Finals - 2023

D1 Mens Fantasy Lacrosse
Matnum PI

Re: Finals - 2023

Post by Matnum PI »

ohmilax34 wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 2:17 pm Ricciardelli had 2.
Correct. ohmi is the champ...

https://fanlax.com/2023/04/30/fantasy-l ... nals-2023/
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
ohmilax34

Post by ohmilax34 »

I feel very fortunate to win. I can’t believe TLD had nobody on the bench with two or more…
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

You both put up 18. Respectable. Good game...

I was following the Army and P'ton games. At halftime, the 3rd quarter, I was sure TLD was going to win.
Caddy Day
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Matnum PI wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 3:57 pm You both put up 18. Respectable. Good game...

I was following the Army and P'ton games. At halftime, the 3rd quarter, I was sure TLD was going to win.
I am confused. Ronda’s Friday numbers did not count? I got it. Biggest game for the team not biggest game as in production of the player. Tip my hat….good game.

EDIT: just wondering if wiping a winning result of the board for players to redo makes the most sense? My three guys did enough on Friday to win but their results were wiped because their teams won? Is that a first?
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 5:27 pmBiggest game for the team not biggest game as in production of the player.
Correct.
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 5:27 pmMy three guys did enough on Friday to win but their results were wiped because their teams won? Is that a first?
Dunno. But probably not. If not the same, something similar must've happened in the past.
Caddy Day
Typical Lax Dad

Matnum PI wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 5:38 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 5:27 pmBiggest game for the team not biggest game as in production of the player.
Correct.
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 5:27 pmMy three guys did enough on Friday to win but their results were wiped because their teams won? Is that a first?
Dunno. But probably not. If not the same, something similar must've happened in the past.
Just seems like an oddity. Team one finished and team two is finished and in the lead. Wipe the results and there is no upside, only downside? “Biggest” game should apply going forward if there is a tie or something or both teams at risk for taking points off the board. Just seems odd. I can live with second place but it’s something to think about? My opponent had no downside, all upside option. My option was all downside.
PATalk

Post by PATalk »

Congratulations Ohmi that's 22 straight wins. I'm sure that's never happened.
ohmilax34

Post by ohmilax34 »

The Finals are a little odd, but I've gotten kinda used to it. I still have to tell myself when I'm looking at scores, "this only counts if his team lost" when they're in the conference tournament before the conference finals.

Going into today I figured I had a shot. When I saw how many goals Princeton scored today, I was really worried. Morin's score was the last I checked and TLD needed 3 to tie and sure enough, Morin got 3. I was almost ready to concede when I saw Minicus had zero. I figured I'd look at my other guys. I thought maybe Ricciardelli or Peden had a point. Ricciardelli with 2 and TLD's bench guys not getting at least 2 was a miracle. Ricciardelli's game hasn't quite been unlocked yet at ND, but he's a talented scorer, and I'm thankful I've held on to him.

I don't think my roster was the best in our league either this year or last year, but I haven't lost, so it must be pretty good. I think my guys have been remarkably consistent, including the defense. This year it was the attack. Last year my midfield seemed to get me valuable points every week.

Next year I won't have Xander Dickson. Boy, am I glad I held on to him. I think my midfield will need to be revamped and I'll want another high scoring attackmen to go with Kavanagh, Minicus and Hiltz. Hopefully Will Peden can build off his freshman year form and be a consistent scorer for PSU. I have a few guys who saw very little or no playing time this season, so there will be some thoughts on dropping some.

Thanks to Matt and everyone for a great season. I'm looking forward to the draft already.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Congrats Ohmi. And thanks Matt for letting us in. Jr loved it too. Not sure if he will be back in here anytime soon or not but he definitely appreciated it.
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
Typical Lax Dad

ohmilax34 wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 7:55 pm The Finals are a little odd, but I've gotten kinda used to it. I still have to tell myself when I'm looking at scores, "this only counts if his team lost" when they're in the conference tournament before the conference finals.

