Healthcare

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
lagerhead

Re: Healthcare

Post by lagerhead »

a fan wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:21 pm
lagerhead wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:39 pm
a fan wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:38 pm
CU88 wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:31 pm I know that r's will not trust any sort of treatment that cures or prevents illness, but this is an amazing situation:

https://www.npr.org/2022/06/07/11035453 ... unotherapy

NPR HEALTH
This experimental drug could change the field of cancer research

"A tiny group of people with rectal cancer just experienced something of a scientific miracle: their cancer simply vanished after an experimental treatment.

In a very small trial done by doctors at New York's Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, patients took a drug called dostarlimab for six months. The trial resulted in every single one of their tumors disappearing. The trial group included just 18 people, and there's still more to be learned about how the treatment worked. But some scientists say these kinds of results have never been seen in the history of cancer research."
It's a trick designed by the libs to take away their freedom. What are you, a sheep or something, CU88? It's more of the conspiracy by the medical mainstream to keep patients from having an early, horrible, entirely preventable death...and we can't have that, now can we?

Like all rational Americans, I'm sitting this one out (pun intended) until I get the real truth from Joe Rogan.
I swam in numerous Swim Across America fundraisers. 5 man relay from Tappan Zee to battery park. Now there’s a lab named for the organization at MMS I’ve heard from other SAA swimmers the research in that lab contributed to this.
Do I understand that your fundraisers helped pay for this? Cool!

Stoked to see the future testing on dostarlimab to see if it really, truly works. Crazy stuff, science.
No of course we didn’t pay for this the money people contributed to us did. Google the organization!
https://saaswim.com/2022/06/08/swim-acr ... ssion/amp/
a fan

Post by a fan »

lagerhead wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:27 pm
No of course we didn’t pay for this the money people contributed to us did. Google the organization!
:lol: That's what I meant! Sorry if I wasn't clear. The Denver Chapter swims at Chatfield Res. down the road from my parents, I'm familiar with the .org.
lagerhead

Post by lagerhead »

a fan wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:35 pm
lagerhead wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:27 pm
:lol: That's what I meant! Sorry if I wasn't clear. The Denver Chapter swims at Chatfield Res. down the road from my parents, I'm familiar with the .org.
I am passionate because of my early involvement and hitting close to home. Our team still holds record for money raised. While I don’t swim anymore I volunteer and donate.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

USA trails all other life expectancy of G7 countries as of 2019 (pre-pandemic) and is the only nation where lefe expectancy went down. Can only assume that it has gotten worse since the pandemic began.

Not exactly exceptional.

Any thoughts to possibly explain this divergence?
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Kismet wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:36 am Image

USA trails all other life expectancy of G7 countries as of 2019 (pre-pandemic) and is the only nation where lefe expectancy went down. Can only assume that it has gotten worse since the pandemic began.

Not exactly exceptional.

Any thoughts to possibly explain this divergence?
Suicide.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide ... ted_States

Opioid and meth abuse. Fentanyl.

https://nida.nih.gov/research-topics/tr ... eath-rates
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Also lack of reasonable access to health care for all residents of the US (no national system that covers all).

And as far as the pandemic - intentional misinformation on the treatment of the disease and the usefulness of vaccination.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

In line with the graph a couple posts back: https://twitter.com/andy23tran/status/1 ... 0G62YbJgUQ

Would be interesting to see where this is currently...post COVID.

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Americans have more income and don't spend it wisely.

https://randomcriticalanalysis.com/2019 ... ealthcare/

"The US intercept, meanwhile, can be explained quite well by obesity. Obesity is likely to have very large negative effects on all manner of health outcomes. It is actually much more predictive of outcomes in the developed world than health spending. Indeed, the effects of obesity and related western diseases may be such that the apparent slope on health spending turns unambiguously negative in the developed world in the future (cross-sectionally, even if not in time series…).

