Voting Rights

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
MDlaxfan76

Re: Voting Rights

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Kismet wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 3:13 pm Nobody has still explained how the 2020 Presidential election ONLY suffered from all this alleged fraud including GOP candidates for the House and Senate who won THE SAME ELECTION with no fraud when they were ON THE SAME FREAKING BALLOT. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Them Dems are downright diabolical...satanic it is...
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 4:55 pm
youthathletics wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 4:48 pm
a fan wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:41 pm
youthathletics wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:50 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:00 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:57 am
youthathletics wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:44 am
jhu72 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:06 pm
youthathletics wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:47 pm
jhu72 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:11 pm
youthathletics wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:15 pm Strange story: https://x.com/HoustonChron/status/17650 ... 60882?s=20

Harris County District Attorney Kim Ogg went into Love Park Community Center Tuesday morning to cast a ballot for her own primary race — only to be told someone had already voted in her name, according to spokesperson Michael Kolenc.
... a democratic DA. Of course there is no chance this is a republiCON scam, dirty trick. :roll: :roll:

PS -----

Turns out the DA's "partner" had voted in her place. Nothing nefarious. The voting machine keyed on the woman's home address.
Glad to hear it was not nefarious. But isn’t that concerning that someone could vote as you?
Not really, I don't live in Texas :lol: This is ultimately a software user interface problem to make it more difficult / impossible to make the kind of mistake the DAs partner did. The problem has a simple solution. A system of universal unique identifiers that are used as the database key.

The partner also could have prevented this by being anal when interfacing with a government computer. I am.
Oh....you mean like a Government Issued ID.....agreed, thanks for playing. ;)
Biometric...but then we'll be hearing about Satan....
Italian satellites and Jewish Space Lasers can alter even a government-issued ID. Prove me wrong.
Nice to see we all agree that a government issued ID would have solved this.
You and Old Salt will wake me up when a Republican State makes absentee ballots illegal, right?

After all, you guys are "really worried about showing an ID to vote", right?

Right.

When are you guys gonna stop pretending that you care, even a little, about "elections security" and showing an ID to a human to vote? Will this ever end?
I do not not believe any us of want that...at least I do not. Not sure why you went there...but you do have problems staying on task when discussing matter. I suppose those that oppose proving who you are, while in person, likely also struggle to walk and chew gum. It's such a bad thing to do that...I mean scary too. ;)
Do you show your ID when voting absentee?
No, but you can enter that unique number on the ballot and send it off, so there can be a checksum, and if flagged it would become provisional. But that ID number, is probably really hard to write down...I mean filling in the circle might exhaust them.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:15 pm Strange story: https://x.com/HoustonChron/status/17650 ... 60882?s=20

Harris County District Attorney Kim Ogg went into Love Park Community Center Tuesday morning to cast a ballot for her own primary race — only to be told someone had already voted in her name, according to spokesperson Michael Kolenc.
... a democratic DA. Of course there is no chance this is a republiCON scam, dirty trick. :roll: :roll:

PS -----

Turns out the DA's "partner" had voted in her place. Nothing nefarious. The voting machine keyed on the woman's home address.
Glad to hear it was not nefarious. But isn’t that concerning that someone could vote as you?
Not really, I don't live in Texas :lol: This is ultimately a software user interface problem to make it more difficult / impossible to make the kind of mistake the DAs partner did. The problem has a simple solution. A system of universal unique identifiers that are used as the database key.

The partner also could have prevented this by being anal when interfacing with a government computer. I am.
Italian satellites and Jewish Space Lasers can alter even a government-issued ID. Prove me wrong.
You and Old Salt will wake me up when a Republican State makes absentee ballots illegal, right?

Right.

When are you guys gonna stop pretending that you care, even a little, about "elections security" and showing an ID to a human to vote? Will this ever end?
I do not not believe any us of want that...at least I do not. Not sure why you went there...
Are you kidding? YA, ffs man....you just said that "a government issued ID would have solved this (voting problem)".

You can't do the math from there?

You don't give a sh*t about absentee ballots where NO ONE is checking your ID to vote....yet at the same time, you're telling us that forcing someone to show an ID at a polling station is paramount.

What's unclear and indirect about my point? The point is: you don't REALLY care about ID cards or showing an ID to vote. Because if you did?

The FIRST thing you'd ban is voting remotely, where NO ONE can check your ID before you vote. Savvy?
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:01 pm

PS -----

Right.

I do not not believe any us of want that...at least I do not. Not sure why you went there...but you do have problems staying on task when discussing matter. I suppose those that oppose proving who you are, while in person, likely also struggle to walk and chew gum. It's such a bad thing to do that...I mean scary too. ;)
No, but you can enter that unique number on the ballot and send it off, so there can be a checksum, and if flagged it would become provisional. But that ID number, is probably really hard to write down...I mean filling in the circle might exhaust them.
:lol: Right. How do you know someone else didn't vote in your place, YA?

Come on man. Don't act like you're making sense here. Voting remotely sidesteps showing your ID in front of an election official.

