steel_hop wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 10:07 am
NJE5222 wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 10:04 am
steel_hop wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 10:01 am
NJE5222 wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 9:47 am
flalax22 wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 8:05 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 7:47 pm
flalax22 wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 7:44 pm
HopFan16 wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 6:18 pm
primitiveskills wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 6:13 pm Sorry to see it end, but what a great year. Lots of great players and performances, but most of all, Hopkins lacrosse is fun to watch again. Can't wait until fall ball!
+1

Lots of room to grow. But a good foundation. Thanks to everyone except Sag A for a fun year
I had this team at 3-4 wins at the start of the season. The Crawley effect, transfers and emerging freshmen have put this program on the right track. Full marks to Milliman.

I do think that the program is still lacking on the administrative side. Poor planning around grad set up at Homewood and end of semester evictions of the freshmen and sophomore from the dorms weren’t planned for and were unnecessary distractions. I don’t know if they need a new DOLO but something has to give there given every year administratively they seem unprepared for known events.
They got kicked out of their dorms?!?

That is totally screwed up.

DocBarrister
What I was told was the semester was over and they had to move out of the dorms abruptly when they all expected that they had extensions. That they were scrambling to find them places to stay. Apparently there were some angry parents.
They were not scrambling to find places, everyone knew that the dorms closed on Tuesday and they were all moved into the late stay dorms parents received this email:

Congratulations on a successful season. Due to your continued athletics commitments, the Athletics Department has arranged extended housing for you at AMR 2.

General Rules & Guidelines
Please be mindful that all of the JHU Community Standards and Residential Policies apply during your late stay and they can be found here.
All key pickup will take place from the Wolman Security desk. Students must present their JCard to pick up keys.
When returning room keys, please complete a key envelope and drop the envelope located in the key drop box in Wolman or AMR II mailroom.

May 17, 2023 Late-Stay Transfers
For those athletes who will make the transfer from their academic year spaces to longer term late-stay housing, your new rooms should be ready at 7 PM on May 17th. You should pick up your new room key from Wolman Hall Security, make the transfer immediately, and return your academic year room and mailbox key. The Housing Office will have extended hours that day so that students can sign out bins for use.

Please note that if you are scheduled to move on May 17th and you do not pick up your key, the Housing Department will assume that you no longer need housing. If you do not need late-stay housing, please communicate with your coach.

Moving Bins
The Wolman Housing Department will be open until 9 PM to loan moving bins to make your move easier. All bins must be returned by 9 PM on May 17th. Please plan accordingly.
Maybe some new parents were "shocked" by the need to change but this has been Hopkins policy since as long as I remember. Athletes that live in the dorms that are still playing in spring sports (baseball is still playing in the NCAA tournament) that have played past the dorm closing deadline have all shuffled all there stuff to one dorm where there is one RA (and can limit facility staff's time). This isn't surprising. Hopkins lax hasn't had to do it since 2019 - so not sure who was on the team way back then but this isn't a shock.
I think the other point of not being able to be on Homewood last week is a bummer especially for guys not coming back but I guess the win at Bryant was a great memory for their last time on Homewood
What are you talking about the game against Bryant was at Hopkins.
Sorry was saying since the team practiced on the practice field last week because of graduation their last time on Homewood was against Bryant
No worries. For a second a thought I was taking crazy pills.
kramerica.inc

Re: Johns Hopkins 2023

Post by kramerica.inc »

HopFan16 wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 12:01 pm
Hoponboard wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 11:52 am This may be Corrigan’s best ND team in his 35 years at the helm.
That's unfortunate for them because I do not think they're beating Virginia
Always the bridesmaid.
nyjay

Post by nyjay »

In an attempt to put this year's performance in context, I went back and looked at the NCAA tourney results for the last 15 years. Setting aside 2015, it's been pretty grim (worse that I remember, frankly, maybe I've purposely repressed some of these memories?). Guess it made me feel even better about the performance of this year's team, which is probably in the top 3 of the last 15 years.

