Denver 2019

Post by Pio9 »

Get in here Dunker, you slacker!
10stone5

Re: Denver 2019

Post by 10stone5 »

Not Dunker, sorry.
But a DU-er, a different DU :o

Last conversation was, Matt Neufeldt transfer on ?
Nate Marano, not on squad, why ?
Pio9

Post by Pio9 »

:D No worries, a quick check of the 2019 Roster has Freshmen listed. No Marano, Semple or Neufeldt listed as of 8/29. I thought Marano was slowly working his way into Tierney's good graces last year. Quick google search reveals nothing new on Semple and Marano. I saw Neufeldt mentioned somewhere as graduate transfer to Denver.
Dunker

Post by Dunker »

Dunker here

New home. Big shout out of thanks to Matt Bernstein

Typical lax dad coming since he alerted me of this site
Neufelt lists DU on his twitter account. I have hunch Supinski gets added once he enrolls for fall quarter. Marano? Semple had nice half season in Canada box, then I didn't see his name in box scores anymore. Injury? This paragraph may contain some wishful thinking.

Good to be back with you guys
Dunker

Post by Dunker »

Matt Neufeldt is now officially a DU student. Grad transfer AA LSM from Maryland. With Neufeldt, Gaines, and Johnson, Tierney has arguably his best DU defense in his 10 years. Great timing with the shot clock and no Baptiste tilted field.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Dunker wrote:Matt Neufeldt is now officially a DU student. Grad transfer AA LSM from Maryland. With Neufeldt, Gaines, and Johnson, Tierney has arguably his best DU defense in his 10 years. Great timing with the shot clock and no Baptiste tilted field.
That's a big pickup. Surprised Tierney didn't take him out of high school.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
dense

Post by dense »

Unless Denver offers a better grad program in whatever subject, this transfer is a head scratcher. Hard to figure, maybe Neufeldt did not like what he heard in exit interview about plans for upcoming season. Wont cry for Maryland , they have Brozowski coming back and some top lsm recruits coming in
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

With strong playoff/tournament performance, his team winning CA-NCS title this year.
Cole French has moved up, at least in the IL listings.
IL has goalie French in its top 100 freshman.
lostcoast14

Post by lostcoast14 »

Wow, Neufeldt is a great addition for Denver -- a very strong player and from what I understand a terrific young man. I think it's going to be an intriguing year for the boys. Neufeldt joins a solid defense with Gaines, Johnson and Squires. I'm a fan of Alex Ready and loved how he played after returning to the field toward the conclusion of last season. I am curious about SSDM and who is going to help Danny Logan? If you look at point production from this team last year, it is very clear that the we are going to have to rely on more players than just Walker, French and Jackson. And now with the shot clock, a more aggressive and balanced attach is going to be critical. Players like Supinksi (if he find his way onto the roster), Rutan, Sullivan, Curtis and McKone need to manufacture scoring opportunities. Will Jack Hannah and Kyle Smith get more time?? I already am hearing great things about the oncoming freshman class with players like Erickson, Marrocco and Simmons. I am concerned about middie depth and I suspect some of these freshman may find some time at that position -- in fact, Simmons listed at midfield when I believe most of his time previously in high school was at attack. And of course, the face off circle is a question mark. Can't wait to see how this unfolds. I'm confident they will be as competitive as always.
Go Pios!!
Dunker

Post by Dunker »

Home schedule shockingly awful: AFA, Utah, Cleveland St., GTOWN, Nova, Providence.
gunnerz

Post by gunnerz »

Dunker wrote:Home schedule shockingly awful: AFA, Utah, Cleveland St., GTOWN, Nova, Providence.
Where do you see the schedule? It's not on denverpioneers.com
Dunker

Post by Dunker »

Reliable insider friend told me. DU will only announce schedule when totally complete.
cherrylax

Post by cherrylax »

Anybody know anything about last sunday's scrimmage against Michigan?
DU-fan

Post by DU-fan »

Glad to see this site up and working.

