2023 Virginia Public GLax

HS Girls Lacrosse
Robolobo

Re: Rams-Spartans run it back too

Post by Robolobo »

Will try to do you justice UAO...

It was a tale of two halves at Robinson last night in the 2nd game of a boys-girls doubleheader saw the Robinson Rams and West Springfield Spartans meet for the 2nd time in 7 days, after the Rams 15-6 win last week on the road. Three things were hot early, the weather, the famous Robinson pretzel, and the Spartans. Credit their coaching staff, as Sparty clearly learned and adjusted from the last game and came with a game plan ready to play, jumping out 2-0 before the Rams got one back, but the visitors scored the next 4 to open up a 6-1 lead as the Rams were struggling to score on the Spartans defense and goalie. A timely Robo time out, helped stop the bleeding and let the Rams settle to make it 7-3 Sparty at the half, but a questionable 2nd YC on the Rams freshman star #19 in the final 2 minutes had things looking bleak at the break. Luckily Coach P has a deep bullpen in the cage and was able to go to it at halftime to try to change things up. However, the 2nd half wasn't as much about the goalie (who the Spartans had a harder time solving), but about the draw circle, where the Rams seemed to win every critical draw to maintain possession and rattle off 8 straight for a 11-7 lead. Sparty got one back, to make it 11-8, but another draw control and score helped seal it by building the lead to 12-8. The Rams added the final few in the last several minutes as the Spartans pressed for turnovers to make it a 15-9 final. Looks like another great one on Wednesday with Rams-Cavs II for the district title.
ExLax

Game reviews - kudos RoboLobo and UAO!

Post by ExLax »

Good write-ups on both games! Kudos to the third team on the fields as didn't hear criticism of officials similar to previous invectives - even compliments! Compliments also due to the West Sparty coach as is in the norm - BP is a class act and sets the standard against which others are measured.

My short game write-up: Riverside defeated Woodgrove 13-11 tonight. 'grove #12 kept it close throughout the game and her team had the better energy, Riverside had the players yet too many giveaways - I was near the far stands and the Rams faithful were disgruntled. Let's see where playoffs take us next week!
UnderArmourOdor wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 11:55 pm ....the bad news it is only 54%-46% when the full ticket VC-UAO is mentioned...damn X-Lax is right!!
Of course I am right UAO/MFT! Certainly didn't forecast you on the ticket yet you campaign well and make up s%^&*%^$ as you go as is the norm for most experienced politicians! Anyway to switch the ticket and get you the headline?
VAMomGlax2019

Re: Game reviews - kudos RoboLobo and UAO!

Post by VAMomGlax2019 »

ExLax wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 11:23 pm My short game write-up: Riverside defeated Woodgrove 13-11 tonight. 'grove #12 kept it close throughout the game and her team had the better energy, Riverside had the players yet too many giveaways - I was near the far stands and the Rams faithful were disgruntled. Let's see where playoffs take us next week!
WG parent. My daughter has played on and against rec and club teams with Riverside players. I loved the effort the Woodgrove girls gave this evening and #12 dominated the draw for us. I agree with your assessment Riverside played sloppy. It probably should be noted Riverside’s best player and a strong candidate for district player of the year was in a boot and did not play tonight. That is a big loss for Riverside. Hopefully she’s okay and can return this season.
UnderArmourOdor

Re: Another Instant Classic...

Post by UnderArmourOdor »

