Israel and Zionism

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
a fan

Re: Israel and Zionism

Post by a fan »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:39 pm
If you believe Hamas is responsible for 70% of the Palestinian deaths (which I DON'T), the Israeli's are killing 1800 per month. I believe the number is likely lower than 20% are Hamas caused deaths, which means Israel is killing 4800 per month. In either case it is unacceptable. The goal of the current Israeli government is to totally clear Gaza of Palestinians civilians. You don't drop 1000 lb and 2000 lb bombs on a population with the density of Gaza and claim you are trying to avoid civilian casualties and just hit Hamas. Dropping bombs that size it is impossible to discriminate. By the way, those bombs of that size were not precision guided.

Israel needs to start behaving more responsibly, and that is not going to happen as long as Bibi and his fascist buddies are running the show.
I agree 1000%. Netanyhu should have been removed YEARS ago. Israel and everyone else is paying a dear price for that. What he's doing just now with the absurd bombing is inexcusable, and makes matter worse in a situation that I didn't think was possible to make worse than things were last October.

I think we both understand each other's points.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Bibi is now under a lot of pressure. The #1 Israel supporter in the Senate tells him to take a walk and is not concerned with back home Jewish blow back in an election year. I'm sure Biden supports that.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:13 pm Bibi is now under a lot of pressure. The #1 Israel supporter in the Senate tells him to take a walk and is not concerned with back home Jewish blow back in an election year. I'm sure Biden supports that.
Meanwhile, back in the Senate some on the opposite side of the aisle are calling Schumer anti-Semitic. :shock:
6x6

Post by 6x6 »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:13 pm Bibi is now under a lot of pressure. The #1 Israel supporter in the Senate tells him to take a walk and is not concerned with back home Jewish blow back in an election year. I'm sure Biden supports that.
Biden should have done that some time ago, cut off the billions and let Bibi continue on without us. Other senators are one step ahead of Schumer. Maybe Joe is worried about losing votes?

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/452 ... to-israel/
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Biden admin financially sanctions its first West Bank settlers. Many of these settlers are breaking international law. It will be interesting to see where this goes. A lot of settlers are American, not all. There is some talk of UN signatories banning travel through their countries to West Bank settlers. Sounds like a good idea. All these people are helping to ratchet up tensions in the ME.

It's about time that the cash flow of those breaking international law, the sellers and the buyers be interdicted. Wanna bet the Trumps are involved?? This sh*t could have been stopped more than a decade ago by Bibi and his corrupt fascist thug friends.
Last edited by jhu72 on Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:21 pm
Meanwhile, back in the Senate some on the opposite side of the aisle are calling Schumer anti-Semitic. :shock:
... of course they are. :roll: They are making speeches about how the democrats shouldn't be interfering with the internals of another country. Funny how that never occurred to them when they invited Bibi over to meet just with the republican congress during an election year, without President Obama. Never been done to the best of my knowledge previously. End running the President of the USA who is responsible for foreign affairs. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

They are real concerned with US constitution and international protocol. :lol: :lol:
Last edited by jhu72 on Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

6x6 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:44 pm
Biden should have done that some time ago, cut off the billions and let Bibi continue on without us. Other senators are one step ahead of Schumer. Maybe Joe is worried about losing votes?

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/452 ... to-israel/
AIPAC never votes for democrats.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Wall Street Journal Editorial thinks Israel went about it the wrong way.
Israel’s actions have left it worse off, at a great cost to itself and its relationship with the U.S. and in the lives of innocent Palestinians.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

So despite all the back and forth and Bibi slamming none of you have the slightest clue how to fight Hamas. Hamas is counting on your ambivalence. No criticism from any of you why Hamas is using the Palestinians as human shields. The moral of the story is don't start a war you can't finish. You people are whining and griping like you think Hamas gives two chits about the Palestinian death count. Hell, they anticipated the outrage from day one. Biden was all hot to trot at first. When he got a fistful of what war looks like up close and personal he didn't like what he saw. War is hell and innocent people die. That fact hasn't changed in 1000s of years. So put your thinking caps on gentlemen. How do you weed out and fight an enemy that has deliberately and tactically intermingled itself with the Palestinian people? Until you can answer that question which your whining and bitching serves the Hamas cause. Hamas knows how to play you people and you don't disappoint. Your the best friends Hamas could ever want. Your now trying to portray Israel as the bad actors here. Your short term memory failures never cease to amaze me. You are demanding that Israel should fight this war in a politically correct manner and not offend your sensitive nature. Gen Sherman said war is hell for a reason. Any of you have any ideas how Israel should fight this war with Hamas??

