Lacrosse Bets Week 6

D1 Mens Lacrosse
sinman6

Lacrosse Bets Week 6

Post by sinman6 »

Another day, another dollar (or at least, we hope). Last week was a good one. I think everyone that posted their picks went 60-70%+.

What do you all like for this week’s slate? I’m thinking about taking UPenn ML (-175) v. St. Joes, and Villanova -6.5 (-110) v. Drexel
JustOneTime

Re: Lacrosse Bets Week 6

Post by JustOneTime »

I need the Chosen1 to speak first.
chosen1lax

Post by chosen1lax »

JustOneTime wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:34 pm I need the Chosen1 to speak first.
Chosen1 here. While I like to focus on the big weekend card, I appreciate sinman getting this thread going for the midweek action. Really took a lot for me to lay off of UVA and their offense yesterday, but I am glad I did. 3 games today all bring an interesting element to the table.

JVILLE vs ULOWELL - that spread being at 12.5 is too much for my appetite. Id go with the U 25.5, envisioning a 17-6 win for JVILLE
Drexel vs NOVA - another spread that was eye opening being nova -6.5, Nova just spanked Hofstra and Drexel is doing their best to keep their head above water. If i were to choose i would pick the hot hand nova, but i will not be playing this one.
St. Joes vs PENN - Best game of the night and most interesting matchup. Spread is Upenn -1.5, but I like Sinman calling out the ML play. I think this has the potential to be a tight game just like it was last year.

I will be back soon with my weekend big board.

- Chosen1
Finster

Post by Finster »

(Not that it matters but I think I’m batting 1.000 on my bets, so there’s that)

Chosen1 hadn’t listed spreads as of this post but I don’t think I even need them. I’m laying it all out here.

1. I’ll take Georgetown absolutely annihilating Richmond. Whatever the spread is isn’t enough. Georgetown by a ton. I hear the line is George -5.

2. I would’ve taken Brown over UNC but half the team is suspended. If it’s UNC -3, I’ll take the Heels. Seems like a tiny spread for such a hit.

Lots of interesting games. I like Rutgers to cover versus Princeton. I think Harvard covers against Michigan, though the over can’t be high enough.

3. I like Notre Dame to cover -3.5 against OSU.

The Cuse Hopkins matchup is the sucker bet; stay away. Cuse is favored by 1.5. Since I think it’s likeliest a one goal affair, I guess I’d take Hop if pressed. But I’d never bet this game; it can go wildly either way because emotions are on full tilt, so even though the teams are close in talent and it should be a one goal affair, one boneheaded penalty could open up the flood gates with no recovery.
sinman6

Post by sinman6 »

UNC v. Brown line moved to 3.5 yesterday and then got taken down. DK isn’t paying attention!
chosen1lax

Post by chosen1lax »

Hello all, I was pretty sharp if i do say so myself with my mid week analysis and i hope to keep the mojo going. Noticed the line for UNC vs Brown was taken down once the news of the suspensions came out. be wary on playing that one as Brown young players are talented and I am sure they will get up to travel down to UNC for this big game.
Had a hard time picking a lock with these group of games, but ended up deciding on ARMY since LAF has shown little life thus far. We are getting to an inflection point of the season where teams will start to break away and seperate themselves from the pack. Teams like UPENN and GTOWN are in desperate need of wins to support their early season expectations. Denver and PSU are both underdogs that can really solidify themselves with win
Army vs LAF - Army -6.5 (Lock)
Duke vs Loyola - Loyola +3.5
Yale vs DU - DU +3
Cornell vs PSU - PSU +3
Harvard vs UMICH - UMICH +2.5
GTOWN vs Richmond - GTOWN -5
HPU vs ROMO - HPU -2.5
RU vs Princeton - Princeton PK
St Joes vs Drexel - Drexel +7.5
ND vs OSU - OSU +4.5
Albany vs UMD - UMD -11.5
UPENN vs Nova - Nova +2
UVA vs TU - UVA - 10.5
CUSE vs JHU - JHU +1.5
sinman6

Post by sinman6 »

Poor take on Lafayette. They are getting better every game, as evidenced by the numbers. Yes I am biased, but the numbers dont lie
sinman6

Post by sinman6 »

I will also say that Vegas apparently disagrees with your take on Laf as the line just moved from 6.5 to 6.
flyerfan17

Post by flyerfan17 »

sinman6 wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 1:10 pm Poor take on Lafayette. They are getting better every game, as evidenced by the numbers. Yes I am biased, but the numbers dont lie
Totally agree, can't bet them because Army is in NY
flyerfan17

Post by flyerfan17 »

Duke -3 1/2
Yale -3
UNC -3 1/2
Harvard -2 1/2

All favs this week
flyerfan17

Post by flyerfan17 »

flyerfan17 wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 1:39 pm Duke -3 1/2
Yale -3
UNC -3 1/2
Harvard -2 1/2

All favs this week
Going to add
Bellarmine +3 1/2
Bryant -2 1/2
sinman6

Post by sinman6 »

flyerfan17 wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 1:44 pm [quote=flyerfan17 post_id=439790 time=<a href="tel:1678473590">1678473590</a> user_id=1131]
Duke -3 1/2
Yale -3
UNC -3 1/2
Harvard -2 1/2

All favs this week
Going to add
Bellarmine +3 1/2
Bryant -2 1/2
[/quote]

Liked everything before these picks…

Marquette is still a bit of an unknown IMO. They have a lot of talent, and came into the season with a bunch of expectations, then failed to deliver… until the game against Michigan. I can seem them carrying that momentum into he game against Bellarmine and covering. But who knows. Bellarmine has been good, too. I am staying on the sidelines for that game, outside of a few ML sprinkles on Marquette.

