What did we learn from Fall Ball

D3 Mens Lacrosse
Asgot

What did we learn from Fall Ball

Post by Asgot »

so now that the fall has been completed what, if anything, did we learn?

Can RIT repeat?
Was Union a one year wonder
Can CNU put it all together and make a run to the finals?
what new schools are most likely to show up in the finals in may of 2023?
JBFortunato

Re: What did we learn from Fall Ball

Post by JBFortunato »

In my opinion York is going to have their moment in 2023. It's been building, and I think it's time.

Many of the programs that have thrived in the last few years are graduating a ton of important guys, and I think we'll see some surprises along the way as a result. Looking forward to it!
ergit

Post by ergit »

Asgot wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:28 am so now that the fall has been completed what, if anything, did we learn?

Can RIT repeat?
There is nothing to be learned from Fall Ball…
Jumbo

Post by Jumbo »

JBFortunato wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:45 am In my opinion York is going to have their moment in 2023. It's been building, and I think it's time.

Many of the programs that have thrived in the last few years are graduating a ton of important guys, and I think we'll see some surprises along the way as a result. Looking forward to it!
I think York will have a good year, but 2024-2026 they should be strong
RamsFan

Post by RamsFan »

Asgot wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:28 am so now that the fall has been completed what, if anything, did we learn?

Not sure there is much to learn from FallBall, but to answer your questions:

Can RIT repeat?
- I wouldn't bet against them

Was Union a one year wonder?
- Given that 200 of their 300 total goals came from seniors last season, unless a number of those guys are returning post-grad (which i have no insight into), they have A LOT of replacing to do, which may be hard given the most points last year from any non-Sr was 20

- Certainly have a lot of fire power returning...and feel like the loss to York in the Qtrs may have been a fluke

what new schools are most likely to show up in the [semi]finals in may of 2023?
- York is about the only one that comes to mind
LaxFan1991

Post by LaxFan1991 »

RamsFan wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 1:44 pm

Can RIT repeat?

- Given that 200 of their 300 total goals came from seniors last season, unless a number of those guys are returning post-grad (which i have no insight into), they have A LOT of replacing to do, which may be hard given the most points last year from any non-Sr was 20

- Certainly have a lot of fire power returning...and feel like the loss to York in the Qtrs may have been a fluke

Don’t think loss to York was a fluke for CNU. Goalie Jack Michael out played CNUs shooters, Yorks defense had a great gameplan for CNUs high powered offense and Yorks offense held their own to get the win. A shame to notice a change in York’s defensive scheme when they advanced to play Union. Why try to fix what’s not broken? Excited for the spring.
Jumbo

Post by Jumbo »

LaxFan1991 wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 5:07 pm
RamsFan wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 1:44 pm

Can RIT repeat?

Don’t think loss to York was a fluke for CNU. Goalie Jack Michael out played CNUs shooters, Yorks defense had a great gameplan for CNUs high powered offense and Yorks offense held their own to get the win. A shame to notice a change in York’s defensive scheme when they advanced to play Union. Why try to fix what’s not broken? Excited for the spring.
I agree. I think York leads the series like 12-1. It would have been an upset if CNU beat York
Asgot

Post by Asgot »

ergit wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 10:26 am

Can RIT repeat?
There is nothing to be learned from Fall Ball…
I think this is true in some instances, say like Dickinson. I fully believe that Dickinson is going to be very good in the spring and could start just outside the top 3. Obviously, we learned little from CNU who scrimmaged each other. How much do you take from the RIT Gettysburg Scrimmage? probably that both are good and they are about where we thought they would be (especially, RIT which has a lot to replace).
I think that Stockton is continuing on its upward path, and Cabrini could be pretty good again but needs to figure out their goalie situation.
Tufts, will reload
I heard the Salisbury looked very good
Jumbo

Post by Jumbo »

What I learned this fall is that Inside Lacrosse didn’t have any write ups on D3.
Asgot

Post by Asgot »

I thought they did a story on the RIT, Gettysburg and LeMoyne. I could be wrong though.
Jumbo

Post by Jumbo »

Asgot wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:33 pm I thought they did a story on the RIT, Gettysburg and LeMoyne. I could be wrong though.
You are correct. I forgot about that one. With all the numerous other D1 write-ups
InsiderRoll

Post by InsiderRoll »

Jumbo wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:56 pm
Asgot wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:33 pm I thought they did a story on the RIT, Gettysburg and LeMoyne. I could be wrong though.
You are correct. I forgot about that one. With all the numerous other D1 write-ups
Yeah dude, it’s D3 lacrosse. There’s a lot more people that care about D1 lacrosse. I’m sure any single d3 sport gets regular season coverage let alone off season coverage from their respective sports major news outlet except for lacrosse.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”