2023 New York State Tournaments

HS Boys Lacrosse
flyerfan17

Re: 2023 New York State Tournaments

Post by flyerfan17 »

fordmaddoxford wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 4:59 pm 14-5
Think about this:
By the time the sun sets tonight assuming, which I do, that CSH beats Marcellus, in addition to being State Champion, Manhasset will have defeated four other State Champions:

Mercer Island (Washington)
Cold Spring Harbor (New York)
Garden City (New York)
Rumson-Fair Haven (New Jersey)

I’m hard pressed to believe that there are many, if any, other high schools which have accomplished this feat. This team belongs in the Pantheon of all time great Manhasset teams.
Cromwell had roles in both Set back to backs
laxpert

Post by laxpert »

Think about this:
By the time the sun sets tonight assuming, which I do, that CSH beats Marcellus, in addition to being State Champion, Manhasset will have defeated four other State Champions:

Garden City (New York)
New York State Titles in all sports are specious until Section 6 and Long Island include Catholic Schools. Didn't Inside Lacrosse have two teams ranked higher than Manhasset. Granted this was a talented team but...
LI13

Post by LI13 »

laxpert wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 7:21 pm
Think about this:

Garden City (New York)
New York State Titles in all sports are specious until Section 6 and Long Island include Catholic Schools. Didn't Inside Lacrosse have two teams ranked higher than Manhasset. Granted this was a talented team but...
As if Sections 6, 8, and 11 are solely responsible for the CHSAA not joining.

Hint: they are not. The Catholic leagues prefer to be apart, not governed by nearly as many NYSPHSAA rules (only the ones to keep them eligible to play NYSPHSAA members).
kr522

Post by kr522 »

Think about this:

Garden City (New York)
St Anthony’s and Chaminade are the two…. These are basically Long Island all star teams, and 3-4x the size of Manhasset. Which titles aren’t specious in your opinion?
akawgp

Post by akawgp »

Dehuntshigwa’es wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 6:04 pm Anyone with scores for each game?
CSH 12 Marcellus 5
flyerfan17

Post by flyerfan17 »

Think about this:

Garden City (New York)
This must be a joke right..
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

fordmaddoxford wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 6:07 pm The game was reminiscent of the 2015 final in which Victor beat Manhasset by 9. Cal Girard played the part of T.D. Ierlan.
Victor took the plaques and medals' they won that day and and buried them at an unnamed site, 3.5 miles from Camillus.No camera footage is available. Victor likely did the same when GC beat them in 2018 on James Basile's last second goal.
Last edited by wahoomurf on Mon Jun 12, 2023 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lilax

Post by lilax »

kr522 wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 7:29 pm
Think about this:

Garden City (New York)
St Anthony’s and Chaminade are the two…. These are basically Long Island all star teams, and 3-4x the size of Manhasset. Which titles aren’t specious in your opinion?
To be honest it’s even more impressive GC and Set continue to win.

I know it gets said every year, but 2/3’s of the Chaminade roster comes from those two towns.

Set was the best public school in the country this year.
LI13

Post by LI13 »

So another year has come and gone and what do you know, same champions as last year!
kr522

Post by kr522 »

LI13 wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:07 pm So another year has come and gone and what do you know, same champions as last year!
I think that’s the first repeat since the state went to the classification system. Congratulations to all the teams that won, and to all the teams that competed in the playoffs. After the games are over is always a perfect time to remember Murf’s favorite quote:

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”
LI13

Post by LI13 »

kr522 wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:26 pm
LI13 wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:07 pm So another year has come and gone and what do you know, same champions as last year!
I think that’s the first repeat since the state went to the classification system. Congratulations to all the teams that won, and to all the teams that competed in the playoffs. After the games are over is always a perfect time to remember Murf’s favorite quote:

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”
It's absolutely a great quote.

Congrats to your Indians, kr!
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

2023 is in the books. Are the 2024 Finals at Hofstra again? If not, where? I may want to make an early reservation.
If we need that extra push over the cliff, ya know what we do...eleven, exactly.
LI13

Post by LI13 »

Nigel wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 11:25 pm 2023 is in the books. Are the 2024 Finals at Hofstra again? If not, where? I may want to make an early reservation.
Yes, finals and semis are all in the same spots in 2024 as they were in 2023.
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

lilax wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 7:59 pm
kr522 wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 7:29 pm
Think about this:

Garden City (New York)
To be honest it’s even more impressive GC and Set continue to win.

I know it gets said every year, but 2/3’s of the Chaminade roster comes from those two towns.

Set was the best public school in the country this year.
Years ago,that may have been true.I have an old roster showing there were 13 kids from GC and 12 from Manhasset on Chaminade's roster.Those days are in the rear view mirror.
thedisciple516

Post by thedisciple516 »

akawgp wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 7:35 pm
Dehuntshigwa’es wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 6:04 pm Anyone with scores for each game?
CSH 12 Marcellus 5
Didn't catch this game. Did Marcellus look like they at least kind of belonged on the same field? I ask because they lose only 3 Seniors (4th leading scorer and two solid middies everyone else back). Maybe upstate has a change next year in D? How much does CSH lose?
tech37

Post by tech37 »

thedisciple516 wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 11:06 pm
akawgp wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 7:35 pm
CSH 12 Marcellus 5
Didn't catch this game. Did Marcellus look like they at least kind of belonged on the same field? I ask because they lose only 3 Seniors (4th leading scorer and two solid middies everyone else back). Maybe upstate has a change next year in D? How much does CSH lose?
td516,

I thought M definitely looked like they belonged. Definitely skilled but young, making youngish decisions at times.

Having a Donahue as coach is huge, why M is state runner up for first time, and why I bet they'll be back.

CHS is no doubt a great team but one of the LI guys will need to speak re what CSH loses next year.
akawgp

Post by akawgp »

wahoomurf wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 7:38 pm
fordmaddoxford wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 6:07 pm .....
Victor took the plaques and medals' they won that day and and buried them at an unnamed site, 3.5 miles from Camillus.No camera footage is available.....
3.5 miles ??? That would be :?:

Return to “HS BOYS LACROSSE”