The Hate Directed at the LGBTQ+

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
a fan

Re: The Hate Directed at the LGBTQ+

Post by a fan »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:38 pm The Far Right Is Spreading Misinformation Claiming the Lakewood Church Shooter Was Trans

The shooter was also being treated for schizophrenia, according to a Facebook post by her ex-mother-in-law, Rabbi Walli Carranza. Carranza described her as a “very sweet and loving woman,” and railed against the fact that Texas does not have a “red flag law” in place that would allow concerned family members to remove firearms from people believed to be a danger to themselves or others. The shooter legally purchased her AR-15 in December 2023, police said.

“[The shooter] had a particular kind of schizophrenia that caused her to become violent,” Carranza told KHOU, a CNN affiliate. “She threatened her husband, my own son, and we still couldn’t get intervention.”

Motive is still unclear, if there was one
I don't think you understand: the gays are comin' to git ya. And if you vote Republican, they'll make gays will go away.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Just putting this out there
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:02 pm
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:38 pm The Far Right Is Spreading Misinformation Claiming the Lakewood Church Shooter Was Trans

The shooter was also being treated for schizophrenia, according to a Facebook post by her ex-mother-in-law, Rabbi Walli Carranza. Carranza described her as a “very sweet and loving woman,” and railed against the fact that Texas does not have a “red flag law” in place that would allow concerned family members to remove firearms from people believed to be a danger to themselves or others. The shooter legally purchased her AR-15 in December 2023, police said.

“[The shooter] had a particular kind of schizophrenia that caused her to become violent,” Carranza told KHOU, a CNN affiliate. “She threatened her husband, my own son, and we still couldn’t get intervention.”

YA did his part.
Up are proving once again, to be a liar. I did no such thing, even made that clear.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:01 pm Lakewood Church Shooter: https://twitter.com/search?q=lakewood&src=typed_query
This was the first post on this topic, and you posted it in this thread, not threads that would have made more sense, whether guns or religion. Guns the most sense.

And the post thread contains various accusations re trans.

"Up are proving once again, to be a liar. I did no such thing, even made that clear."

How did you make clear that you weren't spreading misinformation?
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:51 pm

YA did his part.
Up are proving once again, to be a liar. I did no such thing, even made that clear.
You disseminated a link designed to foster divisiveness as it relates to the transgender community. These people want this information spread as far and wide as possible. Sharing the link does that. You may have been duped but you in fact have participated in spreading divisive rhetoric. You may have been duped or it just useful idiocy. I know what you said but actions speak louder.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Wait, YA passed along some right wing misinformation after a gun-related incident aimed at excoriating vulnerable LGBTQ people? Huh. Wow. Surprised.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:08 pm

YA did his part.
You disseminated a link designed to foster divisiveness as it relates to the transgender community. These people want this information spread as far and wide as possible. Sharing the link does that. You may have been duped but you in fact have participated in spreading divisive rhetoric. You may have been duped or it just useful idiocy. I know what you said but actions speak louder.
My Twitter (X) Link was a query for the Keyword "LakeWood". I also posted the same thing in the Religion Thread: viewtopic.php?p=518406#p518406

See how hateful you guys are, and inept on how Social Media works.....not get off my lawn old man. :lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:31 pm

YA did his part.
My Twitter (X) Link was a query for the Keyword "LakeWood". I also posted the same thing in the Religion Thread: https://fanlax.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=518406#p518406

See how hateful you guys are, and inept on how Social Media works.....not get off my lawn old man. :lol:
Since I have to check you like I do some other “deceptive” guys….