2009 - Loss to UVa in the Quarters (19-8)
2010 - Loss to Duke in 1st Round (18-5) (yikes)
2011 - Loss to Denver in the Quarters (14-9)
2012 - Loss to MD in the Quarters (11-5)
2013 - No Bid
2014 - Loss to Duke in the Quarters (19-11)
2015 - Loss to MD in the Semis (12-11)
2016 - Loss to Brown in the 1st Round (17-8) (yikes again)
2017 - Loss to Duke in the 1st Round (19-6) (yikes again)
2018 - Loss to Duke in the Quarters (14-9)
2019 - Loss to ND in the 1st Round (16-9) (I remember it being worse actually - garbage time, I guess)
2020 - No Tourney
2021 - No Bid
2022 - No Bid
2023 - Loss to ND in the Quarters (12-9)
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Could have been a closer game,

at one point, they were getting to Entenmann,
he was at 43% as I recall.
Big Dog

Post by Big Dog »

steel_hop wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 10:01 am
NJE5222 wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 9:47 am
flalax22 wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 8:05 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 7:47 pm
flalax22 wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 7:44 pm
HopFan16 wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 6:18 pm
primitiveskills wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 6:13 pm Sorry to see it end, but what a great year. Lots of great players and performances, but most of all, Hopkins lacrosse is fun to watch again. Can't wait until fall ball!
+1

Lots of room to grow. But a good foundation. Thanks to everyone except Sag A for a fun year
I had this team at 3-4 wins at the start of the season. The Crawley effect, transfers and emerging freshmen have put this program on the right track. Full marks to Milliman.

I do think that the program is still lacking on the administrative side. Poor planning around grad set up at Homewood and end of semester evictions of the freshmen and sophomore from the dorms weren’t planned for and were unnecessary distractions. I don’t know if they need a new DOLO but something has to give there given every year administratively they seem unprepared for known events.
They got kicked out of their dorms?!?

That is totally screwed up.

DocBarrister
What I was told was the semester was over and they had to move out of the dorms abruptly when they all expected that they had extensions. That they were scrambling to find them places to stay. Apparently there were some angry parents.
They were not scrambling to find places, everyone knew that the dorms closed on Tuesday and they were all moved into the late stay dorms parents received this email:

Congratulations on a successful season. Due to your continued athletics commitments, the Athletics Department has arranged extended housing for you at AMR 2.

General Rules & Guidelines
Please be mindful that all of the JHU Community Standards and Residential Policies apply during your late stay and they can be found here.
All key pickup will take place from the Wolman Security desk. Students must present their JCard to pick up keys.
When returning room keys, please complete a key envelope and drop the envelope located in the key drop box in Wolman or AMR II mailroom.

May 17, 2023 Late-Stay Transfers
For those athletes who will make the transfer from their academic year spaces to longer term late-stay housing, your new rooms should be ready at 7 PM on May 17th. You should pick up your new room key from Wolman Hall Security, make the transfer immediately, and return your academic year room and mailbox key. The Housing Office will have extended hours that day so that students can sign out bins for use.

Please note that if you are scheduled to move on May 17th and you do not pick up your key, the Housing Department will assume that you no longer need housing. If you do not need late-stay housing, please communicate with your coach.

Moving Bins
The Wolman Housing Department will be open until 9 PM to loan moving bins to make your move easier. All bins must be returned by 9 PM on May 17th. Please plan accordingly.
Maybe some new parents were "shocked" by the need to change but this has been Hopkins policy since as long as I remember. Athletes that live in the dorms that are still playing in spring sports (baseball is still playing in the NCAA tournament) that have played past the dorm closing deadline have all shuffled all there stuff to one dorm where there is one RA (and can limit facility staff's time). This isn't surprising. Hopkins lax hasn't had to do it since 2019 - so not sure who was on the team way back then but this isn't a shock.
My son's Ivy did the same for sports that extended beyond graduation.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Any word on the portal? Hearing rumors of a couple interesting additions and subtractions for the Hop. All on the attack line…

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”