LaxCoach13

Re: UIndy??

Post by LaxCoach13 »

Any new developments on this?
Bart

Post by Bart »

What developments are you looking for?

Coach is gone. Two men's assistants are going to start out running fall ball. Job posted. Roster will be interesting to see. Hear one of the better attackers has left for greener pastures.......
LaxCoach13

Post by LaxCoach13 »

Bart wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 7:02 am What developments are you looking for?

Coach is gone. Two men's assistants are going to start out running fall ball. Job posted. Roster will be interesting to see. Hear one of the better attackers has left for greener pastures.......
thanks for the update, be interesting to see who is still there in the Spring
Bart

Post by Bart »

LaxCoach13 wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 2:11 pm
Bart wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 7:02 am What developments are you looking for?

thanks for the update, be interesting to see who is still there in the Spring
I think that is the million dollar question. I now hear there are now two gone. Both AA and both to D1 schools.
Justoldlaxdad

Post by Justoldlaxdad »

Heard they hired interim head coach
Bart

Post by Bart »

Asst coach lands at UConn.
Bart

Post by Bart »

Staff Directory has Erin Abbot-Gillin listed as Associate AD for Business Operations/SWA/Interim Women's Head Lacrosse Coach. She was an assistant for several years prior to going into the AD's office.
Justoldlaxdad

Post by Justoldlaxdad »

Anyone seen Indy this fall? If so, how do look as defending champs?
Bart

UIndy head coach named

Post by Bart »

Elaine Jones, former Head Coach at Longwood, is named UIndy Head Coach.

https://athletics.uindy.edu/sports/womens-lacrosse
LaxCoach13

Post by LaxCoach13 »

wow good hire for UIndy, should be a big difference in coaching style
Bart

Post by Bart »

LaxCoach13 wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:32 pm wow good hire for UIndy, should be a big difference in coaching style
Will be interesting to see how it pans out.
Bart

Post by Bart »

UIndy 3.0

https://www.usalaxmagazine.com/college/ ... st-turmoil

Wish them well.

Something caught my eye however...how can a player who is listed at an AA in 4 seasons have any eligibility left?
cltlax

Post by cltlax »

Bart wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:16 pm UIndy 3.0

Wish them well.

Something caught my eye however...how can a player who is listed at an AA in 4 seasons have any eligibility left?
Covid year?
Bart

Post by Bart »

cltlax wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:46 pm
Bart wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:16 pm UIndy 3.0

Wish them well.

Covid year?
Nope. All IWLCA
2018-third team
2019-second team
2021-first team
2022-first team

IDK. Just seems curious. Mistake on the list?
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

LaxCoach13 wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:32 pm wow good hire for UIndy, should be a big difference in coaching style
Define “good hire”. She was 68-97 at Longwood…
LaxCoach13

Post by LaxCoach13 »

LaxPundit07 wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 5:07 pm
Define “good hire”. She was 68-97 at Longwood…
I do not feel you can compare the two, UIndy is a well funded, supported program at a strong DII school, Longwood is a mid major where lacrosse is not their number one priority. She knows the game well, has coached at a good level and does not have the baggage or issues of the past. I am hoping she can connect with her players better and continue building that program
Bart

Post by Bart »

UIndy Head coaching position is open yet again.......

That is the third head coach in how many years?
Earth888

Post by Earth888 »

I came across this page while online today. As a recent player on the team it was interesting to read about the speculation going on about everything that has happened these past years. I can only talk to my personal experience, however I feel the need to share it in order to clear some things up.

I was recruited by James Delaney and played under him for multiple years. I played on the team during or 2021-22 natty season and was on the team when Elaine was our coach this past season. While James was a very tough coach to play under and had very very high standards for players on the team, I had a positive experience playing under him and I can only speak highly to how much he taught me and developed me as a player. Not every player responds to the same type of coaching style. It’s unfortunate that a small group who were leaving the team made a decision about what they thought was best for the girls who were staying without consulting them first. I think it’s very clear after looking at how many players entered the transfer portal after our coaches were fired that our coaches being fired was not a decision that reflected majority of the teams wishes. I am also extremely disappointed with how athletics went about handling the situation at the time. Luckily there has recently been positional changes in athletics and now consists of people who clearly prioritize listening to every voice that has an opinion on the subject. Before these new positions were filled UIndy athletics also scrambled to find us a head coach and stuck us with Elaine. She was completely not a fit for our team nor qualified to coach a National Championship team. Our values and standards were completely different than hers. Her goals did not align to the teams and after this season there were concerns that she was not capable of supporting and coaching the successful program we as players contributed to building over the past number of years.

While playing I’ve always had so much love and respect for my teammates. No one can truly understand our experiences unless they were there. I don’t think one off experiences should portray a negative light on my past seasons playing on the team. As it takes a very special bond and chemistry between a team and players to go all the way and win a National Title. For the future I hope UIndy finds coaches that can build this program back to what it was on track to be. The girls left on the team are amazing players and people. They deserve coaches that care and also coaches who have aligning values to what this program promises.
shootingspace

Post by shootingspace »

Thanks for the honesty. It is nice to hear both sides of the story.
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

Earth888 wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 8:23 pm I came across this page while online today. As a recent player on the team it was interesting to read about the speculation going on about everything that has happened these past years. I can only talk to my personal experience, however I feel the need to share it in order to clear some things up.

I was recruited by James Delaney and played under him for multiple years. I played on the team during or 2021-22 natty season and was on the team when Elaine was our coach this past season. While James was a very tough coach to play under and had very very high standards for players on the team, I had a positive experience playing under him and I can only speak highly to how much he taught me and developed me as a player. Not every player responds to the same type of coaching style. It’s unfortunate that a small group who were leaving the team made a decision about what they thought was best for the girls who were staying without consulting them first. I think it’s very clear after looking at how many players entered the transfer portal after our coaches were fired that our coaches being fired was not a decision that reflected majority of the teams wishes. I am also extremely disappointed with how athletics went about handling the situation at the time. Luckily there has recently been positional changes in athletics and now consists of people who clearly prioritize listening to every voice that has an opinion on the subject. Before these new positions were filled UIndy athletics also scrambled to find us a head coach and stuck us with Elaine. She was completely not a fit for our team nor qualified to coach a National Championship team. Our values and standards were completely different than hers. Her goals did not align to the teams and after this season there were concerns that she was not capable of supporting and coaching the successful program we as players contributed to building over the past number of years.

While playing I’ve always had so much love and respect for my teammates. No one can truly understand our experiences unless they were there. I don’t think one off experiences should portray a negative light on my past seasons playing on the team. As it takes a very special bond and chemistry between a team and players to go all the way and win a National Title. For the future I hope UIndy finds coaches that can build this program back to what it was on track to be. The girls left on the team are amazing players and people. They deserve coaches that care and also coaches who have aligning values to what this program promises.
Like I said when she was hired, it wasn’t a good fit. She was 68-97 at Longwood with nothing of note accomplished related to post season. More of the same at UC Davis before that. Why she was hired to coach a national championship team is beyond me….I am sorry to hear about the experience these kids have had over the past two years.

Return to “D2 WOMENS LACROSSE”