Cavs went the 3 miles to the home of the Rams. The game opened with long possessions as both squads probed the other to find an opening. Cavs scored, Rams followed, Cavs again & Robo equalled so after 10 minutes it was 2-2. Then the Cavs DC girl went on a run of of Make-it-take-it as they got four straight in four minutes to force a Robo TO at 6-2. The last nine minutes of the first half were much like the first nine with four alternating goals to end 8-4.
At halftime Robo adjusted their D to the Cav offense scoring and scored 5 of the next 6 goals aided by 3 man-up tallies off two Cav YCs. Tied at 9, the Cavs played thru getting a huge goal to be the first one to 10. A third Cav YC seemed to point to OT but a turn-over started a transition break with 30 seconds left on the card. The Lake Braddock coaches waiting for the Boys Championship asked does "YELLOW-YELLOW" that the Cav Coaches were screaming mean slow down and hold the ball? It does, but the 1st Team All-District Cav Middie saw an opening and zipped a 35-yard pass to a crease cutting attackman for a one-on-one with the goalie who sunk it...Cavs up 11-9. Cavs got a GB and took a TO with just over 2 minutes left. The Rams got a transition and the Cav keeper made a key save inside 30 seconds and they ran out the clock for their 21st District Crown in 28 years. The Rams were hindered without their dynamic DC middie who did so much damage in the Friday Night game before Easter Break while the Cavs had their DC girl back for this game and was the difference.
New generic sound system music with FCPS approved commercials that we all will have to suffer thru next year was used (I have asked X-Lax to check if it is created by SkyNet Industries?) Rams scoreboard is state of the art but the sound system is not up to the standards of the old one as this is the home of the original great announcers! Maybe it was better on the home side but it often seemed low and distorted on the goal announcements. Big crowd for both teams, the Oasis was quality as usual & it was a chamber-of-commerce evening unlike most of the games this season. 1st Team All-District Players were announced pre-game so hopefully we can get that list now that the cat is out of the bag!
VALaxer

Re: 2023 Patriot District Honors

Post by VALaxer »

Here is the Patriot District 1st Team and Honorees as selected by the coaches and announced at the District Championship game last night. I don’t have a full 2nd team or HM list, so if you have and want to post, please do. Hopefully others can post the other districts to recognize these outstanding players.

1st Team All District
Attack Mia Zganjar, Woodson, Senior
Attack Anna Checkosky, Robinson, Junior
Attack Claire Berry, West Springfield, Freshman
Attack Jess Larkin, West Potomac, Junior
Midfield Reese Cuviello, Woodson, Junior
Midfield Genna Cooke, Woodson, Senior
Midfield Caitlin Karnis, Robinson, Senior
Midfield Jordan Salisbury, South County, Senior
Defense Julia Lungren, Alexandria City Senior
Defense Emory Reed, West Potomac, Junior
Defense Caleigh Jones, Robinson, Junior
Defense Caitlin Tran, Woodson, Senior
Goalie Annalise Thaler, West Springfield, Senior
At-Large Avery Olsen, West Potomac, Junior
At-Large Maddy Arca, Lake Braddock, Junior
At-Large Summer Eastman, Lake Braddock, Junior

Player of the Year: Annalise Thaler, Senior, West Springfield
Coach of the Year: Olivia Harpel, South County
UnderArmourOdor

Re: Regional 1st Round Playoffs Get Underway...

From one of the great intellects of our time...
“So, I think it’s very important, as you have heard from so many incredible posters, for us at every moment in time — and certainly this one — to see the moment in time in which we exist and are present, and to be able to contextualize it, to understand where we exist in the history and in the moment as it relates not only to the past but the future!”
Today we can all contextualize that So Co, TCW, Fairfax & Lake Braddock all won their play-in games. So tonight I understand that in this moment in time, moment in time we exist SoCo goes way out to West Po, TCW meets Sparty, Faifax heads to Franconia to tangle with Edison & the Bruins travel East on Braddock Road to TJ (some remember the past days of the bumper sticker "We Came For the Sports" when going to the Home of Science & Technology for lacrosse, field hockey or even hoops game was a challenge for any school!) Coach Chen was at TJ when they were dangerous before he went to Lake Braddock & now he returns as again the Bruins Coach, can we make it into a historical Venn diagram, let me just say, I love Venn diagrams. I really love Venn diagrams. You know, the circles, right?

Am I bored waiting for some lacrosse...Yes...cackling laughter!
VALaxer

Re: Regional 1st Round Playoffs Get Underway...

Post by VALaxer »

UnderArmourOdor wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 1:54 pm From one of the great intellects of our time...
“So, I think it’s very important, as you have heard from so many incredible posters, for us at every moment in time — and certainly this one — to see the moment in time in which we exist and are present, and to be able to contextualize it, to understand where we exist in the history and in the moment as it relates not only to the past but the future!”
Today we can all contextualize that So Co, TCW, Fairfax & Lake Braddock all won their play-in games. So tonight I understand that in this moment in time, moment in time we exist SoCo goes way out to West Po, TCW meets Sparty, Faifax heads to Franconia to tangle with Edison & the Bruins travel East on Braddock Road to TJ (some remember the past days of the bumper sticker "We Came For the Sports" when going to the Home of Science & Technology for lacrosse, field hockey or even hoops game was a challenge for any school!) Coach Chen was at TJ when they were dangerous before he went to Lake Braddock & now he returns as again the Bruins Coach, can we make it into a historical Venn diagram, let me just say, I love Venn diagrams. I really love Venn diagrams. You know, the circles, right?

