YOUTUBE CLIPS

General Chatter
youthathletics

YOUTUBE CLIPS

Post by youthathletics »

This had be in tears....and a very valuable service this man is doing.

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Brooklyn

Re: YOUTUBE CLIPS

Post by Brooklyn »

^ I get the point of it but it's too unpleasant to watch for very long

✶✶✶✶✶✶✶✶✶✶✶✶✶✶

this is lot more pleasant from a youtube pal of mine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aqgs_a-iH3I
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

every once in a while my old (sadly, now gone) pal's videos shows up when I tune into YT:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JefCY4MmxA

:lol:
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

YT shows an old racist but funny commercial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MArsmQ9 ... teveJessup

44WeWantMore

Post by 44WeWantMore »

Brooklyn wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:21 am YT shows an old racist but funny commercial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MArsmQ9 ... teveJessup

Worth it just for this comment alone:
Sergio Fernández
3 months ago
As a Latino, I am really offended that this guy did not include a stereotype about us.
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

nice video about a really cool model train system:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lc9J6rWVVMU

Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

this has gotten MILLIONS of views on youtube -- you'll soon see why:

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/qayTFy8hzRY

Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

among my fave clips on YT are the ones dealing with the Pacquiao-Marquez fights:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEyaODZRIbA

grief and tears from the Filipinos, relief and joy from the Mexicanos

DMac

Post by DMac »

Just a bump to get the spam off the top.
While you're here, check Janet out. She
does a great job with Elton's stuff.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ltwBHY ... rt_radio=1
Her debut to the world many years back.....killed it!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MX-Nj539cY0
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

DMac

Post by DMac »

Wow, this little 15 year old absolutely owns the stage, and it's a big one.
Just fantastic, think she'll be around for awhile.
Click on at :35 can hear a little about her, that's got to be tough.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdIhq1t ... _o&index=3
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Great podcast from of the survivors at Benghazi:

https://youtu.be/Q9i_es05rWc?si=tpXxcYPIaypbtts1
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

THE Boat Race #169:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjMkBR2D6Uw

mens race starts at appx 01:15:00

annual Oxford v Cambridge regatta - what happened to the stroke towards the end was very interesting
thankfully, this year no major clash butI won't spoil the rest ...

Hip, hip, hooooraaaaaay!!

Brooklyn

Minnesota Mom

Post by Brooklyn »

POV: Your Midwestern mom on Easter morning before church. :lol:

Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

National Hero Hobo Shoestring is missing:

Hobo Shoestring Needs Our Prayers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSrrNjaIzCg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGvIgYiURt4

He has many online friends with a large caring family. Let's hope this can be solved very soon.

St Anthony ~ finder of lost people, travelers, and sailors

Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Compare and contrast.

If we need that extra push over the cliff, ya know what we do...eleven, exactly.
Brooklyn

Re: YOUTUBE CLIPS Mulkey Madness

Post by Brooklyn »

Mulkey Mania!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tes9eIEUR2M

Mulkeys vs. The Gladiators: Bill and Randy Mulkey Win a Match! :lol:

Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Mulkey Mania deserves a follow up and here it is:

https://www.postandcourier.com/sports/w ... 5e40f.html

“Mulkeymania.”

Although Bill and Randy Mulkey were firmly established as “enhancement talent” during their heyday in the mid to late ‘80s, the two brothers earned the respect of all the stars they made look even better inside the ring.

Due to their work rate and ability to make their opponents look good, the Mulkeys were most teams’ favorite choice to put them over at various television tapings. There was little the brothers wouldn’t do in order to make the match better and put the shine on the stars.

Randy, especially, became known for taking hellacious bumps that would plague him later in life. But it was all worth it, he says, and is particularly proud of the fact that he helped change the “bump system.”

“I pat myself on the back. I don’t brag, but I do pat myself on the back. I did change the bump system and the high flying and a lot of stuff they do now, but didn’t do back when I first got started with them," he said. "A lot of guys still come up to me and tell me they wouldn’t have ever thought about doing that until they saw me do it.”

“I knew for a fact that I could steal the show every night if I wanted to,” he added. “Everybody wanted to work with us. A lot of wrestlers talk crap about a lot of guys they wrestled. I have never heard anyone say one bad thing about us.”

One of his favorite memories was taking an elevated back drop during a match with Krusher Khruschev and Ivan Koloff at the old Greenville Memorial Auditorium.

“I did the first one-and-a-half back drop. I landed on my face,” Mulkey says proudly. “It was the perfect one-and-a-half back drop. The crowd went crazy. Everyone who came out of the dressing room thought I had broken my neck.”

What many didn’t know, however, was that Mulkey had practiced many of those daredevil spots years earlier in the old cattle barn back home in Anderson, and in his early matches on the independent circuit.

“I had done all this. I had it down pat before I got there,” says the 58-year-old Mulkey, who has undergone numerous back and neck surgeries over the years.

