Johns Hopkins 2024

D1 Mens Lacrosse
DocBarrister

Re: Johns Hopkins 2024

Post by DocBarrister »

I was absolutely f*cking p*ssed after the Blue Jays’ victory against Maryland.

Some here were a little too giddy after that win.

No one has ever accused me of being a pessimist. I have often been optimistic to a fault.

But I saw in that Maryland game what we are seeing right now … a Hopkins team with some SERIOUS PROBLEMS, especially on O.

Blue Jays may pull out a win. Even if they do, they should be f*cking p*ssed at themselves.

I think this team has such great potential, but the coaches clearly don’t have a handle on some persistent problems.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
norcalhop

Post by norcalhop »

DocBarrister wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 7:34 pm I was absolutely f*cking p*ssed after the Blue Jays’ victory against Maryland.

Some here were a little too giddy after that win.

No one has ever accused me of being a pessimist. I have often been optimistic to a fault.

But I saw in that Maryland game what we are seeing right now … a Hopkins team with some SERIOUS PROBLEMS, especially on O.

Blue Jays may pull out a win. Even if they do, they should be f*cking p*ssed at themselves.

I think this team has such great potential, but the coaches clearly don’t have a handle on some persistent problems.

DocBarrister
I mentioned the same. Absolute turd show on offense
steel_hop

Post by steel_hop »

In about 4 minutes, it is empty the bench for 2 reasons.

Don't get anyone hurt and sending a message.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

WHY is Collison passing the ball with a SSDM guarding him, only to have Bauer or Angelus dodge against a f*cking longstick?!?!

How does that even make f*cking sense?

It’s now obvious that isn’t a Collison choice, that’s a Crawley choice.

It’s absolutely moronic.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

DocBarrister wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 7:46 pm WHY is Collison passing the ball with a SSDM guarding him, only to have Bauer or Angelus dodge against a f*cking longstick?!?!

It’s absolutely moronic.

DocBarrister
That was obvious a very long time ago chief
Big Dog

Post by Big Dog »

More turnovers than Shots on Goal....
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Seeing why it's not ideal to have an NCAA home game locked up and have to play a team fighting for their lives with seniors thinking it could be their last game. Michigan wanted and needed this one more
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

HopFan16 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 7:52 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 7:46 pm WHY is Collison passing the ball with a SSDM guarding him, only to have Bauer or Angelus dodge against a f*cking longstick?!?!

It’s absolutely moronic.

DocBarrister
Vacuous, pompous response, Tonto.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
Big Dog

Post by Big Dog »

jhu06 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 7:11 pm they're doing very well on faceoffs, the 6 v 6 which has been a strength on both ends was absolutely awful. Dixon said the Hopkins strategy was to ssdm boehm. that doesn't appear to be working.

they're potentially playing 2 games in 3 days and 3 in 10-11 days against postseason teams, guys like arteaga and martin the younger are going to get run. they need to be better and the rest of the club has to step up.

ayers needed to hit that goal off the kilrain transition pass. Dixon mentioned he's again replaced melendez at attack despite 31's goal.
not to worry, as we phone this one in, and get the weekend off
steel_hop

Post by steel_hop »

Seriously. Crawled needs to be questioned. The complete disappearance of the offense over the last.month really needs to raise the issue of his competence.

The offense has looked lost foe a month and there has been no adjustments were made.

1 goal over the last 40 minutes of game time is a complete embarrassment.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

DocBarrister wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 7:54 pm

It’s absolutely moronic.

DocBarrister

DocBarrister
People tried to explain this to you but you wouldn't listen
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

I've said the last 2 seasons the offense was prone to basically just going to sleep and that's what happened. Crawlys in game x's and o's also worth a What the heck.

Probably a 4-7 seed getting the ivy/big east team that doesn't get the aq and then a duke/cuse/uva/maryland/penn state.

Callahan and Ierlan showed up tonight at least.
steel_hop

Post by steel_hop »

HopFan16 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 7:53 pm Seeing why it's not ideal to have an NCAA home game locked up and have to play a team fighting for their lives with seniors thinking it could be their last game. Michigan wanted and needed this one more

Good teams that want to win championships win games against inferior opponents. They don't dog it.
steel_hop

Post by steel_hop »

Wow shocked Scott Smith doing something stupid. He's such an even player. One good play for every dumb play he makes.
stupefied

Post by stupefied »

dumb again
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Well at least Denver lost too
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

HopFan16 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 7:56 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 7:54 pm

It’s absolutely moronic.

DocBarrister

DocBarrister
People tried to explain this to you but you wouldn't listen
You actually don’t have an answer, but you just can’t admit it.

Blue Jays need to get more physical and aggressive on O. If Peshko, Grimes, or Collison has a SSDM on them, they need to dodge hard. Get the Michigan D moving. Force the Michigan D to pay more attention to them.

Right now, we’re watching tulip ball … the O that QK derisively called “minimally invasive.”

Why even put the Big Guys out there? The roles they’re playing are better suited to speedy midgets. Tulip (finesse) ball.

This is on Crawley and PM. A complete fail in recognizing a problem.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
Mr3Putt

Post by Mr3Putt »

Are u at the Key Bridge?
nrthcrosslax

Post by nrthcrosslax »

Roll out to a 6-1 lead so let’s get cute and change things up? Has running Melendez out of the box and Ayers to attack produced anything this season?
Defense holding UM to one goal so let’s start doing weird things on defense. What’s up with the ssdm’s playing run around the rosie? I haven’t seen a ssdm running away from the ball in awhile. Bizarre.
Sometimes I think the coaches out coach themselves.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

nrthcrosslax wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 8:09 pm I haven’t seen a ssdm running away from the ball in awhile. Bizarre.
Sometimes I think the coaches out coach themselves.
Do you think that player is taught to inexplicably leave his matchup so he's wide open for an 8 yard hands free step down? That was a player who doesn't play very much making a mental error. Had nothing to do with X's and O's.

Defense was fine. Offense was a disaster and Michigan wanted it more in the middle of the field

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”