Am I bored waiting for some lacrosse...Yes...cackling laughter!
Region C

Games last night:

West Springfield 11 Alexandria 4
West Potomac 23 South County 9
Lake Braddock 19 TJST 13
Edison 14 Fairfax 12

Games Monday:

West Potomac at Robinson
West Springfield at Falls Church
(Winners meet Wednesday)

Edison at Justice
Lake Braddock at Woodson
(Winners meet Wednesday)
BuckyLou

Bonus Poll

Post by BuckyLou »

The Final Poll - Bonus Edition

People always love more in life, so while sitting back waiting for a big day of games in Region D tonight, the Buckster decided to give the people what they want, and release this final (almost) pre-regional playoff poll of those teams still alive (sorry, no Westfield or Chantilly or others...)

1) Battlefield (13-1) – The Bobcats get here based on the fact that they haven't lost since March and quite frankly have the best path to a championship with only 1 major stumbling block against the Champe/Colgan winner before the finals.

2) Madison (9-4) Impressive win over Oakton could set up rematch but gives them a potential win or go home game against the troublesome Seahawks or the defending champs in the Region D semi-final, which keeps them off the top line for now.

tie. Oakton (14-1) If you believe some message board posters, this is the best team since sliced bread or at least the glory days of Langley, Woodson and Robinson. Losses happen and I won't overreact to them, but they continue to have a Madison "problem."

4) Woodson (14-3)- The Cavs got over the hump to get the Patriot district title from their rivals the Rams and now get the "Battlefield" half of the Region C bracket that puts them on a glide path to a state tourney spot.

5) Robinson (13-3) - The Rams saw their run of 2 straight Patriot district titles end as the Cavs finally gained the measure. Good news for them, is that last year's district runner-up was the region winner. Bad news for them is that the Region C bracket did them no favors giving them win or go-home games against West Potomac and then the winner of Sparty/Falls Church before they could get a trilogy with the Cavs.

6) South Lakes (12-4) –Catch a break by avoiding Oakton on a path to states, but the Patriots and Warhawks will make them earn it.

7) West Potomac (11-3) –The 3 seed from the Patriot disposed of the Stallions and now gets the Rams in a big win or go home. The last affair was a battle and the Wolverines hope to turn the tide this time.

8) Langley (11-4) -The Liberty District Champs are a sleeper in Region D and we should be in for a great game tonight as they take on Centreville.

tie. Centreville (10-6) - C'mon, you know the Buckster couldn't resist one more tie to be settle on the field. There will be no BBQ platter when Langley emerges from the underground bunker tonight, but there will be a dogfight (or is it cat fight with a wildcat?).

10) West Springfield (10-6) – Sparty did what was expected in sending TCW back to the blue turf and now gets a rematch with the surprise National District Champs Falls Church on Monday, before another possible rematch with the Rams/Wolverines winner on Wednesday.

11) Yorktown (8-9) – A win tonight and the defending champs can pull back to .500 for only the second time this season. Working for them is that their biggest win to date was what did it (over Robo) the first time. Top that win to tonight and we may need to give them another look.

12) John Champe (10-4) – Almost shocked the world with a big rally against Battlefield in the district final. The 2nd bid in Region B is likely down to the winner of their game with Colgan.

tie) Colgan (14-0) – As noted, most likely this tie gets decided on the field with a bid to states on the line in Region B.

14) Falls Church (10-6) - The surprise National District repeat champs debut in the rankings at the right time after a big win over Justice. Host a rematch with West Springfield on Monday.

15) Justice (10-4) - the bright side of their loss to Falls Church is that they are likely the 2nd best shot to get a state bid from their half of the Region C bracket. The bad news is that Woodson stands in their way.

tie. The Cosby Show (13-1) - The Huxtables sneak in as they seemed poised for a Region A state bid with Ocean View and even though Freeman ended their undefeated season last night, a 12-10 loss to the Mavericks is nothing to sneeze at (even if DF is not your sister's Freeman this year).
UnderArmourOdor

Re: To Right a Wrong...

