Matnum PI

Re: 2023 Fantasy Lacrosse Draft

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
PALax11

Post by PALax11 »

ohmilax34 wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 1:02 pm We can get there.

Predictions

Top 5 Freshman Fantasy Scorers
1. Spallina
2. Collison
3. Weisshaar
4. Minicus
5. Haley

Top 5 Surprise High Fantasy Point Getter
1. Gabe Furey SR M UPenn - UK Lax
2. Will Angrick SO M Notre Dame - Genghis
3. David Anderson SO A Yale - ChopSticks
4. Noah Manning SO A Denver - OCanada
5. Dewey Egan SO A UNC - ChopSticks
Weisshar is a stud and will have a great career but wasn't he the player who tore his ACL or PCL in the fall? I may be mistaken but thought I read that. Maybe Finn Thompson makes the list instead.

Tell us more about Anderson. Why does he breakout from the pack of young players at Yale?
ohmilax34

Post by ohmilax34 »

PALax11 wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 4:01 pm

Predictions

1. Spallina
2. Collison
3. Weisshaar
4. Minicus
5. Haley

Weisshar is a stud and will have a great career but wasn't he the player who tore his ACL or PCL in the fall? I may be mistaken but thought I read that. Maybe Finn Thompson makes the list instead.

Tell us more about Anderson. Why does he breakout from the pack of young players at Yale?
Dom Pietramala got hurt. is that who you're thinking of? Both lefties from MIAA school.

Anderson may not put up BIG points, but I could see him getting >10. He was very good over the summer in the Ontario Junior A League and his style is unique. I think the way Yale plays offense, while not position-less, they move the ball well and can punish bad defensive approaches, and I think that should work well for Anderson. He wasn't on Yale's roster last season, if I remember correctly, but he is now, and it seems the coaches wanted to hang on to him, so I'm giving that some weight too.
PATalk

Post by PATalk »

Last year Trader got a 100 plus posts alone... or it seemed that way
PALax11

Post by PALax11 »

ohmilax34 wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 4:08 pm
PALax11 wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 4:01 pm

Predictions

1. Spallina
2. Collison
3. Weisshaar
4. Minicus
5. Haley

Dom Pietramala got hurt. is that who you're thinking of? Both lefties from MIAA school.

Anderson may not put up BIG points, but I could see him getting >10. He was very good over the summer in the Ontario Junior A League and his style is unique. I think the way Yale plays offense, while not position-less, they move the ball well and can punish bad defensive approaches, and I think that should work well for Anderson. He wasn't on Yale's roster last season, if I remember correctly, but he is now, and it seems the coaches wanted to hang on to him, so I'm giving that some weight too.
From the Towson thread. Guess it was a meniscus.
Carolinagrad wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:01 pm Mikey Weishaar had meniscus surgery, they are hoping for a return sometime in February.
Lax1

Post by Lax1 »

Dewey will be UNC’s leading scorer by far. Shame we don’t have trades or I’d be offering half the team for him.
DU-fan

Post by DU-fan »

Any predictions for the highest impact transfers?
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Thomas Schelling Duke A is my guess. The caveat is i don’t know th players as well as some others. Last tear Duke’s offense lacked a true X attackmanZ. That is no longer a problem. My .02
maddog29

Post by maddog29 »

I'm confident Finn Thomson will be in the top 5 for scorers.
ohmilax34

Post by ohmilax34 »

I'm not good at predicting a transfers impact. Generally there is more hype surrounding a transfer than the actual impact, so given those two factors, I stay away from drafting many transfers.

Schelling could be a good pick. Terry Foy predicted that McAdorey will play attack this spring and that may play into Schelling's impact. It doesn't seem like Duke has had a real plan regarding their offensive personnel for a little while, but I think they were burned by some guys in the past that they were counting on to be big contributors that underperformed. This is my perception. I have no inside scoop.

I certainly hope Finn Thomson scores a lot of points. He's a gifted player and a lot of fun to watch. It seems Pat march is changing the SU offense to suit the skills of the players, so us SU fans are excited.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

If Duke moves McAdorey they would have another year w/o a QB at X it seems to me. I have not been overwhelmed by their OC for awhile now. If that is the case i was hoping to take Schelling late and glad i missed.
ohmilax34

Post by ohmilax34 »

OCanada wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:31 pm If Duke moves McAdorey they would have another year w/o a QB at X it seems to me. I have not been overwhelmed by their OC for awhile now. If that is the case i was hoping to take Schelling late and glad i missed.
Maybe they're trying Schelling and McAdorey at attack along with O'Neill. It seems they painted themselves into a corner a bit with O'Neill and Dyson Williams. Not that those two can't coexist, but they're both natural attackmen and they're both left handed and neither play behind the goal much. Without a lot of two-man game on that side of the field, it's hard to incorporate both. And they have them for 2 more seasons, unless Williams does his grad year elsewhere.

The Duke online roster only lists a few attackmen, including O'Neill, Williams and Schelling. McAdorey, Balsamo and Pappendick are listed as midfielders.
PALax11

Post by PALax11 »

Uklax wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 6:32 pm
ohmilax34 wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 5:22 pm Drop
Josh Tang

Add
Jackson Eicher SO A Army
Dammit! 2 picks in row taking players i though I’d be lucky to grab!
Liked this pick. Was annoyed enough not to say so at the time.

Other snipes.
Minicus x2
Furey
ohmilax34

Post by ohmilax34 »

I had to dig to find Eicher. I don't know what his impact will be, but I think he can score goals.
Uklax

Post by Uklax »

ohmilax34 wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 3:07 pm I had to dig to find Eicher. I don't know what his impact will be, but I think he can score goals.
He was quite high on my list the round you grabbed him, I think his PT goes massively up this year cause of army grads
Uklax

Post by Uklax »

Fun competition:
Who do we think will be the highest scoring undrafted player this year.. Ill start:

Will Abbott M Grad umass

Think he was start every game, had a decent record at quinnipiac, put up as much as 34 points in one year, 26 points senior year, mix of both assists and goals. Playing for a better team now.

Would have drafted him but I have too many middy seniors already. Think some teams could have done with a player this consistent.

Ps hope everyone has a lovely xmas when the time comes!
PALax11

Post by PALax11 »

Uklax wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 6:14 am Fun competition:
Who do we think will be the highest scoring undrafted player this year.. Ill start:

Will Abbott M Grad umass

Think he was start every game, had a decent record at quinnipiac, put up as much as 34 points in one year, 26 points senior year, mix of both assists and goals. Playing for a better team now.

Would have drafted him but I have too many middy seniors already. Think some teams could have done with a player this consistent.

Ps hope everyone has a lovely xmas when the time comes!
I had him on my list.

For highest scoring undrafted players, I'm going with Donal Mullane Gr A Maryland. If he starts like he did in the fall he should put up solid totals.

Return to “D1 MENS FANTASY LACROSSE”