OuttaNowhereWregget--Redux

D1 Womens Lacrosse
Seacoaster(1)

Re: OuttaNowhereWregget--Redux

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

DMac wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:54 am Could live with that, there's always pot and music. :mrgreen:
Perfect.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Re: Score One for the Defense

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:37 am I've been meaning to post this since I noticed it way back in February. NU senior defender Kendall Halpern just masterful in drawing/contriving the charge/foul on SU's Adamson. A defender's studied and practiced art. I like that its success fires her up--the stick slam clear evidence. I'm sure it doesn't work every time. The ref might even have called a flop here. But 24 pulled it off to perfection in this instance. The end result? Foul/turnover on Adamson at 13:48 of 1st period. Down the other end, a Northwestern goal--Izzy to Erin--Wildcats 2 Orange 0 12:55.
Every once in a while, I'll take a cat curiosity peek thinking a given Pay No Minder might be saying something objective (read: doesn't involve me), but then I find, once again unfortunately, that they have rightfully earned their place on the ignore list.

Case in point--laxer12's measured comments above.

A while back, a poster used the phrase a careful reading in response to a similarly miscomprehended sentiment. It's a great way to put it – a careful reading.

Obviously, laxer12 (and the paranoid doctor from the other day) didn't give careful readings to what they knee-jerk responded to.

I'll walk the reading comprehension challenged through the whole of my thoughts, in turn.

First of all--let's look up the word contrived, shall we?

Con·trived /kənˈtrīvd/ adjective; Deliberately created rather than arising naturally or spontaneously.

Okay--we clear on that? Still NO? I'll break it down even further. It means faked.

Let's look at the rest of the language I chose to describe my perspective on the play:

I'm sure it doesn't work every time. The ref might even have called a flop here. But 24 pulled it off to perfection in this instance.

Does that sound like someone who thought it was a legitimate charge by Adamson? You better picking up what I'm laying down, laxer12? Still NO? I'll break it down even further--Halpern faked being on the receiving end of the charge. She initiated the contact by bumping her lower body into Adamson, creating the contact, then falling to the ground to get the foul call going the other way. She disguised it so well that it fooled the ref who made the call.

If you had given a careful reading to my post, you would have realized that you and I are in total agreement in this instance.

As to the incident alluded to from the other day, that also clearly depicted a knee-jerk, paranoid reaction--rather than a reasonable response after a careful reading. But I'll spell it out: Saying a person sounds like a fuddy-duddy does not constitute accusing them of being a fuddy-duddy.

Class dismissed--

Go ye, and knee-jerk no more.
Brownlax

Post by Brownlax »

LaxDadMax wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:53 pm
DMac wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:41 am Definitely looks likes like a charge to me, doesn't even really look like a close call.
its a bang-bang play, but definitely a charge from my perspective.

Biggest reason imo for a charge call is that Adamson lowered her shoulder right ahead of contact. That's a point of emphasis this year, if a offensive player changes shoulder upon contact, refs are calling it a charge.
Halpern was a top-notch basketball player in HS. She is fearless and she has no regard for her body. She will take the charge all day long. Part of the reason why she is a All- Big Ten
NULax2

Post by NULax2 »

Brownlax wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:45 pm
LaxDadMax wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:53 pm
DMac wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:41 am Definitely looks likes like a charge to me, doesn't even really look like a close call.
its a bang-bang play, but definitely a charge from my perspective.

Biggest reason imo for a charge call is that Adamson lowered her shoulder right ahead of contact. That's a point of emphasis this year, if a offensive player changes shoulder upon contact, refs are calling it a charge.
Halpern was a top-notch basketball player in HS. She is fearless and she has no regard for her body. She will take the charge all day long. Part of the reason why she is a All- Big Ten
And she was just added to the Tewaaraton watch list
OuttaNowhereWregget

As is often heard on The Meg Show...

Win the draw, you might win the game.

intheknow247

Re: As is often heard on The Meg Show...

Post by intheknow247 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 2:46 pm Win the draw, you might win the game.

