D1 Mens Lacrosse
Typical Lax Dad

Princeton 2019

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
calourie

Re: Princeton 2019

Post by calourie »

Impressive schedule. Wide range of expectations for the Tigers from the pundits, but mostly at the high end of D1 projections. Good finish to last season would seem to substantiate positivity towards this one.
Dunker

Post by Dunker »

Tough schedule. Hello Typical
gunnerz

Post by gunnerz »

Virginia and Hopkins back-to-back at home. Yale and Denver back-to-back at home.
dense

Post by dense »

Is the RPI formula still in effect for college lax?
CU77

Post by CU77 »

Yes.
The RPI still will be used by other Division I sports committees, including the Women’s Basketball Committee for the 2018-19 season.
https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-me ... ew-ranking
FannOLax

Post by FannOLax »

Typical Lax Dad wrote:Princeton announces 2019 Schedule
The headline OOC game might be Denver, but consecutive games against UVa, Hop, Navy and Rutgers should have Princeton well prepared for the Ivy. Great schedule.
Laxaholic

Post by Laxaholic »

Out of all the D1 teams I would have to think that the new rule changes would help benefit Princeton the most. As the only team that is in the top 10 for both pace of play and offensive efficiency, not much will change on the offensive side of the ball. Also, with a general increase in turnovers and decrease in offensive efficiency across the board, the Tigers main weakness of faceoffs one would think will become less of a factor. The negative rule change for the Tigers is the shortening of the clear from 30 to 20 seconds, and area in which they struggled last year. If they can improve on their clear look for the Tigees to make some noice this year.
Typical Lax Dad

Laxaholic wrote:Out of all the D1 teams I would have to think that the new rule changes would help benefit Princeton the most. As the only team that is in the top 10 for both pace of play and offensive efficiency, not much will change on the offensive side of the ball. Also, with a general increase in turnovers and decrease in offensive efficiency across the board, the Tigers main weakness of faceoffs one would think will become less of a factor. The negative rule change for the Tigers is the shortening of the clear from 30 to 20 seconds, and area in which they struggled last year. If they can improve on their clear look for the Tigees to make some noice this year.
Clearing was much better the last 6 games. Good adjustments made. My guess is that you will get O middies on sooner to clear the ball. Likely for most teams.
Laxaholic

Post by Laxaholic »

Typical Lax Dad wrote:
Laxaholic wrote:Out of all the D1 teams I would have to think that the new rule changes would help benefit Princeton the most. As the only team that is in the top 10 for both pace of play and offensive efficiency, not much will change on the offensive side of the ball. Also, with a general increase in turnovers and decrease in offensive efficiency across the board, the Tigers main weakness of faceoffs one would think will become less of a factor. The negative rule change for the Tigers is the shortening of the clear from 30 to 20 seconds, and area in which they struggled last year. If they can improve on their clear look for the Tigees to make some noice this year.
Clearing was much better the last 6 games. Good adjustments made. My guess is that you will get O middies on sooner to clear the ball. Likely for most teams.
While I am just speculating here, I would think the reduced time to clear combined with the smaller substitution box will decrease the likelihood that a team uses its o middies to clear. Valuable time is wasted waiting or the substitutions to occur with a possible 40-60 yards of combined distance taking up 7-10 seconds of the clear?
Njlaxx11

Post by Njlaxx11 »

Laxaholic wrote:
Typical Lax Dad wrote:
While I am just speculating here, I would think the reduced time to clear combined with the smaller substitution box will decrease the likelihood that a team uses its o middies to clear. Valuable time is wasted waiting or the substitutions to occur with a possible 40-60 yards of combined distance taking up 7-10 seconds of the clear?
i feel like most teams (assuming the shot clock is expiring) will be doing the old "roll" into the corner, allowing teams to substitute. hopefully the clearing team can get their D mids off for their O or clearing middies, likewise for the riding team.
Njlaxx11

Post by Njlaxx11 »

Is Robertson injured? No stats through 2 games!
calourie

Post by calourie »

Princeton with a nice effort today against Navy, whom they made look pretty porous. Looks like Robertson is back and healthy (5 gs). Lots of talent on the Tiger team, particularly on offense, but some holes as well. Should be well in the mix for the Ivy tourney.
LadyLaker

Post by LadyLaker »

Tigers: you are KILLING me! Do an old Tiger Fan a fave: let’s get some consistency from Q to Q, game to game. Take a hard look at yourselves. You have the potential to win consistently. Repeat after me: all out for 4 15-minute Qs, leaving nothing on the field.
LL
nclaxin

Post by nclaxin »

Any word on Connor McCarthy? Noticed he has not played recently.
Typical Lax Dad

nclaxin wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:55 am Any word on Connor McCarthy? Noticed he has not played recently.
That was a good win last night. With a win over Brown, hopefully the Tigers can start their run two games earlier this season. UVA loss looms large as that was a winnable game. McCarthy should be back soon.
faircornell

Post by faircornell »

Amazing game from Mr. Sowers. 34 games to get to 200 points is a school record. Congratulations.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”