And plainly, you. don't. care. So...please, stop acting like you care about election security. You know this is a BS FOxNation meme that has ZERO basis in the reality of America's elections.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Kismet wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 3:13 pm Nobody has still explained how the 2020 Presidential election ONLY suffered from all this alleged fraud including GOP candidates for the House and Senate who won THE SAME ELECTION with no fraud when they were ON THE SAME FREAKING BALLOT. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Oh, they run away from this question. Just like they run away from Trump making the .gov 66% bigger in Four years, and not caring even a little.

It's a world designed by, and directed to, mouth breathing idiots.

And these idiots DESERVE four more years of Trump.

And I get to sit back, and enjoy it as Trump sends more money to the very elite libs that TrumpNation hates with the intensity of a thousand suns.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:03 pm

PS -----

Right.

Come on man. Don't act like you're making sense here. Voting remotely sidesteps showing your ID in front of an election official.

And plainly, you. don't. care. So...please, stop acting like you care about election security. You know this is a BS FOxNation meme that has ZERO basis in the reality of America's elections.
You must have missed my key word "CheckSum" in programming, it is used to validate no duplicates. I most certainly do care, otherwise I would not be wasting time with you guys, over and over again ---> see here....I made it easy for you: search.php?keywords=checksum&fid%5B0%5D=66
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:07 pm

PS -----

Right.

You must have missed my key word "CheckSum" in programming, it is used to validate no duplicates. I most certainly do care, otherwise I would not be wasting time with you guys, over and over again ---> see here....I made it easy for you: search.php?keywords=checksum&fid%5B0%5D=66
Duplicates? Who said anything about duplicates?

Dude, if "check for duplicates" is where you want to hang your logic hat? Then the libs who want to make it so you can vote without an ID are thrilled. You get that, right?

ID's aren't needed in your system. Checking for duplicates is all that's needed. Savvy?

You can't dance around it, my man: if you allow absentee ballots, that means you are simply not worried about proving your identity, in person, to an election official before you vote. That's it. End of story.

And once you admit you're cool with voting remotely? You admit that you're fine with not showing your ID to vote.

Which is why...and you know this perfectly well.....I laugh at your Party when they claim to want "secure" election where you show your ID to vote----yet allow folks to vote remotely, where it's IMPOSSIBLE to show your ID to an election official in order to vote.
Last edited by a fan on Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Jesus man, this is where the space lasers and Italian software manufacturers come into play. Sometimes I think you don't read the news Kismet.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:18 pm
youthathletics wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:07 pm

PS -----

Right.

Duplicates? Who said anything about duplicates?

Dude, if "check for duplicates" is where you want to hang your logic hat? Then the libs who want to make it so you can vote without an ID are thrilled. You get that, right?

ID's aren't needed in your system. Checking for duplicates is all that's needed. Savvy?

You can't dance around it, my man: if you allow absentee ballots, that means you are simply not worried about proving your identity, in person, to an election official before you vote. That's it. End of story.

And once you admit you're cool with voting remotely? You admit that you're fine with not showing your ID to vote.

Which is why...and you know this perfectly well.....I laugh at your Party when they claim to want "secure" election where you show your ID to vote----yet allow folks to vote remotely, where it's IMPOSSIBLE to show your ID to an election official in order to vote.
You refuse to listen and just want to be argumentative.

It means more than Dublicates :roll: .....I was trying to simplify it for you....

to be clear:

A checksum is a string of numbers and letters that acts as a fingerprint for a file. It is calculated before and after transmission or storage to ensure that the data is free from errors or tampering.

Boy....that sounds really nefarious and racist.....sheesh, Makes you wonder why the democrats' are so worried about honestly ;) . Ever wonder why thye use fingerprints to identify people.....exactly. Maybe the police will just accept a mail in fingerprint. :lol:
~Livy
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:06 pm You refuse to listen and just want to be argumentative.
Nope. YOU brought up ID's as fixing a problem. Not me. You.

And I reacted to that. Want a quote?

Not looking to argue. I'm RESPONDING to an assertion you made.
youthathletics wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:06 pm It means more than Dublicates :roll: .....I was trying to simplify it for you....

to be clear:

A checksum is a string of numbers and letters that acts as a fingerprint for a file. It is calculated before and after transmission or storage to ensure that the data is free from errors or tampering.

Boy....that sounds really nefarious and racist.....sheesh, Makes you wonder why the democrats' are so worried about honestly ;) . Ever wonder why thye use fingerprints to identify people.....exactly. Maybe the police will just accept a mail in fingerprint. :lol:
I understand completely. This has NOTHING to do with what we're discussing.

Checksum is a fancy word for barcode or RFID. We use them now. Right now.

The issue with YOUR party is: they claim to want you to present and ID to a voting official in order to vote. And you just made the same assertion.

And I responded. If you don't give a fig about ID's? Great. We're on the same page.

Let's move on then.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

PS -----

Right.

"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

~Livy
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:00 pm What say you? https://x.com/elonmusk/status/1766309014827061326?s=20
About?