Well...Northwestern was 2-5 on FPS. They need to make those other 3 and they just obviously win the game!
laxer12

Post by laxer12 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:35 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:37 am I've been meaning to post this since I noticed it way back in February. NU senior defender Kendall Halpern just masterful in drawing/contriving the charge/foul on SU's Adamson. A defender's studied and practiced art. I like that its success fires her up--the stick slam clear evidence. I'm sure it doesn't work every time. The ref might even have called a flop here. But 24 pulled it off to perfection in this instance. The end result? Foul/turnover on Adamson at 13:48 of 1st period. Down the other end, a Northwestern goal--Izzy to Erin--Wildcats 2 Orange 0 12:55.
Every once in a while, I'll take a cat curiosity peek thinking a given Pay No Minder might be saying something objective (read: doesn't involve me), but then I find, once again unfortunately, that they have rightfully earned their place on the ignore list.

A while back, a poster used the phrase a careful reading in response to a similarly miscomprehended sentiment. It's a great way to put it – a careful reading.

Obviously, laxer12 (and the paranoid doctor from the other day) didn't give careful readings to what they knee-jerk responded to.

I'll walk the reading comprehension challenged through the whole of my thoughts, in turn.

Con·trived /kənˈtrīvd/ adjective; Deliberately created rather than arising naturally or spontaneously.

Okay--we clear on that? Still NO? I'll break it down even further. It means faked.

Let's look at the rest of the language I chose to describe my perspective on the play:

I'm sure it doesn't work every time. The ref might even have called a flop here. But 24 pulled it off to perfection in this instance.

Does that sound like someone who thought it was a legitimate charge by Adamson? You better picking up what I'm laying down, laxer12? Still NO? I'll break it down even further--Halpern faked being on the receiving end of the charge. She initiated the contact by bumping her lower body into Adamson, creating the contact, then falling to the ground to get the foul call going the other way. She disguised it so well that it fooled the ref who made the call.

If you had given a careful reading to my post, you would have realized that you and I are in total agreement in this instance.

As to the incident alluded to from the other day, that also clearly depicted a knee-jerk, paranoid reaction--rather than a reasonable response after a careful reading. But I'll spell it out: Saying a person sounds like a fuddy-duddy does not constitute accusing them of being a fuddy-duddy.

Class dismissed--

I don't give a s*** if you have me on your "Pay no minder" list. At the rate you're going, you'll have well over half the commentators on here on that list.

I will ALWAYS call out your narcissism and your hypercritical, extremely antagonizing posts.... especially when it comes to my favorite lacrosse team and its players. Lately what I found most humorous was you saying you now respect Syracuse's Meaghan Tyrrell and really enjoy "The Meg Show". And then, maybe a week later, immediately bashing her as nothing but a flopper and devaluing her as a top player during her time at Cuse. Gotta say, your back and forth nature of being somewhat decent and/or respectful and then immediately following it up with a highly unnecessary, offensive comment/post has pretty much become synonymous with your character. And yet you wonder why people have an issue with you.

Resorting to memes and other childish responses when you know you've lost the argument further solidifies your status as a grade-A narcissist.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Re: As is often heard on The Meg Show...

intheknow247 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 3:54 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 2:46 pm Win the draw, you might win the game.
Well...Northwestern was 2-5 on FPS. They need to make those other 3 and they just obviously win the game!
Precisely!--which reinforces the point: Winning the draw alone does not insure victory. Other factors are involved. That's why the saying Win The Draw Win The Game is nonsense--though still often parroted.
Red4Life

Post by Red4Life »

laxer12 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:19 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:35 pm

Class dismissed--

I don't give a s*** if you have me on your "Pay no minder" list. At the rate you're going, you'll have well over half the commentators on here on that list.

I will ALWAYS call out your narcissism and your hypercritical, extremely antagonizing posts.... especially when it comes to my favorite lacrosse team and its players. Lately what I found most humorous was you saying you now respect Syracuse's Meaghan Tyrrell and really enjoy "The Meg Show". And then, maybe a week later, immediately bashing her as nothing but a flopper and devaluing her as a top player during her time at Cuse. Gotta say, your back and forth nature of being somewhat decent and/or respectful and then immediately following it up with a highly unnecessary, offensive comment/post has pretty much become synonymous with your character. And yet you wonder why people have an issue with you.

Resorting to memes and other childish responses when you know you've lost the argument further solidifies your status as a grade-A narcissist.