Income is a double-edged sword. Income growth strongly predicts health spending growth, but income growth also predicts rising obesity, diabetes, prescription opioid use, illicit drugs, and likely several other “western” illnesses. While there probably are some idiosyncratic US factors not explained by current income levels (e.g., deep roots), many of these “American” issues are more widespread and more linked to income than most people appreciate. The equilibrium between the positive side (esp. healthcare) and the negative side (overeating, drugs, etc) is likely to seriously confound extrapolation from prior experience because of the non-linearities and tipping effects involved with these different processes."
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101 ... 2.499603v1

"SARS-CoV-2 adaptation to its human host is evidenced by the emergence of new viral lineages with distinct genotypic and phenotypic characteristics, termed variants of concern (VOCs). Particular VOCs have become sequentially dominant globally (Alpha, Delta, Omicron) with each evolving independently from the ancestral Wuhan strain. Omicron is notable for its large number of Spike mutations found to promote immune escape and re-infection. Most recently, Omicron BA.4 and BA.5 subvariants have emerged with increasing levels of adaptive immune escape threatening vaccine effectiveness and increasing hospitalisations. Here, we demonstrate that the most recent Omicron variants have enhanced capacity to antagonise or evade human innate immune defenses. We find Omicron BA.4 and BA.5 replication is associated with reduced activation of epithelial innate immune responses versus earlier BA.1 and BA.2 subvariants. We also find enhanced expression of innate immune antagonist proteins Orf6 and N, similar to Alpha, suggesting common pathways of human adaptation and linking VOC dominance to improved innate immune evasion. We conclude that Omicron BA.4 and BA.5 have combined evolution of antibody escape with enhanced antagonism of human innate immunity to improve transmission and possibly reduce immune protection from severe disease."

I wonder about Novavax and COVID.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/07/13/heal ... e-fda.html

"Novavax’s vaccine, given in doses spread three weeks apart, works differently from mRNA vaccines. It provokes an immune response with nanoparticles made up of proteins from the surface of the coronavirus that causes Covid-19. Similar protein-based vaccines have been widely used around the world for decades."

FDA meeting on vaccine efficacy and direction of new vaccine variants.

https://www.fda.gov/media/159452/download

A lot of links to studies on efficacy for those interested in reading them.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

RedFromMI wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:47 pm Also lack of reasonable access to health care for all residents of the US (no national system that covers all).

And as far as the pandemic - intentional misinformation on the treatment of the disease and the usefulness of vaccination.
yup, weak-ass social safety net. It's pretty pathetic when you think about it. :roll:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:31 am
RedFromMI wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:47 pm Also lack of reasonable access to health care for all residents of the US (no national system that covers all).

yup, weak-ass social safety net. It's pretty pathetic when you think about it. :roll:
Pathetic? As in “thoughts and prayers”?

I think intentional is a better descriptor.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

... given my experience I believe it. Stressful lifestyle is the driver in my opinion. SSRIs help, but have a much broader effect than just controlling depression, leveling out all emotion.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

PizzaSnake wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:43 am

... absolutely, the weak-ass social safety net is "intentional". Too many Americans, especially male, have heads full of sh*t. It's all part of toxic masculinity, being stupid for the sake of stupidity. :roll:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:55 am
PizzaSnake wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:43 am

... absolutely, the weak-ass social safety net is "intentional". Too many Americans, especially male, have heads full of sh*t. It's all part of toxic masculinity, being stupid for the sake of stupidity. :roll:
More from Neal

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=woydwxhohvI
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

So, the Christo-fascists going to go to war for these humans and their health? Isn’t that what we do? Go to war?

https://www.motherjones.com/food/2022/0 ... rmworkers/

“Pregnant people are more prone to heat exhaustion and heat stroke, and heat increases the risk of stillbirth and preterm delivery. This is especially concerning as more and more farmworkers are women, said Amy Liebman, director of environmental and occupational health at the Migrant Clinicians Network. She said it’s a delicate balance between making sure pregnant workers get the protections they need without interfering with their ability to earn a living. ”

Get familiar with CKD. Going to hear a lot mote about it.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

~Livy
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:56 am Trust the science, they say: https://www.science.org/content/article ... rs-disease
But do note that it was a group of scientists that figured this out - led by one of the more prominent researchers in this area. Science tends to be quite self-correcting - although it sometimes takes a number of years to figure out what went wrong.
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

RedFromMI wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 9:41 am
youthathletics wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:56 am Trust the science, they say: https://www.science.org/content/article ... rs-disease
But do note that it was a group of scientists that figured this out - led by one of the more prominent researchers in this area. Science tends to be quite self-correcting - although it sometimes takes a number of years to figure out what went wrong.
No no no, didn't you get the memo? The 1 in a million instances of fraud in the scientific community means we have to throw out anything Science™ has ever done and never trust it again.

Except if the fraud is something we like, like Vaccines cause Autism. In that case, the fraud is what is correct.

Return to “POLITICS”