All Things Environment

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Farfromgeneva

Re: All Things Environment

Post by Farfromgeneva »

old salt wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:51 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:12 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:00 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:48 pm I don’t know about you but I’m forever a part of the ruff ryders! Where my dogs at?!?!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ThlhSnRk21E
And this is the "clean version" :shock:

Seriously abused by his mother, bi polar, chose to be homeless and make friends w stray dogs as a teenager because it was so bad at home. Was given a Coke laced (what was once described to me as a “wubanger”) joint when he was 14. One of the most honest and complicated folks and owned the musical world for a stretch after Tupac & Biggie were murdered (only person to have five straight albums debut #1). Loved and hated a lot of people. A reflection of us all whether some here would
Run to close and lock their door when they see a image or video of him. He represents the spectrum of humanity. (New HBO documentary is solid)
Great guy. ...a real dog lover & role model. Father of 15 from 9 baby mamas. OD'd at 51, bankrupt from unpaid child support.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-dmx/ ... 8020080509
Superficial as always. No surprise.
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:20 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:55 pm
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:47 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:20 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:15 pm
Just in time for the matrix reboot with old a** Keanu coming out.
Yep!! You should read the Sixth Extinction. We are an odd species. Don’t really fit with the rest of the animals that inhabit this planet. We will eventually do ourselves in. It seems inevitable.
We fit in perfectly with the rest of the animals. Just not harmoniously. Every other organism does what we're doing. We're just a helluva lot more efficient at staying alive and consuming lots of resources as we spread. Very few organisms self-regulate their population and consumption.
We regulate our consumption? In what way?
I said we don't regulate our consumption. We're the most efficient at consuming lots of resources.

Very few organisms regulate their consumption. The Matrix lie is that the only organism like us is a Virus. Virtually every organism is like us. Again... very few organisms self-regulate their population and consumption.
Ok... once the earth is a husk, we will move on.

https://www.seattletimes.com/business/e ... resources/
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:28 pmOk
SERIOUSLY?!!?!??!

Why you gotta bring Rodgers and Hammerstein into this?
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:17 pm
old salt wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:36 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:10 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:48 pm I don’t know about you but I’m forever a part of the ruff ryders! Where my dogs at?!?!

Seriously abused by his mother, bi polar, chose to be homeless and make friends w stray dogs as a teenager because it was so bad at home. Was given a Coke laced (what was once described to me as a “wubanger”) joint when he was 14. One of the most honest and complicated folks and owned the musical world for a stretch after Tupac & Biggie were murdered (only person to have five straight albums debut #1). Loved and hated a lot of people. A reflection of us all whether some here would
Run to close and lock their door when they see a image or video of him. He represents the spectrum of humanity. (New HBO documentary is solid)
Great guy. ...a real dog lover & role model. Father of 15 from 9 baby mamas. OD'd at 51, bankrupt from unpaid child support.

:lol: :lol:
The sad thing is -- those stray dogs were probably the best thing in his life as a kid.
Probably. I just remembered seeing something when I was about 6-7 years old. I am certain you have never seen anything like it. I haven’t thought about it in years. Really awful. Kid would be in jail today.
I've rescued, rehab-ed, fostered, sanctuary'd & adopted out dogs for 25 years. Saw some awful stuff along the way.
One is sleeping on my foot right now. You're right. Things have gotten better.
DMac

Post by DMac »

old salt wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:39 pm I've rescued, rehab-ed, fostered, sanctuary'd & adopted out dogs for 25 years. Saw some awful stuff along the way.
This guy says thank you for helping his cousins out so much. He thinks you're a mighty kind hearted super star and says that's awfully doggone nice of you!!
Typical Lax Dad

DMac wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:51 am
old salt wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:39 pm I've rescued, rehab-ed, fostered, sanctuary'd & adopted out dogs for 25 years. Saw some awful stuff along the way.
This guy says thank you for helping his cousins out so much. He thinks you're a mighty kind hearted super star and says that's awfully doggone nice of you!!
+1
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:39 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:17 pm
old salt wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:36 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:10 pm

