The Fourth Estate and Politics

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
foreverlax

Re: The Fourth Estate and Politics

Post by foreverlax »

kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:19 am And the biggest complaint of McAneney from the left was that she “looked evil” and wears a cross.

JFC indeed.
That wasn't my complaint....lying and hyopciccy are my issue with her.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:04 am You dislike McEnaney more than Sanders or Spicer?

Interesting.

She really must have done her job well!
All three were rather despicable examples of how to pump false narratives far beyond 'spin' and into the realm of crazy. But absolutely representative of the current Republican deterioration into a party of insanity.

Remember, Trump is not what made the party what it is today - he is just the logical next step in a group of people who will do pretty much whatever lying it takes to maintain its grip on power given its minority status instead of evolving to match the actual electorate as a whole.

It is likely to get worse before it gets better.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:04 am You dislike McEnaney more than Sanders or Spicer?

Interesting.

She really must have done her job well!
Cosmo, Cosmo, Cosmo. I loathe McEnany because she did her job so badly.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Quick check of what's being talked about on morning drive-time radio, March 4, 2021

MSNBC

Status of January 6th Insurrection investigation, possible demonstrations in DC today the "True Inauguration Day (Qanon)
Status of COVID-19 "Rescue America" bill in Congress, Minimum wage to be carved out and argued separately,
Texas and Mississippi giving residents their "freedom" back re mask mandates described by Biden as "Neanderthal thinking"

FOX NEWS

Brownsville, Texas: MIgrants tested positive for COVID getting on buses, going across the nations (sic)
No Biden "formal" press conference since elected, Kailey McEnany to weigh in later this morning on Fox and Friends.
Listing of police officers killed in the line of duty with news about some reducing of budgets for "riot gear"

What a world we live in...

Last edited by dislaxxic on Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

:lol: :lol: Pot, meet, kettle.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Huh?

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:21 am :lol: :lol: Pot, meet, kettle.
Laughable. More live Pot meet Anvil. Your Network has been showing non-stop "Dr. Seuss is cancelled" segments. Fox is the white grievance channel. MSNBC may be slanted in terms of editorial policy, but at least it traffics in news.

When not broadcasting Dr. Seuss and "cancel culture" segments, they give Greg Abbott a platform to deflect from his recent weather-related screw ups by blaming "migrants" and "immigrants" for spreading Covid...not long after someone decided to waltz into a Walmart and shoot as many latinos as he could. The GOP is a cancer on the country now. Fox News is its cell-splitter.

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1367477693529395203
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

seacoaster wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:50 am
Laughable. More live Pot meet Anvil. Your Network has been showing non-stop "Dr. Seuss is cancelled" segments. Fox is the white grievance channel. MSNBC may be slanted in terms of editorial policy, but at least it traffics in news.
I do not watch cable news very often, and when I do it’s usually MSNBC or CNN just to learn what Is NOT really going on but what they want your types to absorb 😉. I do occasionally listen to The Five, my dang wife likes listening to them, but that is often my queue to start dinner, prep the outdoor fire, or go exercise.

There is one thing I’ve noticed about you over the years seacoaster, you really are an all around good guy.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:04 pm
I do not watch cable news very often, and when I do it’s usually MSNBC or CNN just to learn what Is NOT really going on but what they want your types to absorb 😉. I do occasionally listen to The Five, my dang wife likes listening to them, but that is often my queue to start dinner, prep the outdoor fire, or go exercise.

There is one thing I’ve noticed about you over the years seacoaster, you really are an all around good guy.
I agree with you. Coaster really is an all around good guy. He has persuaded me to the dark side more times than I would ever admit. My saving grace is I often fall asleep before I can finish reading one of his posts. That is not because they are boring. It is because they never seem to have an ending.

One word of unsolicited advice to you coaster... Brevity, if you can say what you want in one paragraph then go for it.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:29 pm

I agree with you. Coaster really is an all around good guy. He has persuaded me to the dark side more times than I would ever admit. My saving grace is I often fall asleep before I can finish reading one of his posts. That is not because they are boring. It is because they never seem to have an ending.

One word of unsolicited advice to you coaster... Brevity, if you can say what you want in one paragraph then go for it.
C&S: Brevity? Power point. Pass/Fail. Trophies for everyone. No sir. You gotta work for it man.

