NCAA Tournament Results

D2 Mens Lacrosse
GaitsRightHand

NCAA Tournament Results

Post by GaitsRightHand »

Mercy, Last year's runners-up just lost to St. A's. 17-16

Still have Tampa Vs LR, Wingate vs Uindy, and Bentley vs Adelphi tonight. Let's see how it plays out.
Last edited by GaitsRightHand on Sun May 14, 2023 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GaitsRightHand

Re: NCAA Tournament Results

Post by GaitsRightHand »

Uindy beat Wingate 11-10
LR beat Tampa 10-9
Adelphi beat Bentley 9-8

Next up we got-
North:
##6 St. A's vs #2 Mercyhurst
#5 Adelphi vs #1 Le Moyne

South:
#5 LR vs #1 Rollins
#6 UIndy vs #2 Limestone
Last edited by GaitsRightHand on Sun May 14, 2023 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GaitsRightHand

Post by GaitsRightHand »

North:
#2 Mercyhurst beat #6 St. A's 10-9
#1 Le Moyne beat #5 Adelphi 11-7

South:
#5 LR beat #1 Rollins 14-8
#2 Limestone beat #6 UIndy 11-10

Next up we got-
North:
#2 Mercyhurst vs #1 Le Moyne

South:
#5 Lenoir Rhyne vs #2 Limestone
Played twice this season. LR won first match-up 18-17. Limestone won the second game 14-8, in the SAC Semi's.
BirdsEyeView

Post by BirdsEyeView »

Saw the Limestone/Indy clash in person…it was an absolute war! Very physical!! Glad the Saints have a week to recover and get ready to host L-R!
Back in March and even early to mid-April to be honest I never thought Limestone would make the tourney, let alone be a 2 seed and ow host a national semi…Go Saints !!!
BirdsEyeView

Post by BirdsEyeView »

Saw the Limestone/Indy clash in person…it was an absolute war! Very physical!! Glad the Saints have a week to recover and get ready to host L-R!
Back in March and even early to mid-April to be honest I never thought Limestone would make the tourney, let alone be a 2 seed and now host a national semi…Go Saints !!!
Laxwarrior

Post by Laxwarrior »

BirdsEyeView wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 5:14 pm Saw the Limestone/Indy clash in person…it was an absolute war! Very physical!! Glad the Saints have a week to recover and get ready to host L-R!
Back in March and even early to mid-April to be honest I never thought Limestone would make the tourney, let alone be a 2 seed and ow host a national semi…Go Saints !!!
A few weeks ago I was wondering when was the last time Limestone would be on the road for first round playoff game. Then they host hosting both quarter and semi-final games.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Very impressive game for the Saints especially considering they were down 6-1 at the end of the 1st quarter and the tore off 7 straight goals to take a 8-6 lead in the 3rd.

Indy won a lot of the stat columns (more shots, SOG, fewer TO) but just could not finish off the Saints.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Best Upcoming Games in order. Rankings are FanLax Computer Rankings.

1 Le Moyne #1 vs #4 Mercyhurst 05/21/2023
2 Lenoir-Rhyne #7 vs #5 Limestone 05/21/2023
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
GaitsRightHand

Post by GaitsRightHand »

Le Moyne by 3
Limestone by 1

Le Moyne vs Limestone... Le Moyne 14-10

(I hope I'm wrong)
Leonard Washington

Post by Leonard Washington »

Congrats to Mercyhurst and Coach Ryan on getting back to the championship game
First of all, ya better check your tone. I dont think you know who you're talking to. I'm Leonard Washington...I don't get butt naked for nobody!!
ToastDunk

Post by ToastDunk »

Indeed! Quite a game, and a long time coming.
GaitsRightHand

Post by GaitsRightHand »

Mercyhurst beat Le Moyne 11-10
LR beat Limestone 18-11

LR vs Mercyhurst for the chip…

LR’s last Championship appearance- 2021
Mercyhurst’s last Championship appearance- 2013. Won it in 2011.*

Predictions?
Last edited by GaitsRightHand on Sun May 21, 2023 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LaxDad28

Post by LaxDad28 »

Mercyhurst played in the 2013 championship but lost to Lemoyne. I say hurst by 3.
GaitsRightHand

Post by GaitsRightHand »

LaxDad28 wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 5:53 pm Mercyhurst played in the 2013 championship but lost to Lemoyne. I say hurst by 3.
Oops, that’s right. They won in 2011. Last appearance 2013.

