SUNYAC 2023

D3 Mens Lacrosse
kuzandrat

SUNYAC 2023

Post by kuzandrat »

SUNY 2023 season started up yesterday. 11-7 loss for Brockport at Alfred.
Leonard Washington

Re: SUNYAC 2023

Post by Leonard Washington »

kuzandrat wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 1:44 pm SUNY 2023 season started up yesterday. 11-7 loss for Brockport at Alfred.

Tied and tight game till late. Brockport goalie played well
First of all, ya better check your tone. I dont think you know who you're talking to. I'm Leonard Washington...I don't get butt naked for nobody!!
Leonard Washington

New Paltz showed some grit vs. Maritime.

Geneseo with a tough fought win vs. Naz

Oneonta was slow out the gate today but handled Utica pretty easily
First of all, ya better check your tone. I dont think you know who you're talking to. I'm Leonard Washington...I don't get butt naked for nobody!!
BallHunt

Post by BallHunt »

Upstate inter-conference clash Wednesday to open the season for both Cortland and St. John Fisher. Will the Dragons push a better season this year starting with this game, and can the Cards take a step deep into the top 10? Should be a good one, maybe some rust, but at least fun to watch.
poster formerly know as "wherestheslide"
Leonard Washington

Itd be nice if Cortland kept it respectable.

Hoping for an upset but I don't think so.

Fisher 17
Red Dragons 10
fanOlax

Post by fanOlax »

I don’t know much about who cortland lost from last year but Fisher is losing Miller, Evans, Post, Depetres, Mulvihill, O’Donnell, + more. They will be a very different team, I am sure still good, but I don’t think they will be the top 10 quality team they have been the last few seasons.

Cortland 12 - Fisher 10
Leonard Washington

fanOlax wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 7:13 am They will be a very different team, I am sure still good, but I don’t think they will be the top 10 quality team they have been the last few seasons.

Cortland 12 - Fisher 10
I hope you're right for the sake of the SUNYAC conference.
Leonard Washington

Looking forward (as well) to Oneonta hosting Skidmore and New Paltz trying to pull an upset at Farmingdale
dp68

Post by dp68 »

Cortland 12-5 over SJ Fisher. Might as well state this and get it out of the way: Fisher isn’t the same team after so many graduations. But they have young players in key positions and will be better as the season wears on.

The Cortland defense has teeth. Two freshmen on d-mid caused Fisher all sorts of headaches. One kid (28) proved to be a solid transition midfielder, which they sorely lacked last season. #1 (sophomore) showed a ton of development from last season. Then there was #43, a freshman d-pole, who played start to finish, including man-down, and flashed serious skills.

As has been the case in recent seasons, Cortland and Geneseo will compete for the SUNY. Both started the season in impressive fashion.
dp68

Post by dp68 »

Cortland putting on an eye-opening performance, up 21-4 on Washington College late in the fourth quarter. It’s fair to say the Red Dragons haven’t played a playoff caliber team yet, but when I look at Fisher (close losses to CNU and Muhlenberg), that win looks more and more impressive.

Night and day compared to the start of last season. This Cortland team looks hungry and dangerous.
richard

Post by richard »

Cortland looked more athletic than WAC by a long shot. Goal tending stood out in Cortlands favor too.
dp68

Post by dp68 »

I should correct my statement on “no playoff caliber” opponents yet. It’s quite likely Fisher and Naz will play for the Empire 8 crown with the tournament champion taking the AQ. Wouldn’t be at all surprised if Fisher makes the NCAA tournament.
Dadlax

Post by Dadlax »

What do we think? Are Oneonta, Oswego and New Paltz actually good teams this year? Or too soon to tell?
Leonard Washington

Dadlax wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 8:57 am What do we think? Are Oneonta, Oswego and New Paltz actually good teams this year? Or too soon to tell?
Currently for SUNYAC

Oneonta = Yes

Oswego = No

New Paltz = Maybe --> Yes

1. Geneseo
2. Cortland
3. Oneonta
4. New Paltz
5. Potsdam
6. Oswego
7. Brockport
8. Plattsburgh

*could flip flop 4 and 5. Seems there are 4 teams for the 3 and 4 seed
Dadlax

Post by Dadlax »

I tend to agree. But I have no faith in the bottom four. I don’t think the bottom four (Oswego, Potsdam, Brockport and Plattsburgh) have a chance at the playoffs. The Oneonta / New Paltz game will be interesting and could decide the 3/4 seed. NP is going to take two big losses in a row to Geneseo and Cortland. We will see how they respond. We won’t know how good Oneonta really is until the end of the season.
Leonard Washington

I dont think Potsdam is terrible.

4 losses to Clarkson (nail biter), SLU, Cortland and Oneonta arent bad.

Their game at New Paltz at the end of the year probably will decide the 4 seed.
Dadlax

Post by Dadlax »

That’s fair. Potsdam will know how their season will end up after the new paltz game. As far as new paltz, they have wins against some sub-par competition. Not sure their record is a good indication of the talent level on that team. Might be smoke and mirrors.
Leonard Washington

I've watched them (New Paltz) play a couple of times. They are much improved from the past years. Solid goalie and face off guy. Midfielders are small and quick. Hard fought loss to Farmingdale. They are going to give a few more teams fits in the SUNYAC.
Dadlax

Post by Dadlax »

Cortland loss to Nazareth!?!? WOW!! Nazareth seems to play some tough teams close, but haven’t come away with wins in those games. Then they close out Cortland! Wow.
Leonard Washington

Says a ton about where Nazareth is going as opposed to Cortland. 2 totally different directions it seems

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”