York 2023

D3 Mens Lacrosse
Bigdawg69

Re: York 2023

Post by Bigdawg69 »

Anyone know if Harnick will return?

York is well set up. My goodness is the current soph class talented. Mayer, Townsend, Burbank…
Asgot

Post by Asgot »

There are some rumor to that effect as well as some others.
Noz

Post by Noz »

FYI: It looks like York will be getting the best middie from Mary Washington, Keough, in the transfer portal. Great kid!!!
AbeFroeman

Post by AbeFroeman »

Looking at next season.

I see 16 incoming freshman. 12 short poles. 2 long poles. One goalie and one fogo.

If all grads and seniors leave, and everyone else returns, York would have

16 freshman 12 short , 2 long, 1 fogo, 1 goalie
11 sophomores 5 short, 3 long, 2 fogo, 1 goalie
14 Juniors 8 short, 4 long, 1 fogo, 1 goalie
9 seniors 5 short, 3 long, 1 goalie

30 short poles, 12 long poles, 4 fogo and 4 goalies
50 total

Compared to this season, York had: 23 short, 14 long, 4 fogo and 4 goalie. 45 total

As for the older players. I have no info on this, just speculating. Someone said there are rumors of a few grads being on the roster next year. Looking at the 3 grads from last year. They all should have another year left if they wanted. Just my guess, but with all the awards going to Clark, I would suspect he is done. Who knows about the other two
As for the graduating seniors, all 8 have eligibility. Any of them could return. The only graduating senior I would not expect to return is the goalie. If we look at the max, there is a potential for 9 additional players totaling 59. Seems too high. York was slightly above 50 to start last fall, and the numbers ended with 45. They can’t fit 59 on a bus for fall scrimmages. So something has to give.

I am sure some grads will come back. And some under grads and incoming freshman won’t be here. Will be interesting to see how it shakes out
AbeFroeman

Post by AbeFroeman »

Noz wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 7:34 am FYI: It looks like York will be getting the best middie from Mary Washington, Keough, in the transfer portal. Great kid!!!
This will be interesting. A grad transfer.
Asgot

Post by Asgot »

That would be an interesting addition to those kids coming back
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

MacAttack wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 11:07 am I don't know if it's fair to say that York fell short of expectations this year. It wasn't long ago that all the talk was that York would not be able to replace pieces of the puzzle that they lost last year…
Of last year’s starters, they lost; four year starting goalie, and their winningest on team record, AA Jack Michael, 2/3 of their starting close D including drafted pro AA Ryan Kennedy, 2/3 of their starting midfield including AA Dylan Wolf, 1/3 of their starting attack in staple Eric Ranck. While we’re at, it toss in AA SSDM, and team Captain, Noah Bruno grad-transferring to RIT to play with his 2 brothers. To say they lost pieces is an understatement.

Even having lost all of those assets, they went on to play what many considered to be one of the toughest OOC schedules going into this year, ending up 15-6, conference champions, and with a sweet 16 berth. Their goal differential vs top 20 teams was a +3. Take off outliers of +11 vs under-whelming Ursinus and -15 to generational buzz-saw Tufts, and they’re at +7.

If you’re going to try to be the best, you have to try to play the best. Unfortunately sometimes that means taking some losses along the way. Regardless, trips up to RIT and Tufts, as well as facing Amherst at the Mustang have continued to grow the brand. The next incoming class alone includes players from NE boarding schools in NH and ME, as well as from Western NY. 14 players from 9 different states.

This year was far more successful than the W / L column would indicate.
Noz wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 7:34 am FYI: It looks like York will be getting the best middie from Mary Washington, Keough, in the transfer portal. Great kid!!!
Makes sense. He played with Blackmon through HS and in club. Guess that gives a pretty strong indication on Blackmon’s added eligibility use status as well.
MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
Asgot

Post by Asgot »

AbeFroeman wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 8:34 am Looking at next season.

I see 16 incoming freshman. 12 short poles. 2 long poles. One goalie and one fogo.

If all grads and seniors leave, and everyone else returns, York would have

16 freshman 12 short , 2 long, 1 fogo, 1 goalie
11 sophomores 5 short, 3 long, 2 fogo, 1 goalie
14 Juniors 8 short, 4 long, 1 fogo, 1 goalie
9 seniors 5 short, 3 long, 1 goalie

30 short poles, 12 long poles, 4 fogo and 4 goalies
50 total

Compared to this season, York had: 23 short, 14 long, 4 fogo and 4 goalie. 45 total

As for the older players. I have no info on this, just speculating. Someone said there are rumors of a few grads being on the roster next year. Looking at the 3 grads from last year. They all should have another year left if they wanted. Just my guess, but with all the awards going to Clark, I would suspect he is done. Who knows about the other two
As for the graduating seniors, all 8 have eligibility. Any of them could return. The only graduating senior I would not expect to return is the goalie. If we look at the max, there is a potential for 9 additional players totaling 59. Seems too high. York was slightly above 50 to start last fall, and the numbers ended with 45. They can’t fit 59 on a bus for fall scrimmages. So something has to give.

