NEWMAC 2023

D3 Mens Lacrosse
Olddawg83

Re: NEWMAC 2023

Post by Olddawg83 »

A151515 wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:31 pm
Olddawg83 wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 2:52 pm
A151515 wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 5:07 pm
Olddawg83 wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:14 am coming down to the end of the season does any one have thoughts on who will be on the all conference first team? definitely a tough group to select with so much talent in the NEWMAC this year
For the Attack I think the first team will likely be Gebhart (MIT), Spangenburg (Babson), and Price (Babson), midfield and defense will be a bit of a toss up, fogo will be Sardis (MIT), and I’d say likely Parducci (Babson) for Goalie. Just speculation but I feel like these are pretty decent preliminary thoughts.
You wouldn’t put Tracy (Springfield) over Price? I know Price scores in bunches but he also isn’t the main guy for babson Spangenberg gets the #1 defender every game. Tracy seems to be the more well rounded choice for attack yet Springfield also plays him all over the field offensively. He’s listed as attack on the roster but has run out of the midfield very often as well
Not to take away from Tracy but I think Price is a better player plus he has more points than Tracy. I think Tracy would be a good pick for a first team midfielder since he runs out of the midfield a lot, or a second team attackman.
These were all pretty spot on
A151515

Post by A151515 »

Olddawg83 wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 9:07 am
Olddawg83 wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:14 am coming down to the end of the season does any one have thoughts on who will be on the all conference first team? definitely a tough group to select with so much talent in the NEWMAC this year
For the Attack I think the first team will likely be Gebhart (MIT), Spangenburg (Babson), and Price (Babson), midfield and defense will be a bit of a toss up, fogo will be Sardis (MIT), and I’d say likely Parducci (Babson) for Goalie. Just speculation but I feel like these are pretty decent preliminary thoughts.
You wouldn’t put Tracy (Springfield) over Price? I know Price scores in bunches but he also isn’t the main guy for babson Spangenberg gets the #1 defender every game. Tracy seems to be the more well rounded choice for attack yet Springfield also plays him all over the field offensively. He’s listed as attack on the roster but has run out of the midfield very often as well
Not to take away from Tracy but I think Price is a better player plus he has more points than Tracy. I think Tracy would be a good pick for a first team midfielder since he runs out of the midfield a lot, or a second team attackman.
I am happy I kind of nailed the predictions here. Was happy to see that Tracy and Ryan Kenney both made the first team in addition to Gebhart, Spangenburg and Price, I think both of those players deserved the recognition as well after the season they had.
Olddawg83

Post by Olddawg83 »

A151515 wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 1:03 pm
Olddawg83 wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 9:07 am
I am happy I kind of nailed the predictions here. Was happy to see that Tracy and Ryan Kenney both made the first team in addition to Gebhart, Spangenburg and Price, I think both of those players deserved the recognition as well after the season they had.
I can see them all getting national recognition as well with Tracy and Gebhart both being All Americans in the past I think those two are deserving again as well as the Babson Attack trio all getting their first nods. Would make 6 probably 7 All Americans from the NEWMAC including Roberts from Springfield and Sardis
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Beavers rockin' & rollin' today over Williams!

If we need that extra push over the cliff, ya know what we do...eleven, exactly.
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

Looks like Emerson has a little spring break Tour de Mid-Atlantic this year, facing Kean @ Georgetown in DC 3/09 and Widener @ Baltimore (maybe UA HQ) on 3/12.
MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
ah23

Post by ah23 »

sguy9

Post by sguy9 »

2 things that require more discussion.

Babson looks very good - how good can they be?
Emerson beats Springfield for first time ever. How much further can this staff improve this program?
SaltCounty

Post by SaltCounty »

sguy9 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:45 am 2 things that require more discussion.

Emerson beats Springfield for first time ever. How much further can this staff improve this program?
The Emerson coach has brought in a few players (IE. Leading Scorer & Goalie) that I'd imagine any team would like playing for them.
This year is proof he has done a lot with a little.
Hopefully they can hold on to him and he can continue to raise the ceiling.
BallHunt

Post by BallHunt »

sguy9 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:45 am 2 things that require more discussion.

If their goalie keeps up last night's performance they will be even more dangerous.

# Player S GA SF S%
35 Alex Fascilla 21 6 27 78%
poster formerly know as "wherestheslide"
fortheloveoftheCAC

Post by fortheloveoftheCAC »

Anyone know what happened to Rooney last night? Tufts' broadcast avoided showing the injury so I hope it wasn't something gruesome, but 200 lbs through the shin can't feel good.
Olddawg83

Post by Olddawg83 »

fortheloveoftheCAC wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:41 pm Anyone know what happened to Rooney last night? Tufts' broadcast avoided showing the injury so I hope it wasn't something gruesome, but 200 lbs through the shin can't feel good.
Torn ACL

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”