2023 Upcoming Best Games

D3 Womens Lacrosse
laxfan22

Re: 2023 Upcoming Best Games

Post by laxfan22 »

Ultimately the biggest problem is creating 1 quad that is laughable is the biggest problem. The brackets are completely unbalanced. And getting at John fisher in this round is a gift
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

laxfan22 wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 5:29 pm Ultimately the biggest problem is creating 1 quad that is laughable is the biggest problem. The brackets are completely unbalanced. And getting at John fisher in this round is a gift
I hear a lot of complaining and whining. Not much else. To win they all have to be gone through. Might I direct you to the Hopkins and Cornell D1 men’s threads?
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
lovelax

Post by lovelax »

Five good games on Saturday. The most interesting are Wes/Tufts, GBurg/W&L, York/Gulls, Colby/TCNJ and SJF/Smith.

In a rematch of Nescac Semis I think Tufts pulls this out. Great coaching and use of players/adjustments for Tufts. They elevate their game in the playoffs.

GBurg wanting revenge for coughing up two goal lead and the ball with one minute left. Also, W&L not in a competitive game in two months. I see Bullets winning this one in a dogfight.

If the York team that beat W&L shows up York beats Salisbury. York has been inconsistent so this one is a toss-up.

Smith has one good win v Salisbury and SJF want revenge from a one goal loss to Smith. I think Smith pulls this one out but uses a lot of energy doing so.....faces an uphill battle with Tufts/Wes the next day and loses.

I also believe TCNJ beats Colby. This is the farthest TCNJ has traveled in years but will win this game.

Both F&M and Midd win their games to reach region finals.

Good luck to all teams that battle for final four!
laxfan22

Post by laxfan22 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 7:50 pm
laxfan22 wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 5:29 pm Ultimately the biggest problem is creating 1 quad that is laughable is the biggest problem. The brackets are completely unbalanced. And getting at John fisher in this round is a gift
I hear a lot of complaining and whining. Not much else. To win they all have to be gone through. Might I direct you to the Hopkins and Cornell D1 men’s threads?
Did the men’s have a bracket that was completely non competitive as compared to the other 3? Or was that limited to d3 womens lax?
lax410

Post by lax410 »

lovelax wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 3:22 pm Five good games on Saturday. The most interesting are Wes/Tufts, GBurg/W&L, York/Gulls, Colby/TCNJ and SJF/Smith.

In a rematch of Nescac Semis I think Tufts pulls this out. Great coaching and use of players/adjustments for Tufts. They elevate their game in the playoffs.

GBurg wanting revenge for coughing up two goal lead and the ball with one minute left. Also, W&L not in a competitive game in two months. I see Bullets winning this one in a dogfight.

If the York team that beat W&L shows up York beats Salisbury. York has been inconsistent so this one is a toss-up.

Smith has one good win v Salisbury and SJF want revenge from a one goal loss to Smith. I think Smith pulls this one out but uses a lot of energy doing so.....faces an uphill battle with Tufts/Wes the next day and loses.

I also believe TCNJ beats Colby. This is the farthest TCNJ has traveled in years but will win this game.

Saturday I’m curious to see the PP/Kenyon game. My sense is PP will win but both teams are so untested.

Other picks are Midd, Colby, Wm Smith, F&M, Salisbury.

I think Gettysburg/W&L will be tight but I think W&L will pull it out. Tufts/Wes is a toss up for me.
laxfan22

Post by laxfan22 »

lovelax wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 3:22 pm Five good games on Saturday. The most interesting are Wes/Tufts, GBurg/W&L, York/Gulls, Colby/TCNJ and SJF/Smith.

Pretty on point. Just the TCNJ miss. What about tomorrow?
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

laxfan22 wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 6:15 pm

Looking forward to the 2 upset teams squaring off tomorrow in Lexington (Gettysburg/York). Pick 'em.
laxfan22

Post by laxfan22 »

Dr. Tact wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 6:21 pm

Looking forward to the 2 upset teams squaring off tomorrow in Lexington (Gettysburg/York). Pick 'em.
But are either really upsets??
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

laxfan22 wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 6:38 pm
Dr. Tact wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 6:21 pm

But are either really upsets??
From a seeding perspective, the underdogs won today
laxfan22

Post by laxfan22 »

Sure but having watched all 4 this year, they are all very comparable teams.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

laxfan22 wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 7:51 pm Sure but having watched all 4 this year, they are all very comparable teams.
Yeah, you are probably right. W&L definitely had the top ranking....Gettysburg crushed York in the regular season and only had losses by 2 or less. So, I would say the #2 beat #1 and #4 beat #3. We will see who comes out tomorrow. Not expecting that the winner tomorrow beats the top of the bracket (middlebury, tufts ,colby, william smith) but I could see Gettysburg or York beating the Pomona-Pitzer/F&M winner.
laxfan22

Post by laxfan22 »

I don’t think they get middlebury/F&M bracket ti the final. But I see no reason why the winner can’t beat tufts who I suspect will have little issues with WS. To me it’s middlebury and then about 7-8 yeahs
lax410

Post by lax410 »

Could definitely see a Midd/Tufts final again.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

In Lexington, getting ready to watch Bullets and Spartans
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

Dr. Tact wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 1:04 pm In Lexington, getting ready to watch Bullets and Spartans
enjoy Doc!
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Well, the William Smith - Tufts game was a laughable romp. Just directionally backwards…

https://hwsathletics.com/sports/womens- ... core/28807
See Martin, Malcolm
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

wlaxphan20 wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 2:28 pm
Dr. Tact wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 1:04 pm In Lexington, getting ready to watch Bullets and Spartans
enjoy Doc!
Beautiful day until the game started ;-) I joke...Bullets came out hot and stomped the Spartans. Never in doubt. The takeaways were:
  • *Team speed - Gettysburg was too fast for York
    *The Bullet's weave confused York - need a coaching solution for that
    *Gettysburg is coached to emphasize when they get contact - This led to 6 or 7 YC on York - leading to alot of goals on the unreleasables.
    * York was sloppy and not very good with contested ground balls, in contrast, Gettysburg won nearly every contested ball
Gettysburg played like they deserve to play next Monday. If they are consistently that good, they will make the assumed Middlebury championship close. I don't think they beat Middlebury, but they were definitely the best team of the weekend at W&L
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Dr. Tact wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 8:27 am
enjoy Doc!
Beautiful day until the game started ;-) I joke...Bullets came out hot and stomped the Spartans. Never in doubt. The takeaways were:
    *Gettysburg is coached to emphasize when they get contact - This led to 6 or 7 YC on York - leading to alot of goals on the unreleasables.
    * York was sloppy and not very good with contested ground balls, in contrast, Gettysburg won nearly every contested ball
Gettysburg played like they deserve to play next Monday. If they are consistently that good, they will make the assumed Middlebury championship close. I don't think they beat Middlebury, but they were definitely the best team of the weekend at W&L
So they are also going to moonwalk past WS as well like the winner of Tufts/Wesleyan was going to? I’ll tell my daughter we shouldn’t watch the WS/Gettysburg game weekend, thanks!
See Martin, Malcolm
Bart

Post by Bart »

enjoy Doc!
Is (bolded above) this a nice way to say they are coached to FLOP?
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 8:36 am
enjoy Doc!
So they are also going to moonwalk past WS as well like the winner of Tufts/Wesleyan was going to? I’ll tell my daughter we shouldn’t watch the WS/Gettysburg game weekend, thanks!
Sorry, no. I wasnt thinking....no offense. I thought they were playing F&M. That would be a moonwalk, IMO

Return to “D3 WOMENS LACROSSE”