I am sure some grads will come back. And some undergrads and incoming freshman won’t be here. Will be interesting to see how it shakes out
I would imagine that there is some attrition from this team (I don't have any actual knowledge of any at this point). you could possibly see 2-3 freshman leave, and 2-3 newcomers possible not make it to campus. !2 seems like a low number of poles so it is also possible that you see and addition or two from the portal. Also heard a rumor that a player who got a good amount of playing time is considering transferring, but that is just a rumor at this point and we see a lot of those at this time of the year. it is interesting to look at who could come back and speculate. Who would you want back? Maybe not but losing Briegel, Greene Hull, and Blackmon will certainly make the defense look different, the biggest loss could be Facciponti who is an excellent fogo and there would be a drop off in production if he left.

My guess is the team begins the fall with about 55 players
TopCheddar

Post by TopCheddar »

Bigdawg69 wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 1:08 pm Anyone know if Harnick will return?

York is well set up. My goodness is the current soph class talented. Mayer, Townsend, Burbank…
Harnick is coming back.

Questionable (really questionable) with others.
laxrules

Post by laxrules »

Is mayer in the transfer portal, told he was.
Laxattackjack

Post by Laxattackjack »

laxrules wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 1:02 pm Is mayer in the transfer portal, told he was.
Mayer is a pretty common name. I wouldn’t be surprised if there is a Mayer in some college sports transfer portal. Unlikely it is a Mayer with a York connection.

Is Thompson leaving lacrosse? I heard he was
laxrules

Post by laxrules »

Laxattackjack wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 1:39 pm
laxrules wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 1:02 pm Is mayer in the transfer portal, told he was.
Mayer is a pretty common name. I wouldn’t be surprised if there is a Mayer in some college sports transfer portal. Unlikely it is a Mayer with a York connection.

Not sure if you are being funny or trying to, but confirmed that York Benjamin Mayer is in the transfer portal
InsiderRoll

Post by InsiderRoll »

Both Ben Mayer and Ryan Kazella have entered the transfer portal. Along with a great deal of other solid D3 players.
LaxFan1991

Post by LaxFan1991 »

InsiderRoll wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 2:59 pm Both Ben Mayer and Ryan Kazella have entered the transfer portal. Along with a great deal of other solid D3 players.
Very interesting. I have heard over time Child’s nonsense can change a players’ mentality. Two big names considering other schools, please keep the forum updated.
TopCheddar

Post by TopCheddar »

Laxattackjack wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 1:39 pm

This has GOT to be one of the coaching staff. Potentially Child’s burner account. Sounds realllll defensive really quick.
RE6ULATOR

Post by RE6ULATOR »

InsiderRoll wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 2:59 pm Both Ben Mayer and Ryan Kazella have entered the transfer portal. Along with a great deal of other solid D3 players.
:lol: Start a legit transfer portal thread and give them all some love then, or are you just back with that axe to grind and make it look like drama for York and York alone?

Mayer is a big talent. Losing him would hurt. Losing Wolf and Reynolds hurt this past year. Losing O’Sullivan hurt 2 years ago. Losing Pfeiffer hurt before him, and Witcher before him, and Gamble before him, and Hutson before him….

Catch my drift?
InsiderRoll

Post by InsiderRoll »

RE6ULATOR wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 3:55 pm
:lol: Start a legit transfer portal thread and give them all some love then, or are you just back with that axe to grind and make it look like drama for York and York alone?

Mayer is a big talent. Losing him would hurt. Losing Wolf and Reynolds hurt this past year. Losing O’Sullivan hurt 2 years ago. Losing Pfeiffer hurt before him, and Witcher before him, and Gamble before him, and Hutson before him….

Catch my drift?
You’re so soft.
SKUD

Post by SKUD »

Whatever RE6 is doesn’t matter . But there was a good idea in his words. Would someone who can see it start a transfer portal thread? How do you see the portal?
Laxisback

Post by Laxisback »

There’s a transfer portal conversation in the D1 section of this, it includes D1,D2 and D3
Leonard Washington

Post by Leonard Washington »

Burbank is in the portal as well
First of all, ya better check your tone. I dont think you know who you're talking to. I'm Leonard Washington...I don't get butt naked for nobody!!

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”