:lol: :lol:
The sad thing is -- those stray dogs were probably the best thing in his life as a kid.
Probably. I just remembered seeing something when I was about 6-7 years old. I am certain you have never seen anything like it. I haven’t thought about it in years. Really awful. Kid would be in jail today.
I've rescued, rehab-ed, fostered, sanctuary'd & adopted out dogs for 25 years. Saw some awful stuff along the way.
👍
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
old salt

Post by old salt »

Thanks shipmate. That look makes it all worthwhile. He looks exactly like my Henry (rip), had him for 13 yrs. The ultimate fetcher, he'd place the ball in my stick.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Ha, needless to say "that look" is him focused on the ball being held in front of his face. All about it all the time (and I love it). These videos don't seem to stay up long, hopefully you'll catch it before it goes to wherever it goes. Good tosser? Watch this guy, gives it right to you. One bounce and a toss every time. Will only do that nineteen hundred times or so. Fun dog.
https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=5E11DC2B ... 12&o=OneUp
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:17 pm
Thanks shipmate. That look makes it all worthwhile. He looks exactly like my Henry (rip), had him for 13 yrs. The ultimate fetcher, he'd place the ball in my stick.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

A little exposition on the physical state of water and trends in the Rocky Mountains (Colorado watershed).

And some about the parlous state of our old, old earthen dams.

You do the math...
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

“ Water will cost more. Know that now

By now, it should be clear that while the 500-plus plan may be a needed emergency measure, it also is fundamentally unsustainable. We can’t keep paying people $100 million a year not to use water (if $100 million will even cut it – you know the asking price is only going to go up the longer this goes on).

But it’s also clear that water is going to get more expensive, no matter what we do. We can spend that cash on stopgap measures or more lasting fixes.”

https://news.yahoo.com/500-plus-plan-sa ... 47034.html
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

And yet. our states and federal gov't do not allow us to use rain water, to our discretion, equally. It's a big effing racket....in the same of political BS. https://www.familyhandyman.com/article/ ... e-illegal/ About 10 years ago, the blue blooded knuckleheads in MD , tried to tax us on rain fall.

It is so simple to collect and reuse rain water.....and frankly, should be standard on most single family homes in this CC era. Instead....they are forcing builders to collect the rain water underground and just allow the water to leach back in to the yard....in an attempt to have a zero sum run-off, based on sq/ft of property.

And as we discussed earlier....we can barely figure out how tp solve the water consumption issues in the massive datacenters....which ironically are in the zones that are in proximity to zones at risk.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:26 pm And yet. our states and federal gov't do not allow us to use rain water, to our discretion, equally. It's a big effing racket....in the same of political BS. https://www.familyhandyman.com/article/ ... e-illegal/ About 10 years ago, the blue blooded knuckleheads in MD , tried to tax us on rain fall.

It is so simple to collect and reuse rain water.....and frankly, should be standard on most single family homes in this CC era. Instead....they are forcing builders to collect the rain water underground and just allow the water to leach back in to the yard....in an attempt to have a zero sum run-off, based on sq/ft of property.

And as we discussed earlier....we can barely figure out how tp solve the water consumption issues in the massive datacenters....which ironically are in the zones that are in proximity to zones at risk.
You should direct some of your TSP (or whatever they call that retirement plan now) into this

https://www.calvert.com/Calvert-Global- ... lsrc=aw.ds
See Martin, Malcolm
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

PizzaSnake wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:49 am “ Water will cost more. Know that now

By now, it should be clear that while the 500-plus plan may be a needed emergency measure, it also is fundamentally unsustainable. We can’t keep paying people $100 million a year not to use water (if $100 million will even cut it – you know the asking price is only going to go up the longer this goes on).

