Voting Rights

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
dislaxxic

Re: Voting Rights

Post by dislaxxic »

Georgia Officials Force Black Seniors Off Bus En Route To Polls

Can we call some Antifa types to head down there to bust some skulls... angry1

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

dislaxxic wrote:Georgia Officials Force Black Seniors Off Bus En Route To Polls

“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

But we were led to believe that older shut-ins had no way to vote. See the silly game being played. ;)
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

This is the kind of nonsense that will help drive democratic turnout.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Typical Lax Dad

jhu72 wrote:

The officials just making sure an illegal bad hombre wasn't driving the bus...just keeping those people out of harms way...
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Typical Lax Dad wrote:

" Aren't people going to notice our inconsistency here?" Adviser shakes his head no, "Very unlikely Sir"

TLD, providing some substance.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

jhu72 wrote:

Isn't that the point? You seen the bus? No one of legal authority ordered them "off the bus", but apparently they did so. Just to create this story. They all voted anyway.

150 feet is 150 feet. Why not just drive them to the polls in a regular bus?
Typical Lax Dad

runrussellrun wrote:
Typical Lax Dad wrote:

" Aren't people going to notice our inconsistency here?" Adviser shakes his head no, "Very unlikely Sir"

Providing light humor....I meant to ask, what headphones do you use? Real headphones or buds?
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

full headphones from 5 below. Really not much difference than the $500 bose that my son "lost". Wanna listen to music for real, no headphones at all. Are we playing american psycho now and gonna talk speakers, receivers, cables, etc. :lol:
Typical Lax Dad

runrussellrun wrote:full headphones from 5 below. Really not much difference than the $500 bose that my son "lost". Wanna listen to music for real, no headphones at all. Are we playing american psycho now and gonna talk speakers, receivers, cables, etc. :lol:
You lost me at receiver! But I agree, no headphones when you really want to listen to music.....
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Imagine how different the state legislatures would be if everyone was allowed to vote without any impediment like those imposed by the far right.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
a fan

Post by a fan »

runrussellrun wrote:
Typical Lax Dad wrote:

And laying bare our discussion on absentee ballots, and never having to show ID to a human at a poll.....
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

You just put out some "facts" saying that 3 times as many people have voted so far, how is that an impediment ?
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

a fan wrote:
runrussellrun wrote:
Typical Lax Dad wrote:

And laying bare our discussion on absentee ballots, and never having to show ID to a human at a poll.....
So we just keep the same system? Not sure what your point is.
a fan

Post by a fan »

I'm saying the exact same thing the video is saying. The whole voter ID nonsense has nothing to do with anything other than Republicans winning elections.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

a fan wrote:I'm saying the exact same thing the video is saying. The whole voter ID nonsense has nothing to do with anything other than Republicans winning elections.
Please site on the video timeline when ID's were mentioned, I must have missed it. I'll watch again listening to this ID "hot point". My take was "early voting", fraud and absentee voting (which again, showed fraud ) Only mention of ID's was when talking about absentee ballots and people not needing ID's if they steal them from a nursing home or assisted living facility. Talk about tinfoil hats. You think fraud, or theft, is happening at a massive scale?

But, will ask again, I don't want to hear what the elected officials are doing or NOT doing to solve the problem. HOW ....do WE solve the problem of voting in this country? Stop allowing states to make their own rules up? I agree.
Typical Lax Dad

runrussellrun wrote:
a fan wrote:I'm saying the exact same thing the video is saying. The whole voter ID nonsense has nothing to do with anything other than Republicans winning elections.
Please site on the video timeline when ID's were mentioned, I must have missed it. I'll watch again listening to this ID "hot point". My take was "early voting", fraud and absentee voting (which again, showed fraud ) Only mention of ID's was when talking about absentee ballots and people not needing ID's if they steal them from a nursing home or assisted living facility. Talk about tinfoil hats. You think fraud, or theft, is happening at a massive scale?

But, will ask again, I don't want to hear what the elected officials are doing or NOT doing to solve the problem. HOW ....do WE solve the problem of voting in this country? Stop allowing states to make their own rules up? I agree.
How rampant is voter fraud in this country? The answer can't be we don't know because its fraud......
ggait

Post by ggait »

There is a long, well-documented and (unfortunately) continuing American tradition of discouraging/preventing certain kinds of people from voting. There's a reason that the first civil rights law passed was the Voting Rights Act in 1964. Used to be Dixiecrats in the South, but now it is lots of places. And now almost an exclusively GOP thing. But it is shameful no matter who does it.

Out here in purple Colorado, the Dems re-wrote the voting laws over furious GOP objections a few years ago. The new system (default mail in ballots) works GREAT (as even Colorado Republicans now concede). Incredibly convenient, less expensive, quite secure and no photo ID BS. Colorado is consistently one of the top handful of states in voter turnout. My ballot arrived a couple days ago. I filled it out at home while watching TV and dropped it off yesterday at a 24/7 drop box while out doing errands. Easy peasy.

Among the things I voted for was an initiative to hand over the line drawing (federal and state both) to independent commissions. Huge bi-partisan support for that -- both sides eventually got tired of continual fighting and litigating over the lines. It is a real treat to live in a state where there are two functional, reasonable political parties.

Blue areas and purple areas really don't have this issue much. Hard for the GOP in red areas, though, to give up their advantage. The ultimate solution to the shameful BS is to put voting procedures and also line drawing in the hands of independent commissions.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

yup, just watched it again. Not ONE mention of ID's.

Include a scan of your ID for absentee ballots or it doesn't count. Remember, the poor don't take vacations of work for the State Dept, hence no need for ID's so scan and include with an Absentee ballot. No college for the poor.

Is there no federal law that says you have to have one polling station for X number of registered voters ? If not, why not?
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

ggait wrote:
There is a long, well-documented and (unfortunately) continuing American tradition of discouraging/preventing certain kinds of people from voting. There's a reason that the first civil rights law passed was the Voting Rights Act in 1964. Used to be Dixiecrats in the South, but now it is lots of places. And now almost an exclusively GOP thing. But it is shameful no matter who does it.

Out here in purple Colorado, the Dems re-wrote the voting laws over furious GOP objections a few years ago. The new system (default mail in ballots) works GREAT (as even Colorado Republicans now concede). Incredibly convenient, less expensive, quite secure and no photo ID BS. Colorado is consistently one of the top handful of states in voter turnout. My ballot arrived a couple days ago. I filled it out at home while watching TV and dropped it off yesterday at a 24/7 drop box while out doing errands. Easy peasy.

Among the things I voted for was an initiative to hand over the line drawing (federal and state both) to independent commissions. Huge bi-partisan support for that -- both sides eventually got tired of continual fighting and litigating over the lines. It is a real treat to live in a state where there are two functional, reasonable political parties.

Blue areas and purple areas really don't have this issue much. Hard for the GOP in red areas, though, to give up their advantage. The ultimate solution to the shameful BS is to put voting procedures and also line drawing in the hands of independent commissions.
If no ID's are involved, how does one go about getting a default mail in ballot in the first place? :o

Return to “POLITICS”