77 a few breathers to help his 4th quarter endurance. I understand "we need our A game against their talent", and those wins against their backup fogo mattered, but #6 has played ok as a changeup. Or was he dinged up?

Big picture: people who know what they're talking about noted how ND took advantage of Maryland's ssdms, and running #43 as a mid did that. He didn't have a great game but their D was made uncomfortable. Didn't take long 'till they were double poling the mids, using #1 (shite is he good) on Brown's top mids, but also as a rover/monster, switching up whenever able to get him on-ball. Bear attack is anemic.
This team is going to need better than "ok" goaltending to do anything in the league.
Wing play needs to improve.
Wish the rest of the squad played to the level of the ssdms.
With all the attention defenses give to the Brown midfield, the attack has to play better to make a run in the Ivy league. I hope they figure something out about the attack situation because this team has talent and the defense is playing good. I wouldn't be surprised if the freshman goalie gets more playing time.
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

Keep an eye on where #43 plays. Listed as A/M the staff has def moved him around depending on the oppo strengths. Md's ssdm have been the weakest part of the lineup (#7 team in the country- these things are relative ;) ) so he came out of the box given the strength of Maryland's close D. Earlier in the year IIRC he started at attack sometimes to give Bruno's attack some boost, and Brown's other Omids are a strong point in a not-so-good-yet year.
UP has been very solid at D & goalie. Lavalle looking really good for AA defenseman honors- he's on the Tewey list!

The season starts Saturday!
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

Since (including) 2016 Brown has only 1 regular season loss v Penn. 0-2 in Ivy Tourney.
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

Props Brown hoops, 1st 4 seed to win a game in ILT's history. (7 years I think)
Keep it going today!
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

Yuk. But winnable!
Who took the under?
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

6 down, 8 to go.
middleAgedBear

Post by middleAgedBear »

Watched the recording. Man if I’d seen the score without watching it would’ve made sense. But that game was totally winnable. How many deflected/soaked shots? Homer refs, and I had to mute the announcers. What happened with what would’ve been browns first 3rd goal? Mcclane scored then wolfram went into crease (with assistance) 3-4s later. Son fast forwarded and we saw goal didn’t count but didn’t rewind to find out why.

Browns 2-behind man up sucks. Scrap it. It’s like playing even. Pass it around until time runs out. They used a diff EMo at one point that looked way more effective but went back to the 2 behind.

I think Foley is the guy going forward in G. Also, I like Cave.
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

Keep vid of first half on hand for viewing if you suffer from insomnia.

I know "same sport, different game" but maybe the women's OC could moonlight and get some motion into this offense. //s

Hang our hats on the fact the last two weeks have been against two of the best defenses in D1?
Looking for positives.
Laxnation

Post by Laxnation »

bearlaxfan wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:28 pm Keep vid of first half on hand for viewing if you suffer from insomnia.

I know "same sport, different game" but maybe the women's OC could moonlight and get some motion into this offense. //s

Hang our hats on the fact the last two weeks have been against two of the best defenses in D1?
Looking for positives.
Out of six goals, three of them were in transition or man up, That means only three goals were scored by their set offense. Browns offense is the definition of insanity. They keep running the same predictable Offense and expecting different results. This team is in big trouble and could lose every game unless they make some significant changes to the offense.
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

middleAgedBear wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:26 pm Browns 2-behind man up sucks. Scrap it. It’s like playing even. Pass it around until time runs out. They used a diff EMo at one point that looked way more effective but went back to the 2 behind.

The shooting is so poor this exponentially increases their chances to maintain possession. :roll:
But seriously, yeah, it's like they're saying to the opposition, "nah... it's unsportsmanlike to take advantage of your foul"!?!?

Munro hasn't produced a blogpost in a while. He has usually invited Towers on once the season begins for weekly commentary. Would love to hear their takes. File under "if you can't say something nice..."?
Brownlax

Post by Brownlax »

bearlaxfan wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:37 am
middleAgedBear wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:26 pm Browns 2-behind man up sucks. Scrap it. It’s like playing even. Pass it around until time runs out. They used a diff EMo at one point that looked way more effective but went back to the 2 behind.

The shooting is so poor this exponentially increases their chances to maintain possession. :roll:
But seriously, yeah, it's like they're saying to the opposition, "nah... it's unsportsmanlike to take advantage of your foul"!?!?

Munro hasn't produced a blogpost in a while. He has usually invited Towers on once the season begins for weekly commentary. Would love to hear their takes. File under "if you can't say something nice..."?
Current shooting percentage for the season is .224

Forget the practice plan - time to have a 2 hour shooting clinic with Munro and Towers!!
Laxnation

Post by Laxnation »

Brownlax wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:35 am
bearlaxfan wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:37 am

Current shooting percentage for the season is .224

Forget the practice plan - time to have a 2 hour shooting clinic with Munro and Towers!!
In order to increase the team shooting percentage, the Bears need to get more production from the attack. The few goals the attack scores are either against short sticks, easy transition goals, put back goals, easy crease goals or man up goals. Another reason they have a terrible shooting percentage is that the offense generally doesn't have many quality assisted goals. The offense doesn't get many high percentage looks at the cage because of slow ball movement and the offensive scheme is predictable and easy to defend. Not sure if Daly is an offensive guy but he is ultimately responsible for the lack of production on offense. Plenty of film on how to defend Brown, I don't see things getting better.
middleAgedBear

Post by middleAgedBear »

I’d love to hear Munro and Towers discuss current state of Brown state! I’d pay for the uncensored version.
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

Thought experiment:

Describe Brown's offense if they didn't have the transfers. 🤔 😬
BrownDad

Post by BrownDad »

bearlaxfan wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:10 am Thought experiment:

Describe Brown's offense if they didn't have the transfers. 🤔 😬
Division II-like
GaitsRightHand

Post by GaitsRightHand »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GC7XZlDtld4

#51 Kyle Bilello (2024) is a dog. Awesome pick up for you guys.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”