But it’s also clear that water is going to get more expensive, no matter what we do. We can spend that cash on stopgap measures or more lasting fixes.”

https://news.yahoo.com/500-plus-plan-sa ... 47034.html
https://www.npr.org/2021/09/01/10333387 ... ould-it-be
See Martin, Malcolm
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Elon Musk today: https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/147 ... 52070?s=20

SpaceX is starting a program to take CO2 out of atmosphere & turn it into rocket fuel. Please join if interested.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:02 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:26 pm And yet. our states and federal gov't do not allow us to use rain water, to our discretion, equally. It's a big effing racket....in the same of political BS. https://www.familyhandyman.com/article/ ... e-illegal/ About 10 years ago, the blue blooded knuckleheads in MD , tried to tax us on rain fall.

You should direct some of your TSP (or whatever they call that retirement plan now) into this

https://www.calvert.com/Calvert-Global- ... lsrc=aw.ds
A 1.09% expense ratio?!? Are you kidding me??? No, thank you.

DocBarrister :P
@DocBarrister
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Oops!!! Percentage not specific acre feet.

https://www.thespectrum.com/story/news/ ... 495797001/

"Now, the new URC report claims that three of the four Upper Basin states — Utah, Colorado and New Mexico, but not Wyoming — are "likely already using more water than they are allocated." This calculation is based on long-standing legal agreements that allocated Upper Basin states a percentage, rather than a fixed quantity, of "the leftovers" in the river after delivery obligations to Lower Basin states and Mexico have been met.

As climate change reduces the overall flow, volumes allocated to Upper Basin states will shrink accordingly. But the URC argues that ongoing usage rates have not recognized the shift in supply. The overall current use by Upper Basin states of 4,592,000 acre-feet per year exceeds what its modern climate-adjusted allotment of 4,088,000 acre-feet should be by 504,000 acre-feet, the report says. That's approximately 164 billion gallons of overuse that still does not include some Tribal water rights that have not yet been developed."

https://www.azcentral.com/story/opinion ... 839556002/

500K acre feet, is, interestingly enough, the same amount recently agreed to be left Lake Mead to forestall "dead pool". Of course, it is going to cost big bucks... Maybe the Church of Latter Day Saints can dip in to their "Jeebus 'Prodigal Son' party fund" tax scam they're running and pony up.

"The suit, filed in the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California, comes 16 months after a former high-level investment manager with the church filed a whistleblower complaint to the Internal Revenue Service. The complaint, which The Washington Post obtained in December 2019, alleged that the Church amassed about $100 billion in accounts intended for charitable purposes and misled members by stockpiling surplus donations using the tax-exempt donations to prop up a pair of businesses."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/religion ... story.html

C'mon, boys and girls, say it with me, "qui tam", or whatever the IRS ratforker provision is called.

"In a declaration signed under penalty of perjury, Nielsen urges the IRS to strip the nonprofit of its tax-exempt status and alleges that Ensign could owe billions in taxes. He is seeking a reward from the IRS, which offers whistleblowers a cut of unpaid taxes that it recovers.

Nielsen did not respond to repeated phone calls and emails seeking comment.

His twin brother, Lars P. Nielsen, provided a copy of the complaint to The Post, along with dozens of supporting documents. Lars Nielsen, a health-care consultant in Minnesota, said he prepared the complaint with his brother and helped him submit it to the IRS."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/investig ... story.html

"Based on internal accounting documents from February 2018, the complaint estimates the portfolio has grown in value from $12 billion in 1997, when Ensign was formed, to about $100 billion today."

And the "money quote", the ne plus ultra, "According to the complaint, Ensign’s president, Roger Clarke, has told others that the amassed funds would be used in the event of the second coming of Christ. Clarke did not respond to an email seeking comment."

Really, he said this with a straight face? Gotta love cults...

$100B?!?! That's going to be one h$ll of a blow out when Jeebus returns...

cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technolo ... d=msedgntp

GOD BLESS TEXAS... I suppose it takes a Texan to ram it up the tailpipe of the FLP environmental freak show... :D
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.

Return to “POLITICS”