WE have to get rid of the hateful term “Cavalier” …it is a Civil War term that wokesters need to eradicate from the language and from W.T. Woodson who uses it as a mascot term. It must be dealt with harshly and hastily. Yes, it is a Civil War term, and all history of that needs to be erased. "Cavalier" was first used as a term of abuse for the royalist supporters of King Charles I and his son Charles II of England during the ENGLISH CIVIL WAR, in the mid-1600s.
It was later adopted by the Royalists themselves. Although it referred originally to political and social attitudes and behavior, it subsequently became strongly identified with the fashionable clothing of the court at the time. Prince Rupert, Charles I's Cavalry Commander, is often considered to be an archetypical Cavalier (why do I think of Errol Flynn in “The Sea Hawk” and “Captain Blood” or Peter O’Toole as Alan Swann in “My Favorite Year.”) Since the English just had the coronation of King Charles the III, it seems like a good time to further rewrite some history that British Royalty is all bad just view the terrible persecution of poor Meghan Markle!
Don’t argue that we should start with the State of Virginia’s University in Charlottesville that uses Cavaliers as a mascot and yes please get the NBA on the hook to change the Cleveland Cavaliers to the Cleveland Cuyahoga Rivers [Editor’s Note: UAO we have already had protests from Green activists about that name since that river caught fire numerous times plus neither the Mohawks nor the Seneca Tribes want to claim the name Cuyahoga.]
I watched the UVA Hoos beat Georgetown in Men’s Lacrosse yesterday and those warmongers had crossed swords under the orange “V” on the back of their jerseys and two crossed orange swords on the front of their Warrior helmets [Ed Note: UAO you should start the push to have that company’s warlike name changed.] I’m starting the protest to make it the UVA Owls [Ed. Note: So, the “Hoos” nickname still works.] Yeah, hadn’t thought of that, but let’s not just eliminate Cavalier as the mascot but take down the 10 “Ws with crossed swords” in Pat Cunningham Stadium including the beautiful logo in the middle of the turf field.
We have plenty of tax money in FCPS to spend on new signage, uniforms, banners, helmets and why worry about Fox News making us look as stupid as they did for renaming schools, withholding students National Merit recognition on the wise recommendation of the Equity Consultant [Ed. Note: Are you saying that $455,000 wasn’t well spent?] and lying about teaching Critical Race Theory, which I think is something the Track coaches use.
We have to get rid of the crossed swords also as like the Baltimore (later Washington) Bullets it is a dangerous weapon. The sword was the premiere military weapon until the advent of gun powder relegating it to an officer’s weapon and just the primary weapon of the horse mounted cavalry. Every weekend in DC you hear Mayor Bowser lamenting all the sword induced fatalities so it just makes sense to remove them as who knows when another deadly cavalry charge will breakout on The Mall or The Bride will drop into Nobu and find the Crazy 88 having sushi! Forget Hollywood’s love of all the Robin Hoods, Zorros, Samurais, Vikings, Jedi, Pirates, Musketeers, U.S. Army Cavalry in Westerns and all that amazing swordplay. Woke says they should be removed from films like the guns in “E.T.” [Ed. Note: Umm UAO, “I never should have done that,” Steven Spielberg said. “E.T. is a product of its era. No film should be revised based on the lenses we now are, either voluntarily, or being forced to peer through.”] Never mind that, what does that guy know about films, “The Charge of the Light Brigade” can be the “Power Walking of the Light Brigade” maybe cut Westley & Inigo Montoya’s sword fight in the “Princess Bride” and have them settle it with a game of pickleball. Immediately eliminate that English hack writer who put sword fights in his plays, “Romeo and Juliet,” “Henry IV,” “Hamlet,” “Macbeth” and “King Lear” [Ed. Note: UAO wasn’t it Shakespeare who wrote in Hamlet, “many wearing rapiers are afraid of goosequills.”] Right, good point, see he used rapiers which are a type of swords! [Ed. Note: Obviously UAO’s “pen is (not) mightier than the sword!”] Ed, I’ll just use my rapier wit to beat those WTW swords into powshares! [Ed. Note: Plough UAO plough, he isn’t the sharpest sword in the scabbard!]
ExLax

Riverside @ Mountain View: 22 May

Post by ExLax »

UnderArmourOdor wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 12:17 am WE have to get rid of the hateful term “Cavalier”
^ TLDR ... but am sure it was outstanding prose and factual!

