The Fourth Estate and Politics

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
dislaxxic

The Fourth Estate and Politics

Post by dislaxxic »

Fox News Host: If Obama Treated Press Like Trump, There’d Be ‘Explosion On The Right’

Occasionally we see a personality at the media arm of the republican party say something that makes a bit of sense.

Not often, but once in a Blue Moon...

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
Bandito

Re: The Fourth Estate and Politics

Post by Bandito »

dislaxxic wrote:Fox News Host: If Obama Treated Press Like Trump, There’d Be ‘Explosion On The Right’

Occasionally we see a personality at the media arm of the republican party say something that makes a bit of sense.

Not often, but once in a Blue Moon...

That would never have happened. The press was Obama's best friend. Over 90 % of the media is negative towards Trump. 90% of it was pro Obama. This is why more and more people don't trust the media and they are failing. CNN ratings suck! Why? Because they are fake news. Trump has done so much more for this country. Obama had 8 years and his only big accomplishment was setting race relations back 50 years.
Farfromgeneva is a sissy soy boy
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Bandito wrote:That would never have happened. The press was Obama's best friend. Over 90 % of the media is negative towards Trump. 90% of it was pro Obama. This is why more and more people don't trust the media and they are failing. CNN ratings suck! Why? Because they are fake news. Trump has done so much more for this country. Obama had 8 years and his only big accomplishment was setting race relations back 50 years.

"Obama had 8 years and his only big accomplishment was setting race relations back 50 years."

"90% of it was pro Obama"

Someone has his head in the sand...

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

dislaxxic wrote:
Bandito wrote:That would never have happened. The press was Obama's best friend. Over 90 % of the media is negative towards Trump. 90% of it was pro Obama. This is why more and more people don't trust the media and they are failing. CNN ratings suck! Why? Because they are fake news. Trump has done so much more for this country. Obama had 8 years and his only big accomplishment was setting race relations back 50 years.

"Obama had 8 years and his only big accomplishment was setting race relations back 50 years."

Bravo!
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

It’s important to understand how Fox News is serving to promote the virulent racism that has long been part of the Murdoch family. Rupert Murdoch’s father, Sir Keith Murdoch, was notoriously a prominent member of the Eugenics Society of Victoria in Australia. Keith Murdoch’s papers published the infamous article, “The Problem of the Unfit,” authored by Professor Richard Berry of the University of Melbourne. Among other policies, Berry advocated a “lethal chamber” for Australian Aborigines and those with low IQs. The racist ideology of the eugenics movement formed some of the foundations of the Nazi Holocaust. Rupert Murdoch has shown nothing but admiration for his overtly racist father.

Is it therefore surprising that Rupert Murdoch’s media empire, including Fox News, would throw its support behind a racist Birther like Donald Trump? Trump first made headlines because of racial discrimination at his rental housing developments. Like Murdoch, Donald Trump’s father was a racist. Fred Trump was infamously a documented KKK member.

In Donald Trump and Rupert Murdoch, we have two scions of two notorious families with lengthy, documented histories of racism. Is it any wonder they support each other and are working to promote racist policies, not just in the United States, but around the world?

Ever wonder what kind of world we would have if it were run by men who were immersed in the ideology of the Ku Klux Klan and Nazi-like eugenics theory? Well, you’re living in it.

DocBarrister :?
@DocBarrister
frmanfan

Post by frmanfan »

Interesting to look back once in a while.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/03/ ... 94920.html
During his first days in the White House, President Barack Obama promised to usher in an era of openness in government, stating that a new commitment to transparency would only serve to “strengthen our democracy.” But now, some seven years later, a new study conducted by the Columbia Journalism Review suggests that relations between the White House and the media have never been so closed off.
A cold beer and a warm woman is all I need to keep me happy. Sometimes a cold beer is enough...
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

frmanfan wrote:Interesting to look back once in a while.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/03/ ... 94920.html
During his first days in the White House, President Barack Obama promised to usher in an era of openness in government, stating that a new commitment to transparency would only serve to “strengthen our democracy.” But now, some seven years later, a new study conducted by the Columbia Journalism Review suggests that relations between the White House and the media have never been so closed off.
Absolutely

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-e ... na-n661941
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

dislaxxic wrote:

Pulled my head out of one dark place only to stick it into another.
Heads Down.jpg
Heads Down.jpg (6.1 KiB) Viewed 4807 times
ChairmanOfTheBoard

Post by ChairmanOfTheBoard »

DocBarrister wrote:It’s important to understand how Fox News is serving to promote the virulent racism that has long been part of the Murdoch family. Rupert Murdoch’s father, Sir Keith Murdoch, was notoriously a prominent member of the Eugenics Society of Victoria in Australia. Keith Murdoch’s papers published the infamous article, “The Problem of the Unfit,” authored by Professor Richard Berry of the University of Melbourne. Among other policies, Berry advocated a “lethal chamber” for Australian Aborigines and those with low IQs. The racist ideology of the eugenics movement formed some of the foundations of the Nazi Holocaust. Rupert Murdoch has shown nothing but admiration for his overtly racist father.