Prior to a match against Jim Cornette’s Midnight Express, Randy suggested that he and Bobby Eaton do a spot where Eaton would suplex Mulkey on the hard floor outside the ring.

“He stood me straight up and held me there for a minute and dropped me. That’s when Cornette came up with Mulkeymania," he said. "After that we had a few airbrush shirts and different other stuff made. And we started wearing them. Cornette just kept on and kept on and kept on.

"We never saw a dime out of it. I still have one of the original shirts.”

It was Cornette, says Mulkey, who put the brothers on the wrestling map. He started the ball rolling with “Mulkeymania is running wild.”

“It’s was amazing how the one time he said something about it that it absolutely spread like wildfire,” says Bill. “And still to this day.”

“Truthfully, he’s the one that actually pushed everything,” says Randy, who has been whacked by Cornette’s Louisville Slugger tennis rackets more times than he cares to remember.

“We owe everything to Cornette. I say it every day. He is probably the coolest and most generous person in professional wrestling," Randy said. "We couldn’t have asked for anyone better.

"When Big Bubba (Rogers) came in, the first person they put him in with to do his ‘Bubba slam’ (sidewalk slam) was me. It took me out. They taped my ribs up and showed that thing for months to build him up. I took the first Bubba slam. But I wouldn’t change it at all.”

The Mulkeymania craze started more than 35 years ago when Midnight Express manager Jim Cornette made an offhand comment during a squash match on Atlanta TV.

“Mulkeymania is running wild,” Cornette declared after his team throttled the popular brothers. While the Mulkeys would consistently lose, they were good at it.

“Mulkeymania” would take on even greater meaning when the popular brother duo actually scored a major victory in a televised bout.

It was a match, says Randy Mulkey, which he and his brother will never forget.

A highly touted masked duo known as The Gladiators (George South and Gary Royal behind the hoods) made their debut on SuperStation TBS against the Mulkeys on March 28, 1987. It was a qualifying match to advance to the prestigious Jim Crockett Sr. Memorial Tag-Team Tournament in Baltimore.

“What a lot of people don’t know is that The Gladiators had actually been around a while,” recalled South, who also teamed with Royal as The Cruel Connection and The Mexican Twin Devils. “Long before we did the angle with the Mulkeys, we had been wearing those outfits in the early matches on spot shows.

"Then they made up the story that we were West Coast champions to put the Mulkeys over, and to be an additional team for the Crockett Cup that year. We wanted to make it better, we wanted belts, but they wouldn’t give us belts, so we were billed as West Coast champions with no belts.”

Little did the Mulkeys know, but the promotion had a big surprise planned for them. They were wrestling in Florida when they got a call to be in Atlanta for the next round of TV tapings.

“We were the only ones coming out of Tampa up to Atlanta for a TV taping,” says Randy. “No one really talked to us. We really didn’t know what we were going to do there. We hadn’t been to tapings at the Atlanta TV station in close to a year.”

While the brothers were curious, they could have never anticipated what was about to happen.

“We were wondering what was going on. It was still hush-hush when we got to the station. Nobody knew anything. Nobody said anything to us,” says Randy.

Several minutes before the brothers went out the curtain, booker Dusty Rhodes pulled them aside and gave them the finish.

“We didn’t even see George South or Gary Royal there until right at the end of the second hour. We still didn’t know. Right before we went out the curtain, Dusty pulled us in the room," said Randy. "He said this is the way it’s going to happen. Boom-boom-boom, we’re gonna get outta there, and y’all gonna act like y’all didn’t know what the hell happened. I’m gonna throw your hands up, and we’re going to put you as the 25th seed in that tournament.”

Startled, they headed to the ring and did exactly what Rhodes had ordered them to do. They “played dumb, won by accident” and brought the house down.

The Mulkeys, in their dramatic, shining moment, had earned the shot at the Crockett Cup. The brothers’ win-loss record had been displayed before the match, reaching an exaggerated 0-180.

Mulkeymania was now in high gear.

“Only about five or six of us knew anything about it,” says Bill Mulkey. “That’s why everybody was so surprised since nobody but a handful had a clue what was fixing to happen. It blew everybody away ... the locker room, the television crew, the whole nine yards. They thought they had all screwed up.”

“The match lasted less than a minute and a half. It sounded like there was 20,000 fans in that studio when there probably wasn’t more than a hundred,” recalls Randy.

The Mulkeys had become the team fans desperately wanted to see get a victory. The brothers’ new winning streak, however, didn’t last long as they lost in the first round of the Crockett Cup tournament to Todd Champion and Denny Brown.

Their short-lived success, though, meant something far greater to the Mulkeys.

“It was redemption,” says Randy. “For them to put us over on Atlanta TV, after all that we had done, after all the big bumps we had taken in the studio … that was the redemption. If we never did anything else, we got that one week on TV.”

Return to “GENERAL CHATTER”