I posted that CNN story to the religion thread on Sunday 2/11 at 6:52…. The first reply was INDEED by our man of the cloth on Monday 2/12 at 2:02…. In the religion thread…..in response to my post of the CNN story…..however this was AFTER Father Athletic posted the the site formerly known as Twitter chum link to the LBGTQ site on 2/12 at 2:01. The time stamp is all there. I am surprised a man of the cloth wouldn’t see this as a religious story….that’s how I saw it……

old salt

Post by old salt »

Did the shooter ever self-identify as male ? If so, which letter should apply ? G ? B ? T ? Q ?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:17 pm

YA did his part.
My Twitter (X) Link was a query for the Keyword "LakeWood". I also posted the same thing in the Religion Thread: viewtopic.php?p=518406#p518406

I posted that CNN story to the religion thread on Sunday 2/11 at 6:52…. The first reply was INDEED by our man of the cloth on Monday 2/12 at 2:02…. In the religion thread…..in response to my post of the CNN story…..however this was AFTER Father Athletic posted the the site formerly known as Twitter chum link to the LBGTQ site on 2/12 at 2:01. The time stamp is all there. I am surprised a man of the cloth wouldn’t see this as a religious story….that’s how I saw it……

A simple apology or even a (my bad) would have been far easier on your part. To go to the lengths you did to try and argue your case shows a piss poor attempt at saving your ego and credibility. I still love you, though….at least you try. 😂😂
~Livy
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:11 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:17 pm

YA did his part.

A simple apology or even a (my bad) would have been far easier on your part. To go to the lengths you did to try and argue your case shows a tick poor attempt at saving your ego and credibility. I still love you, though….at least you try. 😂😂
That is how you see the above?
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:31 pm My Twitter (X) Link was a query for the Keyword "LakeWood". I also posted the same thing in the Religion Thread: viewtopic.php?p=518406#p518406

lol. Why would you post a link to a lakewood search in the LGBTQ thread if there wasn't something related to the shooter being LGBTQ in your link?
NattyBohChamps04

The sad result of stirring up the hatred.

Teenager charged with attempted murder after transgender girl stabbed 14 times at party

The victim, 18, was attending a roller-skating party with friends when she was allegedly attacked by a group and subjected to slurs, it is said.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

a fan wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:55 pm

I don't think you understand: the gays are comin' to git ya. And if you vote Republican, they'll make gays will go away.
I remember as a yute when gay people were happy people.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:02 pm
youthathletics wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:01 pm Lakewood Church Shooter: https://twitter.com/search?q=lakewood&src=typed_query
This was the first post on this topic, and you posted it in this thread, not threads that would have made more sense, whether guns or religion. Guns the most sense.

"Up are proving once again, to be a liar. I did no such thing, even made that clear."

I don't understand why you (youth) posted this here if not referencing something thread topic related. I don't see that explained...and now Salty's getting in on the 'fun'...also predictable.

What did you "even" make "clear""?
Typical Lax Dad

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:27 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:02 pm

I don't understand why you (youth) posted this here if not referencing something thread topic related. I don't see that explained...and now Salty's getting in on the 'fun'...also predictable.

What did you "even" make "clear""?
He posted it to this forum first….speaks to his state of mind. He then went over to the Sensible Gun chat….
NattyBohChamps04

More sad results of stirring up the hatred.

Owasso awaits answers in death of nonbinary student as officials warn of misinformation

Apparently they were born female and were figuring out who they were. Died a day after getting beaten up in a school bathroom. A lot of unanswered questions and possible negligence by the school.

Wonder how many kids are gonna end up attacked or dead this year?
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Maybe when there is a widespread permission structure in place, this is one of the outputs?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... dict-died/

"What is known with certainty in Owasso, Okla., is that a 16-year-old is dead.

Nex Benedict collapsed the day after an altercation in a girls’ bathroom at the public high school they attended, a school where relatives say the 10th-grader, who used they/them pronouns, had been bullied for being nonbinary.

Beyond that are the unknowns, as well as soul-searching, pain and accusations.

“Whether Nex died as a direct result of injuries sustained in the brutal hate-motivated attack at school or not, Nex’s death is a result of being the target of physical and emotional harm because of who Nex was,” the LGBTQ advocacy group Freedom Oklahoma declared Monday.

Owasso is a Tulsa suburb of about 40,000 in the northeast corner of Oklahoma, a conservative state where LGBTQ issues are lightning rods of controversy.

Last year, Republican Gov. Kevin Stitt signed an executive order defining an individual’s sex as the “biological sex” at birth. Laws took effect requiring students to use bathrooms that match their sex assigned at birth and restricting gender-affirming care for trans youths.

This year, legislators already have proposed more than 50 anti-LGBTQ+ laws — more than any other state, according to the ACLU.