I was in the area so watched a premier 5D regional playoff with Riverside @ Mountain View. Coming off a surprising loss to Stafford HS the MV Wildcats kept it close through the first half but the Riverside Rams machine just continued their ball control onslaught throughout the game. A few yellow cards livened up the second half, the Ram faithful once again showed their innate inability to heckle intelligently, and the Rams coach slowed her ball control game with 6+ minutes remaining for a 14-10 Riverside win. Kudos to the Wildcats on an outstanding season!

Good luck to all teams remaining! "May the Cavalier be with you...."
VAMomGlax2019

Re: Riverside @ Mountain View: 22 May

Post by VAMomGlax2019 »

ExLax wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 10:37 pm
UnderArmourOdor wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 12:17 am WE have to get rid of the hateful term “Cavalier”
^ TLDR ... but am sure it was outstanding prose and factual!

I was in the area so watched a premier 5D regional playoff with Riverside @ Mountain View. Coming off a surprising loss to Stafford HS the MV Wildcats kept it close through the first half but the Riverside Rams machine just continued their ball control onslaught throughout the game. A few yellow cards livened up the second half, the Ram faithful once again showed their innate inability to heckle intelligently, and the Rams coach slowed her ball control game with 6+ minutes remaining for a 14-10 Riverside win. Kudos to the Wildcats on an outstanding season!

Good luck to all teams remaining! "May the Cavalier be with you...."
MV is not the most convenient school to get to so I image you must live close by. Not a trip I would make for fun on a Monday night. Heard the Rams moved their all state attacker to middie and mostly defense tonight to slow down MVs high powered offense that had been averaging nearly 20 goals per game.
UnderArmourOdor

Re: Two-fer

Saw Cavs run the clock versus Lake Braddock, the Bruins came to play but Cavs had 10 days to prepare between games, it ended 16-4. Drove the 2.5 miles to Robinson for the Rams-West Po game. Walked in and it was 6-3 Wolvies with them winning most DCs. Upset Alert but then I remembered West Springfield was up even more in the first half. West Po had #17 their deadly feeded from the X up on the circle which was a change from their two visits to "The Pat." She came off the circle and I saw why as the Rams D-cooler #1 shut her off & I think she touched the ball once in the second half. West Po 's lead dodger #7 looked dominate when I arrived but also had a tough second half versus the Rams #26 who had a real battle with her. On the other end, there was an awful match-up as West Po's diminutive #21 was matched against big #8 for the Rams...maybe the thinking was speed would stop her...it was wrong! Checko keyed the comeback on the circle and going to goal for 5 or 6 goals as Rams pulled ahead 10-9 in the 2nd half. It was still a game late but with 4 minutes left the Wolvies took a YC..game over 16-13.
ExLax

Re: Two-fer

Post by ExLax »

UnderArmourOdor wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 10:27 am
Saw Cavs run the clock versus Lake Braddock, the Bruins came to play but Cavs had 10 days to prepare between games, it ended 16-4.

...it was wrong! Checko keyed the comeback on the circle and going to goal for 5 or 6 goals as Rams pulled ahead 10-9 in the 2nd half. It was still a game late but with 4 minutes left the Wolvies took a YC..game over 16-13.
^^ +1, thanks UAO!!!
UnderArmourOdor

Re: Regional Semis...

I knew it was going to be a game when the Buford T. Justice Sherrifs came to "The Pat" and their classic mascot the black 1977 Trans-Am from "Smokey and The Bandit" was sitting in the Parking Lot. The Sheriff's lefty #8 was as advertised scoring three of the first six goals to keep them even 3-3. As the half entered the last two minutes the Cavs led 10-4 when they scored a transition goal to make it 11-4 but wait, no, the goal was waived off as an in the crease call was made. Good quick reaction as the Sherriffs took advantage in transition to score with 9 seconds left to make it 10-5. The young lady manager at the table erased one of the good goals for the waived off goal so the officials decided that was official book and the Bandit took the 10th Cav goal off the big Cavaton scoreboard. To quote the visitors namesake “What we’re dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law” so it was 9-5 instead of 10-5 at the half. It sparked the Cavs on a 5 Goal 2nd half run before #8 got her 5th against the Cavs subs. The clock ran and it ended 19-7 or 18-7 as someone has to lose a goal. Snack bar and weather was fantastic. With the Rams 11-6 win over Sparty it will bring them to "The Pat" for another classic rubber match for the longest running rivalry in the Northern Region.
UnderArmourOdor

