2019 early outlooks

2019 D1 Mens Fantasy Lacrosse
ohmilax34

2019 early outlooks

Post by ohmilax34 »

Who has the most points coming back for next season? Who has the least? Any predictions for next season?
Uklax

Re: 2019 early outlooks

Post by Uklax »

With a better D (hopefully) and retaining all my best players bar drapeau (especially with Mullins getting more play with heniburg graduating) I can see next year being a play off year for me, a lot of people graduating powerhouse Seniors in Guterding and reeves could really shake the league up
Njlaxx11

Post by Njlaxx11 »

first off - want to apologize for my lack of activity this season. newcomer + 2nd baby = lack of time for fun. promise to be more involved next season!
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Njlaxx11 wrote:first off - want to apologize for my lack of activity this season. newcomer + 2nd baby = lack of time for fun. promise to be more involved next season!
Amazing coincidence that you were quieter in your second season after winning it all your first season... :)

PS Congrats.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Per usual, FCA is in great shape and OCanada looks good, too. those were the two best teams last season and they have a LOT coming back.

FCALax Season
Kevin McGeary A SR Upenn 18
Michael Kraus A SO UVA 52
Dan Bucaro JR A Georgetown 35
Tre LeClaire A SO OSU 18
Jack Tigh JR A/M Yale 27
Ryan Wade JR M Navy 24
Brendan Bomberry A SR Syracuse 15
Charlie Durbin JR M Princeton 0
Greyson Torain M JR Navy 21
Taylor Strough FR M Fairfield 6
Dylan McIntosh FR A Hofstra 16
Alex Moeser M SR Hofstra 10

OCanada Season
Jackson Morrill SO A Yale 30
Patrick Spencer A JR Loyola 56
Matt Gaudet A SO Yale 13
Cole Williams A SO JHU 29
Mike D'Amario SR A UVA 15
Michael Lamon FR A Upenn 3
Jake McCulloch M JR Cornell 20
Connor DeSimone M FR JHU 13
Tanner Cook SO M UNC 7
Griffin Buczek M SO Cornell 0
Hunter Tyler FR M Towson 0
Brian Tevlin FR M Yale 5
Brody McLean A SO Towson 3
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

UK, I agree. Your D killed you. have a D that isn't negative and you're over 214. i.e. Right there with FCA, OCanada, and ohmi. (Forgot ohmi.)

UK Lax Season
Dylan Foulds SO A PSU 23
Austin French A JR Denver 31
Jake Carraway A SO Georgetown 27
Kieren Mullins A SO Rutgers 32
Jesse Leung SO A Umass 7
Brendan Sunday JR M Towson 8
Lucas Wittenberg JR M Georgetown 19
Anthony DeMaio FR A UMD 6
Joseph Sessa A/M Jr Yale 18
Dylan Beckwith A/M SO Fairfield 13
Ted Glesener M SR Army 5
Jay Drapeua M SR Loyola 25
Spencer Knife FR M Towson 0
PRINCETON D -33
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Loses Heninburg, which is big, but still has a lot.

ohmilax34 Season
Mac O'Keefe A SO PSU 26
Jules Heningburg SR A Rutgers 43
Riley Curtis A FR Denver 2
Casey Rose JR M Rutgers 17
Connor Fletcher M SO Cornell 14
Nathan Solomon JR A Syracuse 22
Owen Seebold FR A Syracuse 0
Chris Cloutier SR A UNC 18
Luke Crimmins FR M Princeton 5
Aidan Olmstead FR A Loyola 27
John Duffy JR M Loyola 16
Colton Jackson JR M Denver 16
David Symmes M SR Army 12
TOWSON D 9
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Off-Topic but relates to 2019 so... Whatever. So the plan is to start the Draft on October 1st. One pick per day. We've never done this, I think it'll be fun, it'll make our season longer, and... Why not try it. Along with this earlier and longer Draft, I'm going to create a page with numerous, so to speak, Recruiting Links, to help the coaches. Nothing magical. just make it easier. e.g. Why should we have to google "2018 HS All-Americans" or find Ty's Recruiting Rundown or whatever? In the end, no matter how much information you have, as a coach, you still need to make a pick so why not share as much information as possible? And, with that said...