Good prediction. Thinking LR by 2, but easily could go either way. Just hoping for a good one!
Leonard Washington

Post by Leonard Washington »

First to 10 wins 8-)

Having a tough time predicting this one. Pretty evenly matched teams
First of all, ya better check your tone. I dont think you know who you're talking to. I'm Leonard Washington...I don't get butt naked for nobody!!
GaitsRightHand

Post by GaitsRightHand »

Leonard Washington wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 12:07 pm First to 10 wins 8-)

Sounds about right. Mercyhurst plays a more slow and controlled type of pace. While LR plays a run and gun style. I'm intrigued to see who sets their pace, or if its a combo of the two.

One thing of note is that two players dropped their highest point totals of the season for LR. Evan Voss and Kyle Hatcher both had 5+ points. Hatcher missed a lot of the year due to injury but clearly is more than capable.

Mercyhurst's 3 studs were all limited to one goal- Hamm, Landymore and Mabe all had just one goal and are the 3 leading scorers for the team. Le Moyne has a very good defense, so I am sure they were a handful for the attack. But, its promising to see some "unfamiliar" faces get on the score sheet. Jérémi Phoenix-Lefebvre had 2 against Le Moyne and St. A's. Seems like he's getting productive as the year ends.

I am curious for the fogo battle... Doran has been a beast all season for Mercyhurst. I wonder how LR fairs against them.
ToastDunk

Post by ToastDunk »

GaitsRightHand wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 2:21 pm
Leonard Washington wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 12:07 pm First to 10 wins 8-)

Sounds about right. Mercyhurst plays a more slow and controlled type of pace. While LR plays a run and gun style. I'm intrigued to see who sets their pace, or if its a combo of the two.

One thing of note is that two players dropped their highest point totals of the season for LR. Evan Voss and Kyle Hatcher both had 5+ points. Hatcher missed a lot of the year due to injury but clearly is more than capable.

Mercyhurst's 3 studs were all limited to one goal- Hamm, Landymore and Mabe all had just one goal and are the 3 leading scorers for the team. Le Moyne has a very good defense, so I am sure they were a handful for the attack. But, its promising to see some "unfamiliar" faces get on the score sheet. Jérémi Phoenix-Lefebvre had 2 against Le Moyne and St. A's. Seems like he's getting productive as the year ends.

I am curious for the fogo battle... Doran has been a beast all season for Mercyhurst. I wonder how LR fairs against them.
Maybe even more telling is that Hurst had (I believe) nine different scorers (is scorers a word???). All that to say locking down a player or two might not be enough to impact the game. Full disclosure, I'm an old Hurst alumni dad. No one bets big on Mercyhurst, I'll say they take this one by 5+.
GaitsRightHand

Post by GaitsRightHand »

I believe you are correct. Mercyhurst with 9 scorers and LR with 7. Mercyhurst with 2 losses to Uindy and Seton Hill. LR with losses to Tampa, Wingate, and Limestone. Hurst is on a 8 game win streak. LR is on a 3 game win streak.

One thing that I think LR has going for them is that they were in the National Championship in 2021. 6/7 top scorers from that season, are still on the roster right now in 2023.
StuckinD2

Post by StuckinD2 »

I think it’s interesting that in Coach Chris Ryan’s press conference yesterday he spoke about how he’s excited to play LR because it’s two teams that like to play fast in transition. But Hurst has always been known for their half field offense and playing at their pace. I think one thing to note Mercyhurst is not afraid to hop in and out of their zone. This has shown to cause a lot of teams problems. It happened vs. LeMoyne and last week and IMO was a major factor in them winning vs Mercy in the regular season. Not sure how many teams have zoned LR but it’s def something they’ll need to prep for.
GaitsRightHand

Post by GaitsRightHand »

Return to “D2 MENS LACROSSE”