The man who heads public education in Oklahoma is also a vocal critic of LGBTQ rights. Superintendent Ryan Walters appointed Chaya Raichik — the conservative activist behind Libs of TikTok, which has targeted LGBTQ-friendly teachers at Owasso schools — to a state library advisory board.

“Our hearts go out to Nex’s family, classmates, and the Owasso community,” Stitt said in a statement Tuesday. “The death of any child in an Oklahoma school is a tragedy — and bullies must be held accountable.”

It was a day of multiple statements. The one from the school district provided some background: The fight on Feb. 7 involved several students at the high school. It was broken up by other students and a staff member. All of those involved “walked under their own power to the assistant principal’s office and nurse’s office” and, per “district protocols,” were evaluated by the nurse.

Officials did not summon an ambulance or police, in keeping with those protocols, the statement said. However, it continued, “out of an abundance of caution, it was recommended to one parent that their student visit a medical facility for further examination.”

One of Nex’s cousins filled in details from there. Sue Benedict picked her grandchild up from school on that Wednesday and took Nex to a hospital for an MRI given the bad facial bruises and scratches she saw, Victoria “Tori” Broene recounted. Benedict, who had adopted Nex, contacted police to report what had happened at the high school, Broene said.

The next morning, Nex collapsed at home and Benedict rushed them back to the hospital.

Owasso police said Tuesday that results of an autopsy are pending. Officials are also awaiting a toxicology report before deciding whether to refer the case to the Tulsa district attorney’s office for potential charges, according to Lt. Nick Boatman.

Unlike federal law, Oklahoma law does not address hate crimes based on gender identity or sexual orientation.

“It is not known at this time if the death is related to the incident at the school or not,” police said in a statement. “We can assure everyone that this incident is being taken seriously and is being investigated thoroughly.”

Nex’s death is reverberating in LGBTQ communities across Oklahoma, particularly among youths.

A hotline run by the Indianapolis-based Rainbow Youth Project received 237 calls from Oklahoma over the weekend, founder Lance Preston said, nearly three times what it logs in an average week. Two-thirds of the callers mentioned Nex’s death. More than 80 percent said they were victims of bullying at school or on social media.

“There’s a real fear,” Preston said. “We already have kids who are reporting they don’t want to go back to school. Even though there’s not a lot of information available still, there’s that fear: ‘Oh my goodness, they killed that student because they were nonbinary. What’s going to happen when I go to use the bathroom?’”

Kylan Durant, president of the Oklahoma Pride Alliance, pushed back against those who said Nex’s gender identity wasn’t relevant. And he issued a pointed challenge to the state schools superintendent and other top officials.

“Our community is saying, ‘Hey, Ryan Walters: This is what happens when you spew violent rhetoric,’” Durant said. “This happened in a red state where all of these laws and these leaders are saying terrible things about queer people and kids. Can we not draw a line and acknowledge that stuff like this happens because of that?”

Though the governor’s statement urged the Owasso police and Owasso High School “to be forthcoming and transparent with the public,” authorities have not disclosed how many students were involved in the altercation, what those who helped break it up said they found when they entered the bathroom and whether students were suspended.

Despite the “speculation and misinformation surrounding the case,” the school district said the details it could share were limited because of the police investigation and federal privacy laws.

“We recognize the impact that this event has had on the entire school community,” its statement noted Tuesday, “and it is our priority to foster an environment where everyone feels heard, supported, and safe.”

But Nex’s family wants answers.

“I hate that they keep putting out that we don’t know if this was a result of the fight,” said Nex’s aunt, Ashley Rutledge.

When she picked Nex up from school that afternoon, Benedict told the Independent, a British newspaper, Nex described how three older girls had gone after them and a transgender student in the bathroom, knocking Nex down and hitting their head on the floor. According to Benedict, the school had immediately suspended Nex for two weeks. She was furious that no one had called ambulance or police.

“What parent wouldn’t be?” Broene, Nex’s cousin, asked Tuesday. “Everyone’s really upset about that.”

The family has hired a Tulsa attorney, who plans to meet with them Wednesday. Broene wants to know what images hallway security cameras may have captured when her cousin emerged from the bathroom — and whether Nex was indeed able to walk unassisted.