Any feedback on the Michigan scrimmage or the Alumni game tomorrow?
DU-fan

Post by DU-fan »

Schedule should be about the same with Utah and Princeton as new opponents this year, with no Furman. Perhaps one extra game this year.

My schedule guess would be:

FEB 9 (SAT) ???
VS AIR FORCE
PETER BARTON LACROSSE STADIUM

FEB 16 (SAT) ???
AT DUKE
DURHAM, N.C.

FEB 23 (SAT) 1:30 PM (Confirmed)
VS UTAH

FEB 24 (SUN) 3:30 PM (Confirmed)
VS CLEVELAND STATE

MAR 2 (SAT) - ???
AT NORTH CAROLINA
CHAPEL HILL, N.C.

MAR 9 (SAT) 8 P.M. MT VS NOTRE DAME (Confirmed)
PACIFIC COAST SHOOTOUT
COSTA MESA, CALIF.

MAR 16 (SAT) ???
VS OHIO STATE
COLUMBUS, OHIO

MAR 23 (SAT) ???
VS TOWSON
TOWSON, MD

MAR 26 (TUE) 5 P.M. MT (Confirmed)
AT PRINCETON UNIVERSITY
PRINCETON, NJ

MAR 30 (SAT) ???
BIG EAST
VS GEORGETOWN

APR 6 (SAT) ???
BIG EAST
VS VILLANOVA

APR 13 (SAT) ???
BIG EAST
AT ST. JOHN'S

APR 20 (SAT) ???
BIG EAST
VS PROVIDENCE

APR 27 (SAT) ???
BIG EAST
AT MARQUETTE

MAY 2 (THU) TBA (Confirmed)
VS TBD 
BIG EAST CHAMPIONSHIP SEMIFINAL NO. 1
DENVER, COLO.

MAY 2 (THU) TBA (Confirmed)
VS TBD 
BIG EAST CHAMPIONSHIP SEMIFINAL NO. 2
DENVER, COLO.

MAY 4 (SAT) TBA (Confirmed)
VS TBD 
BIG EAST CHAMPIONSHIP FINAL
DENVER, COLO.
gunnerz

Post by gunnerz »

Denver played at Duke and Carolina in 2018 so why would they go back there two years in a row?
DU-fan

Post by DU-fan »

gunnerz wrote:Denver played at Duke and Carolina in 2018 so why would they go back there two years in a row?
It is hard to get those teams to come to Denver. Unfortunately, I don't think they are interested in alternating home/away like the others. Denver needs them more than they need us for strength of schedule.
DU-fan

Post by DU-fan »

Stats are posted for the Alumni scrimmage: https://denverpioneers.com/boxscore.asp ... &path=mlax

Goal scorers:
WALKER, Ethan (4)
ERICKSON, Drew (3)
SIMMONS, Alex (2)
GEIS, Ellis (2)
MARROCCO, Johnny (1)
DAWICK, Josh (1)
JOHNSON, Dylan (1)
HARVEY, Jackson (1)
SULLIVAN, Ted (1)

10 Goals scored by Freshman vs. 6 from the rest of the team. 7 from Freshman Attack. Austin French did not play. The 2018 class is very impressive. Much better than most people think considering the lack of media attention.

Brett Boos looked great at face-offs for the first 3 quarters. Jackson Harvey did a nice job in the 4th quarter.

Defense and goalie play was solid considering the Alumni had Connor Cannizzaro, Eric Law, and Mark Matthews playing well all day.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Brett Boos with 15 face off wins.
Cole French, saw some action, 3 saves, no goals allowed.
Simmons, Erickson with 3 points a piece.
And, here’s guessing Austin French is nursing an injury or a minor illness and was just held out of this game.
laxadaisical

Post by laxadaisical »

Boys looked sharp at Alumni All Star game; Neufelt is in; 19 new players total.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”