I kinda like the Bryant pick, but cant bring myself to bet on an Air Force game in Colorado.
Finster

Post by Finster »

chosen1lax wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 1:09 pm Hello all, I was pretty sharp if i do say so myself with my mid week analysis and i hope to keep the mojo going. Noticed the line for UNC vs Brown was taken down once the news of the suspensions came out. be wary on playing that one as Brown young players are talented and I am sure they will get up to travel down to UNC for this big game.
Had a hard time picking a lock with these group of games, but ended up deciding on ARMY since LAF has shown little life thus far. We are getting to an inflection point of the season where teams will start to break away and seperate themselves from the pack. Teams like UPENN and GTOWN are in desperate need of wins to support their early season expectations. Denver and PSU are both underdogs that can really solidify themselves with win
Yale vs DU - DU +3
Cornell vs PSU - PSU +3
HPU vs ROMO - HPU -2.5
ND vs OSU - OSU +4.5
UPENN vs Nova - Nova +2
UVA vs TU - UVA - 10.5
CUSE vs JHU - JHU +1.5

Thanks.

OSU to cover against ND? I don’t see that one.

Agreed on Georgetown.
Finster

Post by Finster »

sinman6 wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 1:52 pm
flyerfan17 wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 1:44 pm [quote=flyerfan17 post_id=439790 time=<a href="tel:1678473590">1678473590</a> user_id=1131]
Duke -3 1/2
Yale -3
UNC -3 1/2
Harvard -2 1/2

All favs this week
Going to add
Bellarmine +3 1/2
Bryant -2 1/2
Liked everything before these picks…

Marquette is still a bit of an unknown IMO. They have a lot of talent, and came into the season with a bunch of expectations, then failed to deliver… until the game against Michigan. I can seem them carrying that momentum into he game against Bellarmine and covering. But who knows. Bellarmine has been good, too. I am staying on the sidelines for that game, outside of a few ML sprinkles on Marquette.

I kinda like the Bryant pick, but cant bring myself to bet on an Air Force game in Colorado.
[/quote]

Bellarmine, Bryant, and Marquette. You guys follow EVERY D1 team if you know those squads.
sinman6

Post by sinman6 »

The more obscure/random the better.
BIGDAWG

Post by BIGDAWG »

BIGDAWG BACK WITH HIS PLAY OF THE WEEK. TOUGH WEEK LAST WEEK WITH STUPID CORNELL PLAYING GOOD. JHU +1.5 FOR ANYONE LOOKING TO MAKE REAL MONEY. GET ON THE TRAIN BEFORE IT LEAVES YOU IN THE DUST YA SHMUCKS.
BIGDAWG

Post by BIGDAWG »

chosen1lax wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 1:09 pm Hello all, I was pretty sharp if i do say so myself with my mid week analysis and i hope to keep the mojo going. Noticed the line for UNC vs Brown was taken down once the news of the suspensions came out. be wary on playing that one as Brown young players are talented and I am sure they will get up to travel down to UNC for this big game.
Yale vs DU - DU +3
Cornell vs PSU - PSU +3
HPU vs ROMO - HPU -2.5
ND vs OSU - OSU +4.5
UPENN vs Nova - Nova +2
UVA vs TU - UVA - 10.5
CUSE vs JHU - JHU +1.5
HI CHOSEN JUAN, YOU NEED TO PUT MORE THOUGHT IN YOUR PICKS SO PEOPLE DO NOT LOSE MONEY ON YOUR BAD PICKS. I AM GLAD WE ARE THINKING ALIKE ON JHU THOUGH, GOOD SIGN AS STATISTICALLY WE ARE THE BEST BETTORS ON THE FORM PAGE. LOVE YOU MY FRIEND LETS LINK SOON IF WE CAN.
joewillie78

Post by joewillie78 »

BIGDAWG wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 3:55 pm BIGDAWG BACK WITH HIS PLAY OF THE WEEK. TOUGH WEEK LAST WEEK WITH STUPID CORNELL PLAYING GOOD. JHU +1.5 FOR ANYONE LOOKING TO MAKE REAL MONEY. GET ON THE TRAIN BEFORE IT LEAVES YOU IN THE DUST YA SHMUCKS.
Why is Cornell "stupid",? Just Curious?
Gobigred
Joewillie78
BIGDAWG

Post by BIGDAWG »

joewillie78 wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:18 pm
BIGDAWG wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 3:55 pm BIGDAWG BACK WITH HIS PLAY OF THE WEEK. TOUGH WEEK LAST WEEK WITH STUPID CORNELL PLAYING GOOD. JHU +1.5 FOR ANYONE LOOKING TO MAKE REAL MONEY. GET ON THE TRAIN BEFORE IT LEAVES YOU IN THE DUST YA SHMUCKS.
Gobigred
Joewillie78
WOW FLEXING YOUR ELITISM ON THE FORUM. THEY ARE STUPID BECUASE I SAID SO JOESILLIE, SO MIND YOUR PS AND QS.
Finster

Post by Finster »

BIGDAWG wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:21 pm
joewillie78 wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:18 pm
Gobigred
Joewillie78
WOW FLEXING YOUR ELITISM ON THE FORUM. THEY ARE STUPID BECUASE I SAID SO JOESILLIE, SO MIND YOUR PS AND QS.

😂

(Joe: assume you recognize the sarcasm but in the off chance you didn’t, he meant Cornell played well last week and busted a bet of his).

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”