NTDP tryouts

D1 Womens Lacrosse
LaxDadMax

NTDP tryouts

Post by LaxDadMax »

Question for the group since I know there are several other lax parents on this forum.

My 2 daughters (a 24 commit and a 26) will be trying out for the NTDP (youth national team) next week.

Wanted to see if anyone could share any details on the tryouts. Is it similar to All American / American Select where its 60% stations, 40% scrimmages?

Would appreciate any insight from girls and families who have gone through it.

Thanks a lot
GratefulRed

Re: NTDP tryouts

Post by GratefulRed »

Regional tryout?
GratefulRed

Post by GratefulRed »

Answered my own question.

Pretty standard: stations, small area/cross-field games and full field scrimmage. I remember it being well-run with brisk transitions.

Good luck!
Deacon022

Post by Deacon022 »

Most kids there are good. I would say 80% stations to 20% scrimmage. There are so many kids on a team that they really only get 5 minutes of game time. Probably the best clinic my daughter went to last year. Still political and all about name rec but much less than AS or AA.
Laxfan76

Post by Laxfan76 »

Invitations went out for U16 and U18. While not cheap ($1200), they do cover room/board. Anyone have any insight on the combine from past years? I assume quality of play is pretty good. Where do the girls actually stay? Based on their website, last year it looks like they took 84 for U16 combine and 66 for the U18 combine - to narrow down to 22 for both teams. I'd guess this is because the pool is smaller for U18 as you need to be in high school by the fall which takes out all of the 2023s who are probably eligible from an age perspective.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”