Is it therefore surprising that Rupert Murdoch’s media empire, including Fox News, would throw its support behind a racist Birther like Donald Trump? Trump first made headlines because of racial discrimination at his rental housing developments. Like Murdoch, Donald Trump’s father was a racist. Fred Trump was infamously a documented KKK member.

In Donald Trump and Rupert Murdoch, we have two scions of two notorious families with lengthy, documented histories of racism. Is it any wonder they support each other and are working to promote racist policies, not just in the United States, but around the world?

Ever wonder what kind of world we would have if it were run by men who were immersed in the ideology of the Ku Klux Klan and Nazi-like eugenics theory? Well, you’re living in it.

what if a media outlet, a major one, supported virulent racism, not by looking to the secondary factors (history) but in fact, just plain old hired a racist?

in other words, hypothetically, have you wondered what that world looks like?
There are 29,413,039 corporations in America; but only one Chairman of the Board.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

ChairmanOfTheBoard wrote:
DocBarrister wrote:It’s important to understand how Fox News is serving to promote the virulent racism that has long been part of the Murdoch family. Rupert Murdoch’s father, Sir Keith Murdoch, was notoriously a prominent member of the Eugenics Society of Victoria in Australia. Keith Murdoch’s papers published the infamous article, “The Problem of the Unfit,” authored by Professor Richard Berry of the University of Melbourne. Among other policies, Berry advocated a “lethal chamber” for Australian Aborigines and those with low IQs. The racist ideology of the eugenics movement formed some of the foundations of the Nazi Holocaust. Rupert Murdoch has shown nothing but admiration for his overtly racist father.

what if a media outlet, a major one, supported virulent racism, not by looking to the secondary factors (history) but in fact, just plain old hired a racist?

in other words, hypothetically, have you wondered what that world looks like?
That world looks a lot like Fox News prime time: Carlson, Hannity, and Ingraham. There’s a trio of white supremacists right there, and they’re hardly trying to hide their bigotry and racism anymore.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Speaking of bigotry, Fox News experienced some backlash this Labor Day weekend by trying to shame actor Geoffrey Owens (best known for the Cosby Show) for bagging groceries at Trader Joe’s.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/03/entertai ... index.html

That’s an honest living, but I guess Fox News enjoys shaming African Americans who work for minimum wage.

Meanwhile, Fox News sycophants go out of their way in praising a con man racist and bigot who has never put in an honest day’s work in his life.

DocBarrister :roll:
@DocBarrister
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

It’s Time for the Press to Stop Complaining—And to Start Fighting Back

"Instead of attacking rivals, or assailing critics—going negative,in the parlance of political campaigns—reporters need to showcase and defend our reporting. Every day, we need to do our job, check our facts, strive to be transparent, and say what we’re seeing. That’s what I’ve tried to do here. I’ve seen a nearly 50-year campaign to delegitimize the press, and I’m saying so. For years, I didn’t say a word about this publicly, and at times I even caught myself drawing false equivalencies because I was afraid of being labeled as biased. I know that stating the obvious will draw attacks, but I’ve also learned that the louder critics bark, the more they care about what’s being reported.

I’m not advocating for a more activist press in the political sense, but for a more aggressive one. That means having a lower tolerance for talking points, and a greater willingness to speak plain truths. It means not allowing ourselves to be spun, and not giving guests or sources a platform to spin our readers and viewers, even if that angers them. Access isn’t journalism’s holy grail—facts are. "

thatsmell

Post by thatsmell »

I get that the craziness needs to be covered, but as long as journallists and the talkign heads continue to give Trump's asinine ramblings extra coverage, we'll keep getting more of the same. It's part of how we got here.
I never knew no Godfather. I got my own family, Senator."
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Bob Woodward takes Trump to the woodshed in Fear, so don’t expect that to happen soon.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Trinity wrote:Bob Woodward takes Trump to the woodshed in Fear, so don’t expect that to happen soon.
A few more tidbits from one of the greatest journalists in American history, Bob Woodward:

Trump did a mock Robert Mueller interview with his then-lawyer John Dowd. In the interview, he stumbled, contradicted himself and lied, leading Dowd to inform Mueller that Trump will never submit to one. The day before Dowd resigned, he told Trump, “You are not a good witness. Mr. President, I’m afraid I just can’t help you.”

... Trump said of Attorney General Jeff Sessions: “This guy is mentally retarded. He’s this dumb Southerner. … He couldn’t even be a one-person country lawyer down in Alabama.”

... Senior officials, most notably former chief economic adviser Gary Cohn, have taken to stealing stuff from Trump's desk so that he doesn't see it and can't act upon it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... efdf87f089

DocBarrister 8-)
@DocBarrister
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Hope this fits the thread correctly.

Speculation over fate of missing Dutchman linked to WikiLeaks

I saw this earlier this week and now here is the latest. This could get interesting.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

This is gonna be a helluva story.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Trinity wrote:This is gonna be a helluva story.
Yep. No links to the Trump campaign....how about Mueller not showing his hand.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

It took the prosecutors 40 minutes to tell the court what they were prepared to prove. Manafort stood up and said he did it all.

Return to “POLITICS”