Historically, we've had a rule where we don't discuss unpicked players. e.g. We don't say, Wow! I can't believe no one has picked Joe Bag O'Donuts yet! and then, sure enough, pick #12 is Joe Bag and picker #13 was going to get him if Joe wasn't brought up. My thought is, with the Draft being one-per-day for a substantially longer period of time, maybe lifting this no-discussing-unpicked-players rule should be lifted. We're sharing our resources, links, etc. Isn't saying, I'd take Joe Bag over Shlermie Beckerman 10 out of 10 times just more of the same? Also, by removing this rule, which we only have so much control over, it'll create a more welcoming format for other parched HS and D1 Men Lacrosse fans. Wadya think?
ohmilax34

Post by ohmilax34 »

admin wrote:Off-Topic but relates to 2019 so... Whatever. So the plan is to start the Draft on October 1st. One pick per day. We've never done this, I think it'll be fun, it'll make our season longer, and... Why not try it. Along with this earlier and longer Draft, I'm going to create a page with numerous, so to speak, Recruiting Links, to help the coaches. Nothing magical. just make it easier. e.g. Why should we have to google "2018 HS All-Americans" or find Ty's Recruiting Rundown or whatever? In the end, no matter how much information you have, as a coach, you still need to make a pick so why not share as much information as possible? And, with that said...

Historically, we've had a rule where we don't discuss unpicked players. e.g. We don't say, Wow! I can't believe no one has picked Joe Bag O'Donuts yet! and then, sure enough, pick #12 is Joe Bag and picker #13 was going to get him if Joe wasn't brought up. My thought is, with the Draft being one-per-day for a substantially longer period of time, maybe lifting this no-discussing-unpicked-players rule should be lifted. We're sharing our resources, links, etc. Isn't saying, I'd take Joe Bag over Shlermie Beckerman 10 out of 10 times just more of the same? Also, by removing this rule, which we only have so much control over, it'll create a more welcoming format for other parched HS and D1 Men Lacrosse fans. Wadya think?
I think you've given out links to top 100 lists before. That's fine with me.

I've found the coaches here to be pretty tight-lipped about the players they're looking at and their drafting strategy. I think you can allow more discussion, but it doesn't mean the coaches will participate in the discussion. What I think would be really interesting is if non-coaches, especially the familiar names on Laxpower (cooter, fatty, typical lax dad, dmaclaxnut etc.) engaged in draft discussion before, during and after the draft. It's like the NFL Draft, where the pundits talk about it and the teams pick the players.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

ohmi, that's my hope. Pundits.
Caddy Day
ohmilax34

Post by ohmilax34 »

I can see it now. Fatty is going to get into it with a coach. Probably me.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

One more idea: My thought is that we, like most every club soccer league in the world, incorporate promotions and relegation into our league. For example, for the 2020 season or whatever, we'd split up our coaches/teams into two groups and we would have two Leagues: the Premier League and the El Sucko League. At the end of the 2020 season, the bottom 4 teams in the Premier League would play in the El Sucko League for the 2021 season while the top 4 teams in the El Sucko League would play in the Premier League for the 2021 season. Otherwise, everything is unchanged. One big Draft, keepers, etc. There are some logistical aspects that would need to be sorted out but... I like this idea.
nclaxin

Post by nclaxin »

Early Outlooks ....Psshhhhh....See you in the final 4 suckas....
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

nclaxin wrote:Early Outlooks ....Psshhhhh....See you in the final 4 suckas....
Caddy Day
ohmilax34

Post by ohmilax34 »

nclaxin wrote:Early Outlooks ....Psshhhhh....See you in the final 4 suckas....
Says the guy with Michael Sowers and not much else.
nclaxin

Post by nclaxin »

OhMi....Seems that way every year....yet every year...

My rag tag team will do it again. Just gotta recruit grit. Don't forget....I have what I believe would have been a top 3 pick on my roster from last year...but fell because he could not play due to injury...
We will see...
ohmilax34

Post by ohmilax34 »

nclaxin wrote:OhMi....Seems that way every year....yet every year...

My rag tag team will do it again. Just gotta recruit grit. Don't forget....I have what I believe would have been a top 3 pick on my roster from last year...but fell because he could not play due to injury...
We will see...
Badour? I don't think so. Of course, I haven't picked that high in a long time. :D
greenielax

Post by greenielax »

Matnum PI wrote:
Njlaxx11 wrote:first off - want to apologize for my lack of activity this season. newcomer + 2nd baby = lack of time for fun. promise to be more involved next season!
Amazing coincidence that you were quieter in your second season after winning it all your first season... :)

PS Congrats.
You aren't trying to deprive me of my 2017 rookie win, are you, Mat?
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

nope. just want to make sure to draw attention to your less impressive sophomore season. just looking for chinks in the armor.
Caddy Day
greenielax

Post by greenielax »

I thought you might have mistakenly credited NJLaxx11 with my rookie season win ;)

Return to “2019 D1 MENS FANTASY LACROSSE”