FTR Sen Schumer did something yesterday that surprised me. He decided to throw Bibi under the bus and back it up. Schumer is demanding elections. So who is the future Israel leader waiting in the wings to take over from Bibi?? Does that mystery person have a game plan as to how to fight this war? As long as it is someone other than Bibi your all happy with that. I know which candidate that Hamas will endorse.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:45 am
... of course they are. :roll: They are making speeches about how the democrats shouldn't be interfering with the internals of another country. Funny how that never occurred to them when they invited Bibi over to meet just with the republican congress during an election year, without President Obama. Never been done to the best of my knowledge previously. End running the President of the USA who is responsible for foreign affairs. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

They are real concerned with US constitution and international protocol. :lol: :lol:
meanwhile, we had sex with Schumers daughter and "friend".

provides some FACTS.....otherwize, you're just a bunch of "mean girls" but of gossipy liars.

Can anyone be Jewish?

How do men, praying ONLY with other men (homo's ), kneel, if they have bad knees. Wood Mohamedd really care if we couldn't "bend the knee" all the way ?

I want to pray with women. What would Islamic worshipers advise. Their must be mosques that allow different sexes to kneel together.

What about trans people ? Where do THEY vote for jesus

FarFar the mouse says hi.....
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Sounds familiar. Just like the accusations made against Amy Goodman, David Pakman, and the Meiselas brothers.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 6:10 am So despite all the back and forth and Bibi slamming none of you have the slightest clue how to fight Hamas. Hamas is counting on your ambivalence. No criticism from any of you why Hamas is using the Palestinians as human shields. The moral of the story is don't start a war you can't finish. You people are whining and griping like you think Hamas gives two chits about the Palestinian death count. Hell, they anticipated the outrage from day one. Biden was all hot to trot at first. When he got a fistful of what war looks like up close and personal he didn't like what he saw. War is hell and innocent people die. That fact hasn't changed in 1000s of years. So put your thinking caps on gentlemen. How do you weed out and fight an enemy that has deliberately and tactically intermingled itself with the Palestinian people? Until you can answer that question which your whining and bitching serves the Hamas cause. Hamas knows how to play you people and you don't disappoint. Your the best friends Hamas could ever want. Your now trying to portray Israel as the bad actors here. Your short term memory failures never cease to amaze me. You are demanding that Israel should fight this war in a politically correct manner and not offend your sensitive nature. Gen Sherman said war is hell for a reason. Any of you have any ideas how Israel should fight this war with Hamas??

FTR Sen Schumer did something yesterday that surprised me. He decided to throw Bibi under the bus and back it up. Schumer is demanding elections. So who is the future Israel leader waiting in the wings to take over from Bibi?? Does that mystery person have a game plan as to how to fight this war? As long as it is someone other than Bibi your all happy with that. I know which candidate that Hamas will endorse.
I think the hope is that someone not beholden to the settlement movement and desperate to stay in office by prolonging the hot war will be more willing to allow humanitarian aid and less eager to bomb GAZA into the Stone Age. And yes, such leaders are present who also favor the destruction of Hamas and its capacity to terrorize Israelis but are willing to engage in a less destructive process of rooting Hamas out and transitioning to new Palestinian leadership. One of the key differences would be an Israeli leader who is open to a two state answer once the situation is stabilized with new Palestinian leadership not pledged to the destruction of Israel. That leader needs to be able to plausibly provide hope to both Israelis and Palestinians that peace can be achieved, given sufficient help and support of neighbors and the common interests in peace.

Benny Gantz, if I understand correctly, would be one such alternative to Bibi.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Bibi is destroying Israel -- witness recent US polling. Bibi won't be happy until Israel has no friends.
a fan

Post by a fan »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:02 pm Bibi is destroying Israel -- witness recent US polling. Bibi won't be happy until Israel has no friends.
That's what scares me the most: what happens if Israel has no friends?

Can't envision that leading to anything but the very worst outcome.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

a fan wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:17 pm
jhu72 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:02 pm Bibi is destroying Israel -- witness recent US polling. Bibi won't be happy until Israel has no friends.

Maybe the Israeli people should remove him, pronto.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
a fan

Post by a fan »

PizzaSnake wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:01 pm

Would be a big help, imho.
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

a fan wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:13 pm

Sadly similar could be said for strongmen in American politics and some other allied countries. We live in strange times that ignore history.
a fan

Post by a fan »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:13 pm
a fan wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:13 pm

Sadly similar could be said for strongmen in American politics and some other allied countries. We live in strange times that ignore history.
+100

Return to “POLITICS”