Looking for Charlottesville VA info

General Chatter
SCLaxAttack

Looking for Charlottesville VA info

Post by SCLaxAttack »

My son is being offered a position in the Charlottesville area. Can I get some insight from those who know re: better locations to live, best areas for schools (particularly elementary as their kids are 5 and 3), etc.?

If it matters in that area of VA, for insight they’re an outdoor family. Like to fish, hike, and target shoot. Both he and his wife are right leaning moderates on the political scale.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
youthathletics

Re: Looking for Charlottesville VA info

Post by youthathletics »

Sent a note to my cousins who have been there all their lives. I am sure they'll have any intel you are looking for. I share once I her back.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Spent a lot of time. It far away on the I81 corridor and in Harrisonburg Va so don’t know about the schools but from the limited description of them it might make sense to live a little west towards I81 and Skyline Dr or South on 29 towards Lynchburg which is a fairly conservative town but with some scale.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:53 pm My son is being offered a position in the Charlottesville area. Can I get some insight from those who know re: better locations to live, best areas for schools (particularly elementary as their kids are 5 and 3), etc.?

If it matters in that area of VA, for insight they’re an outdoor family. Like to fish, hike, and target shoot. Both he and his wife are right leaning moderates on the political scale.

Sent you a PM. My cousin sent me a long voice text, with her number and offered to talk with them and even meet them for lunch/dinner and tour the town is they'd like.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
DMac

Post by DMac »

Mighty nice of you and cous, youth.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3LQ-FReO7Q
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

Too bad there’s no lacrosse down there.
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 12:58 pm
SCLaxAttack wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:53 pm My son is being offered a position in the Charlottesville area. Can I get some insight from those who know re: better locations to live, best areas for schools (particularly elementary as their kids are 5 and 3), etc.?

Sent you a PM. My cousin sent me a long voice text, with her number and offered to talk with them and even meet them for lunch/dinner and tour the town is they'd like.
Nice, YA.
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

Indeed - threads like this make up for the stuff that goes on on the Politics threads.... :D
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......
LaxFan2000

Post by LaxFan2000 »

HooDat wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:00 am Indeed - threads like this make up for the stuff that goes on on the Politics threads.... :D
Amen.

Return to “GENERAL CHATTER”