“I would really just like to see the camera footage,” she said.

Broene lives across the state line in Arkansas. She tried to get to the hospital in time on Feb. 8, but by the time she arrived, her cousin was “already gone.”

Instead, she spoke at Nex’s funeral last Thursday, along with her mother and Benedict. Nex’s biological mother was among the mourners; their father, who is in prison for abuse, was not.

The trio described Nex as a straight-A student, a nature and animal lover who was devoted to a cat named Zeus. The teen was a fan of the Walking Dead and video games such as Minecraft. Like the family, Nex embraced their Choctaw roots.

“Out of respect, I’ll be referring to them as they wanted to be,” Broene told her family, some of whom knew Nex by their birth name, Dagny. “Nex’s life was hard … This tragic loss has left many of us with a deep sense of void.”

The simple, closed-casket service was emotional. Afterward, the small funeral procession wound through the town escorted by Owasso police and nearly three dozen motorcyclists from Bikers Against Child Abuse — an organization that had meant a lot to Nex.

A GoFundMe created to help the family defray the funeral costs has raised more than $50,000. Benedict posted an update on the page on Tuesday: “The rest of monies will go to other children dealing with the right to be who they feel they are, in Nex Benedict’s name.”
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:47 am Maybe when there is a widespread permission structure in place, this is one of the outputs?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... dict-died/

"What is known with certainty in Owasso, Okla., is that a 16-year-old is dead.

Nex Benedict collapsed the day after an altercation in a girls’ bathroom at the public high school they attended, a school where relatives say the 10th-grader, who used they/them pronouns, had been bullied for being nonbinary.

Beyond that are the unknowns, as well as soul-searching, pain and accusations.

“Whether Nex died as a direct result of injuries sustained in the brutal hate-motivated attack at school or not, Nex’s death is a result of being the target of physical and emotional harm because of who Nex was,” the LGBTQ advocacy group Freedom Oklahoma declared Monday.

Owasso is a Tulsa suburb of about 40,000 in the northeast corner of Oklahoma, a conservative state where LGBTQ issues are lightning rods of controversy.

Last year, Republican Gov. Kevin Stitt signed an executive order defining an individual’s sex as the “biological sex” at birth. Laws took effect requiring students to use bathrooms that match their sex assigned at birth and restricting gender-affirming care for trans youths.

This year, legislators already have proposed more than 50 anti-LGBTQ+ laws — more than any other state, according to the ACLU.

The man who heads public education in Oklahoma is also a vocal critic of LGBTQ rights. Superintendent Ryan Walters appointed Chaya Raichik — the conservative activist behind Libs of TikTok, which has targeted LGBTQ-friendly teachers at Owasso schools — to a state library advisory board.

“Our hearts go out to Nex’s family, classmates, and the Owasso community,” Stitt said in a statement Tuesday. “The death of any child in an Oklahoma school is a tragedy — and bullies must be held accountable.”

It was a day of multiple statements. The one from the school district provided some background: The fight on Feb. 7 involved several students at the high school. It was broken up by other students and a staff member. All of those involved “walked under their own power to the assistant principal’s office and nurse’s office” and, per “district protocols,” were evaluated by the nurse.

Officials did not summon an ambulance or police, in keeping with those protocols, the statement said. However, it continued, “out of an abundance of caution, it was recommended to one parent that their student visit a medical facility for further examination.”

One of Nex’s cousins filled in details from there. Sue Benedict picked her grandchild up from school on that Wednesday and took Nex to a hospital for an MRI given the bad facial bruises and scratches she saw, Victoria “Tori” Broene recounted. Benedict, who had adopted Nex, contacted police to report what had happened at the high school, Broene said.

The next morning, Nex collapsed at home and Benedict rushed them back to the hospital.

Owasso police said Tuesday that results of an autopsy are pending. Officials are also awaiting a toxicology report before deciding whether to refer the case to the Tulsa district attorney’s office for potential charges, according to Lt. Nick Boatman.

Unlike federal law, Oklahoma law does not address hate crimes based on gender identity or sexual orientation.