Elon? Fascist. Needs to shut the fcuk up.

How Congressional representation is determined? I was aware as I paid attention in school.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:00 pm What say you? https://x.com/elonmusk/status/1766309014827061326?s=20
So the rich immigrant with connections, who didn't have to wait "decades" as Old Salt put it, to get his legal status...wants to throw stones
at immigrants who should OBVIOUSLY be given work VISAs, just like Elon enjoyed?

Pardon me if I don't want to hear this complaint from him.

And FFS, these are CHRISTIANS, by and large, showing up. Natural R's if you don't treat them like they're garbage from a "sh*thole country."
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:11 pm
So the rich immigrant with connections, who didn't have to wait "decades" as Old Salt put it, to get his legal status...wants to throw stones
at immigrants who should OBVIOUSLY be given work VISAs, just like Elon enjoyed?

Pardon me if I don't want to hear this complaint from him.

And FFS, these are CHRISTIANS, by and large, showing up. Natural R's if you don't treat them like they're garbage from a "sh*thole country."
I think the argument in the thread is about them being counted as voters and yet the concern is that they WILL NOT vote, but their vote 'could be" used to stay within the total available county; thus allowing a paper ballot tally to fallwithith in the county for potential cheating.

Not implying anything here, just yet another flaw in our voting.
~Livy
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Elon Musk is wrong. A great many Americans know the census counts non-citizens. It's a feature of the Constitution. You are not going to override it with a simple act of congress. :lol: Takes a constitutional amendment. The same Constitution that has Wyoming counting as much as 49 other states with significantly larger populations. When the latter is fixed maybe we can address the issue of non-citizens. We can fix the Washington DC issue as well. What do you think. How about lets fix all three!
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

The Framers -- remember, you love them and adhere closely to their thoughts and words -- intended that the census count all of the people, not just citizens, in a given state -- "...the whole number of Free Persons...." [This was the provision that included the original sin of the Constitution, calling for a count of Free Persons, but exclusing Indians and 3/5'ing those other folks] Prior to this, a census was used principally to tax or confiscate property or to conscript young people into military service. The Framers of the Constitution repackaged this governmental tool and made it a mechanism of fairness and political power of the governed over their government. Like many things in the Constitution, it hasn't always worked perfectly. But most informed people know that the count includes, not citizens, but people living in the relevant location.

Thanks, once again, for providing neat fodder from Elon's Misinformation Mill.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:23 am
The Framers -- remember, you love them and adhere closely to their thoughts and words -- intended that the census count all of the people, not just citizens, in a given state -- "...the whole number of Free Persons...." [This was the provision that included the original sin of the Constitution, calling for a count of Free Persons, but exclusing Indians and 3/5'ing those other folks] Prior to this, a census was used principally to tax or confiscate property or to conscript young people into military service. The Framers of the Constitution repackaged this governmental tool and made it a mechanism of fairness and political power of the governed over their government. Like many things in the Constitution, it hasn't always worked perfectly. But most informed people know that the count includes, not citizens, but people living in the relevant location.

It was more about who Elon was replying. Greg Price, who was quoting the Senate Feed post, regarding the Haggerty Amendment.
~Livy
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:51 am

It was more about who Elon was replying. Greg Price, who was quoting the Senate Feed post, regarding the Haggerty Amendment.
Oh. OK. Greg Price is an idiot. And Hagerty's proposal is a performative piece of nonsense, aimed directly at Americans who haven't bothered to understand their own governance documents. His amendment was for the sole purpose of making this little press release:

“Today I forced Chuck Schumer to hold a vote on whether illegal aliens should be counted for determining the number of congressional seats and electoral votes each state gets. Democrats’ unanimous opposition to this commonsense measure confirms that they’re using illegal aliens and sanctuary cities to increase their political power. With this vote, Senate Democrats chose to trample on the rights of each American’s voice. I will continue to fight and press this issue in the Senate.”

Right? Forced the vote, so he could send this out and let it be echoed by the ignoramuses of the American Tweet-Right, like Elon and Benny and Collin and Joey and all your other friends. This "commonsense" measure is likely unconstitutional, never stood a chance of becoming law, and was placed out there for, well -- you guessed it -- folks like you to push, push, push.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:51 am

Constitution. Voting for that bill would be stupid and un-Constitutional...so, who voted for it?

But here's Elon:

Most Americans do not know that the US census currently counts, for purposes of voting power, all people in a district, regardless of citizenship!

Senate Democrats just voted unanimously to defeat an amendment that would have stopped counting illegals for congressional seat apportionment and electoral college (presidential) votes.

Since illegals are mostly in Democrat states, both the House and the Presidential vote are shifted ~5% to the left, which is enough to change the entire balance of power!

This is a major reason why the Biden administration is ushering in record levels of illegals and doing so few deportations.

·

Elon is stating mistruths about the motivations and the net effect of power apportionment rules and he knows it, or should as he's not stupid.

72 is correct and I'd suggest that those apportionment power rules dwarf any issue of disproportionate share of undocumented residents.

Return to “POLITICS”