Going into today I figured I had a shot. When I saw how many goals Princeton scored today, I was really worried. Morin's score was the last I checked and TLD needed 3 to tie and sure enough, Morin got 3. I was almost ready to concede when I saw Minicus had zero. I figured I'd look at my other guys. I thought maybe Ricciardelli or Peden had a point. Ricciardelli with 2 and TLD's bench guys not getting at least 2 was a miracle. Ricciardelli's game hasn't quite been unlocked yet at ND, but he's a talented scorer, and I'm thankful I've held on to him.

I don't think my roster was the best in our league either this year or last year, but I haven't lost, so it must be pretty good. I think my guys have been remarkably consistent, including the defense. This year it was the attack. Last year my midfield seemed to get me valuable points every week.

Next year I won't have Xander Dickson. Boy, am I glad I held on to him. I think my midfield will need to be revamped and I'll want another high scoring attackmen to go with Kavanagh, Minicus and Hiltz. Hopefully Will Peden can build off his freshman year form and be a consistent scorer for PSU. I have a few guys who saw very little or no playing time this season, so there will be some thoughts on dropping some.

Thanks to Matt and everyone for a great season. I'm looking forward to the draft already.
Congratulations! It was a fun season. Never expected to go undefeated until the final game. I got lucky with a couple of picks. On to next year.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

PATalk wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 7:51 pm Congratulations Ohmi that's 22 straight wins. I'm sure that's never happened.
Wow. That's a lot...
Caddy Day
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 6:39 pm Just seems like an oddity. Team one finished and team two is finished and in the lead. Wipe the results and there is no upside, only downside? “Biggest” game should apply going forward if there is a tie or something or both teams at risk for taking points off the board. Just seems odd. I can live with second place but it’s something to think about? My opponent had no downside, all upside option. My option was all downside.
I'm not following. A fantasy player plays for P'ton. P'ton wins in the semis and plays again in the finals. You think it makes more sense for the semifinal game to count and not the finals?
Caddy Day
Typical Lax Dad

Matnum PI wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 8:53 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 6:39 pm Just seems like an oddity. Team one finished and team two is finished and in the lead. Wipe the results and there is no upside, only downside? “Biggest” game should apply going forward if there is a tie or something or both teams at risk for taking points off the board. Just seems odd. I can live with second place but it’s something to think about? My opponent had no downside, all upside option. My option was all downside.
I'm not following. A fantasy player plays for P'ton. P'ton wins in the semis and plays again in the finals. You think it makes more sense for the semifinal game to count and not the finals?
Not necessarily. If anything it seems like playing the games in sequence makes more sense. I hadn’t thought about it. It just seems odd. Had I won I am sure it would have been a non issue…this may have been an anomaly and I was just pointing out the oddity. Just food for thought.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 9:37 pm ...playing the games in sequence makes more sense...
What does that mean? The first game chronologically should count?
Caddy Day
Typical Lax Dad

Matnum PI wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 9:51 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 9:37 pm ...playing the games in sequence makes more sense...
What does that mean? The first game chronologically should count?
It doesn’t matter. It just seemed odd because teams were all pretty much playing. My misinterpretation of how the last two games would be handled is probably why it “seems” odd in my mind (doesn’t mean I am right). I can live with the result I was just offering food for thought. Probably won’t ever be encountered again. It’s my first time getting this far so I just took for granted the cadence of the weekly games. No big deal. It was just something to think about. I appreciate all the effort. Definitely gives me something to look forward to! On to next year. All ready have ‘24 board in the works.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
Typical Lax Dad

Matnum PI wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 10:09 pm Image
My first year was 2019 and I had some lean years… completely surprised this season……only matched by my disappointment last season!!
Uklax

Post by Uklax »

Congrats Ohmi!!
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Congratulations Ohmi. It is almost as if it was destined. I missed the end of season snd playoffs bcs i had to leave the country for awhile. Bask in it for as long as you can

Return to “D1 MENS FANTASY LACROSSE”