Good god - You guys need to take up golf or fishing or something relaxing that releases some of the antagonistic hostility that comes thru when you guys start typing ! 🤣🤣🍷🍷
Red4Life

Post by Red4Life »

This is Women’s College Lacrosse - no one’s splitting any atoms or curing cancer out there……yet! Gotta admit - I like the Northwestern squads chances of doing just that down the road!
Red4Life

Post by Red4Life »

Oh - and for what it’s worth / the defender flopped - but flopped to perfection!🤣🤣
OuttaNowhereWregget

Red4Life wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 5:39 pm Oh - and for what it’s worth / the defender flopped - but flopped to perfection!🤣🤣
Agreed. My whole point from the beginning. Thanks for weighing in.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Don't waste your keystrokes, laxer12. Ain't nobody named OuttaNowhereWregget readin' it.

laxer12

Post by laxer12 »

[/quote]"Resorting to memes and other childish responses when you know you've lost the argument further solidifies your status as a grade-A narcissist."

I rest my case lol.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Critical moment in Virginia vs Syracuse game

A team simply cannot turn the ball over so carelessly. Hurt the Cavs on multiple levels.

OuttaNowhereWregget

Is Madison Taylor a Flopper?

To the (jealous? envious?) folks (which includes on-field opponents) complaining about Madison Taylor falling down too easily this year, you might factor a few production numbers into the equation. So far this season, Taylor leads the team in points with 55, of which 37 are goals and 18 are assists. She's 18 of 27 on free position for a not too shabby .667 percentage. DMac might not be impressed due to his high (and not unreasonable in my estimation) standard but still, pretty good rate of conversion. She's also tallied 7 GB's, 6 CT's and 32 DC's to round out her contribution to the team.

So, you detractors, you among the envious--go ahead on with your flop talk. A player of Madison Taylor's worth can fall down on my team All. She. Wants. when she puts up numbers consistently the way she does and the way she has done since she first stepped foot on the college playing field. Oh--and she can make plays like this. You know you'd love to have her on your team--flops and all.

Womenslaxxfan

Re: Is Madison Taylor a Flopper?

Post by Womenslaxxfan »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 5:07 am To the (jealous? envious?) folks (which includes on-field opponents) complaining about Madison Taylor falling down too easily this year, you might factor a few production numbers into the equation. So far this season, Taylor leads the team in points with 55, of which 37 are goals and 18 are assists. She's 18 of 27 on free position for a not too shabby .667 percentage. DMac might not be impressed due to his high (and not unreasonable in my estimation) standard but still, pretty good rate of conversion. She's also tallied 7 GB's, 6 CT's and 32 DC's to round out her contribution to the team.

So, you detractors, you among the envious--go ahead on with your flop talk. A player of Madison Taylor's worth can fall down on my team All. She. Wants. when she puts up numbers consistently the way she does and the way she has done since she first stepped foot on the college playing field. Oh--and she can make plays like this. You know you'd love to have her on your team--flops and all.

Is she an extremely talented player? Yes. Does the have a great compete level? Yes. Does she embellish more than I think many posters find seemly? Yes.
Would I take her on my team? For sure…
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

The fact that she is so talented is why it’s so frustrating she’s on the ground so much. She goes down as soon as she’s touched. Opposing teams literally have a scout team player falling down in practice constantly to prepare for it. She doesn’t need to do that to put up points. She is great on FPs and she benefits from those calls when they’re made. She gets them at home. When she doesn’t get them as at PSU she just looks silly on the ground begging for calls. Don’t take advantage of the way the game is officiated. Just play the game.
Womenslaxxfan

Post by Womenslaxxfan »

hmmm wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:19 pm The fact that she is so talented is why it’s so frustrating she’s on the ground so much. She goes down as soon as she’s touched. Opposing teams literally have a scout team player falling down in practice constantly to prepare for it. She doesn’t need to do that to put up points. She is great on FPs and she benefits from those calls when they’re made. She gets them at home. When she doesn’t get them as at PSU she just looks silly on the ground begging for calls. Don’t take advantage of the way the game is officiated. Just play the game.
Agreed. And I’d still take her on my team!!!
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

Womenslaxxfan wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:21 pm
hmmm wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:19 pm The fact that she is so talented is why it’s so frustrating she’s on the ground so much. She goes down as soon as she’s touched. Opposing teams literally have a scout team player falling down in practice constantly to prepare for it. She doesn’t need to do that to put up points. She is great on FPs and she benefits from those calls when they’re made. She gets them at home. When she doesn’t get them as at PSU she just looks silly on the ground begging for calls. Don’t take advantage of the way the game is officiated. Just play the game.
Agreed. And I’d still take her on my team!!!
Without question.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”