Re: Regional Championship -Round Three

Robo came to "The Pat" at a disadvantage having lost 1st Team All-Region Defender Jones who was knocked out by West Po on Monday with a concussion to add to their list of walking wounded. The first half was a back & forth affair with the Cavs scoring and the Rams answering until at 3-3 the Cavs scored on a Cuviello FPS followed by another Cav score to make it 5-3. With two minutes left Checko scored to make 5-4 at the half. The second half was a battle of each possession. The Cavs started winning the preponderance of Draws as both coaches matched new defenses versus each other. The Cavs got two more early and two late to go up 9-4 before having a 4 minute posssession to end the game. Both squads will play in the State Playoffs next week and can use a break after the Monday-Wednesday-Friday Regionals! Cavaliers notch their 11th Regional Championship so will host Oakton & Robo will trvel to Madison. Hopefully someone witnessed that game?
UrsineCanine

Re: 2023 Virginia Public GLax

Post by UrsineCanine »

Had the NFHS stream up (among other games), so I was checking in and out, so anyone with better story, please elaborate.

Madison opened with the lead, pulled it up to 7-2 by about 10 mins left in the 1st. Oakton went on a run to narrow it to 7-6 at the half.

Traded goals for the first fifteen or so of the second half, until Oakton had a chance to tie with a center hash FPS with 11 mins left. Tough to tell from the glare, but it was either wide or deflected, and possession went over to Madison.

After that, Madison stalled the rest of the game away. It was broken up with one pass picked off behind the goal, but by the time the NFHS cam caught up with Oakton's transition, Madison was bringing it back.

Madison was very disciplined during their stall. A few open runs at the goal available, and even an open look at the cage, but they didn't take the bait, and held the ball to close out the game 9-8.
VALaxer

Re: Occoquan Region Honors

Post by VALaxer »

Here is the Occoquan Region (Region C) Class 6 1st Team and Honorees as selected by the coaches and announced at the Region Championship game last night. I don’t have a full 2nd team list, so if you have and want to post, please do. Hopefully others can post the other regions to recognize these outstanding players.

1st Team All Region

Attack Mia Zganjar, Woodson, Senior
Attack Anna Checkosky, Robinson, Junior
Attack Lauren Padgett, Edison, Sophomore
Attack Jess Larkin, West Potomac, Junior

Midfield Reese Cuviello, Woodson, Junior
Midfield Rachel Margand, Edison, Junior
Midfield Caitlin Karnis, Robinson, Senior
Midfield Norah Kelaher, Justice, Sophomore

Defense Ava Nasse, Edison, Senior
Defense Emory Reed, West Potomac, Junior
Defense Caleigh Jones, Robinson, Junior
Defense Caitlin Tran, Woodson, Senior

Goalie Annalise Thaler, West Springfield, Senior

At-Large Genna Cooke, Woodson, Senior
At-Large Sadie Laughlin, Falls Church, Junior
At-Large Jordan Salisbury, South County, Senior

Player of the Year: Annalise Thaler, West Springfield, Senior

Co-Coach of the Year: Olivia Harpel, South County; Monica White, Justice
VALaxer

Indoor Double-header Semi-final Thursday

Post by VALaxer »

Sounds like both 6A semi-finals will be indoor today at the St James because of the air quality issues.

Robinson-Oakton at 12:30 and Colgan-Battlefield at 3:00. Best of luck to all teams.
ExLax

Post by ExLax »

Congratulations to both teams advancing!

VHSL STATE FINALS CHAMPIONSHIP: 6/10 @ 12:30p: Battlefield vs Oakton
Robolobo

Post by Robolobo »

Just wanted to drop a note on here congratulating Oakton on their state championship. We didn't give them our best game in the semi-finals, but they were deserving champs and were the best team I saw play this year in 6A so not sure it would've mattered. It was cool to be part of the first indoor HS playoff game in Virginia though. Thank you to the St James for stepping up.

Return to “HS GIRLS LACROSSE”