“It is not known at this time if the death is related to the incident at the school or not,” police said in a statement. “We can assure everyone that this incident is being taken seriously and is being investigated thoroughly.”

Nex’s death is reverberating in LGBTQ communities across Oklahoma, particularly among youths.

A hotline run by the Indianapolis-based Rainbow Youth Project received 237 calls from Oklahoma over the weekend, founder Lance Preston said, nearly three times what it logs in an average week. Two-thirds of the callers mentioned Nex’s death. More than 80 percent said they were victims of bullying at school or on social media.

“There’s a real fear,” Preston said. “We already have kids who are reporting they don’t want to go back to school. Even though there’s not a lot of information available still, there’s that fear: ‘Oh my goodness, they killed that student because they were nonbinary. What’s going to happen when I go to use the bathroom?’”

Kylan Durant, president of the Oklahoma Pride Alliance, pushed back against those who said Nex’s gender identity wasn’t relevant. And he issued a pointed challenge to the state schools superintendent and other top officials.

“Our community is saying, ‘Hey, Ryan Walters: This is what happens when you spew violent rhetoric,’” Durant said. “This happened in a red state where all of these laws and these leaders are saying terrible things about queer people and kids. Can we not draw a line and acknowledge that stuff like this happens because of that?”

Though the governor’s statement urged the Owasso police and Owasso High School “to be forthcoming and transparent with the public,” authorities have not disclosed how many students were involved in the altercation, what those who helped break it up said they found when they entered the bathroom and whether students were suspended.

Despite the “speculation and misinformation surrounding the case,” the school district said the details it could share were limited because of the police investigation and federal privacy laws.

“We recognize the impact that this event has had on the entire school community,” its statement noted Tuesday, “and it is our priority to foster an environment where everyone feels heard, supported, and safe.”

But Nex’s family wants answers.

“I hate that they keep putting out that we don’t know if this was a result of the fight,” said Nex’s aunt, Ashley Rutledge.

When she picked Nex up from school that afternoon, Benedict told the Independent, a British newspaper, Nex described how three older girls had gone after them and a transgender student in the bathroom, knocking Nex down and hitting their head on the floor. According to Benedict, the school had immediately suspended Nex for two weeks. She was furious that no one had called ambulance or police.

“What parent wouldn’t be?” Broene, Nex’s cousin, asked Tuesday. “Everyone’s really upset about that.”

The family has hired a Tulsa attorney, who plans to meet with them Wednesday. Broene wants to know what images hallway security cameras may have captured when her cousin emerged from the bathroom — and whether Nex was indeed able to walk unassisted.

“I would really just like to see the camera footage,” she said.

Broene lives across the state line in Arkansas. She tried to get to the hospital in time on Feb. 8, but by the time she arrived, her cousin was “already gone.”

Instead, she spoke at Nex’s funeral last Thursday, along with her mother and Benedict. Nex’s biological mother was among the mourners; their father, who is in prison for abuse, was not.

The trio described Nex as a straight-A student, a nature and animal lover who was devoted to a cat named Zeus. The teen was a fan of the Walking Dead and video games such as Minecraft. Like the family, Nex embraced their Choctaw roots.

“Out of respect, I’ll be referring to them as they wanted to be,” Broene told her family, some of whom knew Nex by their birth name, Dagny. “Nex’s life was hard … This tragic loss has left many of us with a deep sense of void.”

The simple, closed-casket service was emotional. Afterward, the small funeral procession wound through the town escorted by Owasso police and nearly three dozen motorcyclists from Bikers Against Child Abuse — an organization that had meant a lot to Nex.

A GoFundMe created to help the family defray the funeral costs has raised more than $50,000. Benedict posted an update on the page on Tuesday: “The rest of monies will go to other children dealing with the right to be who they feel they are, in Nex Benedict’s name.”
“The man who heads public education in Oklahoma is also a vocal critic of LGBTQ rights. Superintendent Ryan Walters appointed Chaya Raichik — the conservative activist behind Libs of TikTok, which has targeted LGBTQ-friendly teachers at Owasso schools — to a state library advisory board.”

More family values and sanctity of children?

Thanks for encouraging these human vermin to crawl out from under their rocks, Donald.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM

Return to “POLITICS”