YA: Love you man; you just drive me f*cking crazy.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

seacoaster wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:51 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:29 pm

C&S: Brevity? Power point. Pass/Fail. Trophies for everyone. No sir. You gotta work for it man.

YA: Love you man; you just drive me f*cking crazy.
Sorry Coaster, I'm so close to being retired. I ain't gotta work for nothing anymore. All I ask is you work your ass to the bone to give me what I'm entitled to. I'm starting to adapt pretty well to this FLP line of horsechit.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

When not broadcasting Dr. Seuss and "cancel culture" segments, they give Greg Abbott a platform to deflect from his recent weather-related screw ups by blaming "migrants" and "immigrants" for spreading Covid...not long after someone decided to waltz into a Walmart and shoot as many latinos as he could. The GOP is a cancer on the country now. Fox News is its cell-splitter.

Fox News is no longer the #1 cable news network. 2 months in a row both CNN and MSNBC have passed them.

goto for story
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:17 pm

Fox News is no longer the #1 cable news network. 2 months in a row both CNN and MSNBC have passed them.

goto for story
What does that have to do with the price of tea in China?
~Livy
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:28 pm

goto for story
... you're a smart guy, if the trend continues, lets see if you can figure it out.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Morning drive-time Sirius-XM radio focus...Friday March 5, 2021

MSNBC

Why Fox News is focused on Dr. Suess instead of the Covid Relief Bill
J&J - Merck collaboration agreement a success for effective progressive government
Cruz, Cotton & Johnson keep comparing Black Lives Matter protests to the Capitol Riot

Fox News

GOP defends Neanderthals, the "real hunter-gatherers"
Why SHOULDN'T Gov DeSantis give vaccines to his donors??
Scalise: "Every Single American Should be Outraged by H.R. 1"

Whoo Boy... :roll:

cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

dislaxxic wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:19 am Morning drive-time Sirius-XM radio focus...Friday March 5, 2021

MSNBC

Why Fox News is focused on Dr. Suess instead of the Covid Relief Bill
J&J - Merck collaboration agreement a success for effective progressive government
Cruz, Cotton & Johnson keep comparing Black Lives Matter protests to the Capitol Riot

Fox News

GOP defends Neanderthals, the "real hunter-gatherers"
Why SHOULDN'T Gov DeSantis give vaccines to his donors??
Scalise: "Every Single American Should be Outraged by H.R. 1"

Whoo Boy... :roll:

Hey Dis, my daffodils are starting to come up out front. No matter what happens in politics, spring will soon have sprung.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:50 pm
youthathletics wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:28 pm

goto for story
... you're a smart guy, if the trend continues, lets see if you can figure it out.
What that means is more people like me are getting rid of cable and cutting the cord from the 24 hour cable news nitwits. I only have 3 options of media brainwashing disguised as the news.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:59 amHey Dis, my daffodils are starting to come up out front. No matter what happens in politics, spring will soon have sprung.
Yeah, daffodils this time of year (in Rochester) are a lot like Trumpublicans...they take their little heads outta (their rump) the ground thinking everything is safe and sound and end up looking like the Wicked Witch of the West, all shriveled and twisted...when their lunatic fringe ideas of how to govern get laughed out of the room...!

The gardens at our new house are gonna look like a jungle this spring...Mrs. Dis couldn't pass a plant sale last year without filling up the trunk, so i may have to finally (mostly) retire from reffing to keep up with the gardens.

cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

dislaxxic wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:10 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:59 amHey Dis, my daffodils are starting to come up out front. No matter what happens in politics, spring will soon have sprung.[/q byuote]

Yeah, daffodils this time of year (in Rochester) are a lot like Trumpublicans...they take their little heads outta (their rump) the ground thinking everything is safe and sound and end up looking like the Wicked Witch of the West, all shriveled and twisted...when their lunatic fringe ideas of how to govern get laughed out of the room...!

The gardens at our new house are gonna look like a jungle this spring...Mrs. Dis couldn't pass a plant sale last year without filling up the trunk, so i may have to finally (mostly) retire from reffing to keep up with the gardens.

Mr Dis. I humbly bow to your infinite wisdom this one time. My baby daffodils now sprouting up could resemble your narrow minded interptation of what Republicans believe.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Return to “POLITICS”