I want a relationship, but...

General Chatter
luckypenguin

I want a relationship, but...

Post by luckypenguin »

I spend quite a lot of time playing games and for some reason girls don't like it. I think I know how to organize my time so that I have enough time to do everything. Am I really going to stay single?
OuttaNowhereWregget

Re: I want a relationship, but...

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

luckypenguin wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:56 am I spend quite a lot of time playing games and for some reason girls don't like it. I think I know how to organize my time so that I have enough time to do everything. Am I really going to stay single?
If you like doing what you want you might want to stay single. If you get in a relationship, more sacrifice of what you want to do for what she wants to do will be mandatory. That's just the way it is in a relationship. I've experienced both. I'm 60 this year and have been single for 10 years. It's the most peaceful and relaxed I've ever been. I do what I want, when I want and I don't answer to anyone. I can get up in the middle of the night, get a bowl of Rice Krispies, and put on a re-run of Barney Miller without having to be careful about waking anyone up, or best of all, no accusatory questions to answer: "What are you doing up?" "Why are you eating cereal at 3 in the morning?" "Why aren't you sleepy?" "What are you watching that for?" etc, etc, etc. Being in a relationship requires sacrifice. You have to weigh what's worth more to you--your single freedom or your coupled life of sacrifice. There are benefits in a relationship of course, but there are also self-denying obligations.

Anyway--just a few thoughts from a body who has experienced both.

Return to “GENERAL CHATTER”