Essexfenwick - 1 Minute (2 Days)

The forum rules are little different than lacrosse rules. You can read more within this forum. If you are assessed a penalty, this is the only forum you can post within.
admin
Site Admin

Essexfenwick - 1 Minute (2 Days)

Post by admin »

Trolling. This and more. Was warned and... 1 Minute (2 Days). The penalty will be released on Friday, March 18th at 8:45 AM.
seacoaster

Re: Essexfenwick - 1 Minute (2 Days)

Post by seacoaster »

Thank you God.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

seacoaster wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:54 am Thank you God.
He's back with the trolling right out of the box.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 2:27 pm
seacoaster wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:54 am Thank you God.
He's back with the trolling right out of the box.
Jesus wept.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Released on March 18. Trolling (gets ridiculous) on March 19.

2 Minute (4 Day Penalty). Released at 10:09 PM on Thursday, March 24.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

yup, came right out swinging...today, we're all Satan...
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

In theory, this should be a 4 minute (8 Day Penalty). Trolling. Due to the repeated offenses in such a short period of time, instead, it's going to be an 8 minute (16 Day Penalty). It'll be released on Thursday, April 14 at 9:32 AM.

viewtopic.php?f=66&p=349566#p349566
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:49 am
yup, came right out swinging...today, we're all Satan...
totally horney........you sure this IS the right place.

Not judging......but it is not very santitary in this place. filthy. in fact.

does the gloating and visits , make one a better person ?
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

You judge everyone all of the time so stop trying to BS.
See Martin, Malcolm
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

cripes.....Matt's latest creation, ESSEX, is wearing a bowtie and IS speaking about some guy named after the famous boxer. Mohamed.

that was a quick "conversion" to the casper the ghost of pease.

Go tRump........can't wait to have a sexual encounter with him and some of his gals.........Did they give you Epsteins cell, again ?
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

runrussellrun wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:36 pm cripes.....Matt's latest creation, ESSEX, is wearing a bowtie and IS speaking about some guy named after the famous boxer. Mohamed...
Time-out. Am I being blamed for Essex?!
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Matnum PI wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:37 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:36 pm cripes.....Matt's latest creation, ESSEX, is wearing a bowtie and IS speaking about some guy named after the famous boxer. Mohamed...
It’s on brand for the messenger…

Both the inane accusation and paranoia, as well as the incoherence.
See Martin, Malcolm
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

You did write the following :D

FanLax is a website and forum dedicated to serving all lacrosse fans. Well, not the obnoxious ones. But the vast majority of fans of lacrosse. So, if you like lacrosse and you're not obnoxious, you've come to the right place. If you like lacrosse and you are obnoxious, you've also come to the right place. We have plenty of threads within our forums packed with people just like you.

Either you allow us to be obnoxious.........or not....pick a lane. :lol:
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

runrussellrun wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 4:10 pm

FanLax is a website and forum dedicated to serving all lacrosse fans. Well, not the obnoxious ones. But the vast majority of fans of lacrosse. So, if you like lacrosse and you're not obnoxious, you've come to the right place. If you like lacrosse and you are obnoxious, you've also come to the right place. We have plenty of threads within our forums packed with people just like you.

There's a line and a limit to being obnoxious. I crossed that line once and I was rightfully whistled off. FanLax is after all someone's creation. They own it. It belongs to them. They provide the daily upkeep and maintenance. They are also responsible for trying to keep the peace. They have the right and the responsibility to enforce the rules. The Political board, of all the boards, can be a snakepit. People get provoked. We're human. There are things we read and sentiments expressed that are incendiary. (I realize as I'm looking back on what I've written so far that my grammar is off, but I'm not going to take the time to polish this before clicking submit.) The bottom line is this website/forum belongs to the folks who created it. We are all guests here. They very clearly outlined the rules. I think the two biggest things that provoke people on these boards that I've had the pleasure to participate in for over three years now is 1) Personal insults which includes addressing others with a condescending holier-than-thou/more-educated-than-thou tone and 2) deliberately trying to provoke an angry response from others, otherwise known as trolling. Both of these things stir anger and resentment and retaliatory responses. Both of these things are worthy of being censured by the owner(s) of this forum. Sure, the charter mentions being obnoxious, but there's a limit. There's a line that gets crossed. I'm glad there are repercussions for these two things. I learned from my time in the box that the rules exist to keep order and by extension, to encourage and foster a more civil discourse. A body can't say whatever they want. We have freedom of speech in America--yes. But there are limits there too. You can't yell fire in a crowded movie theater when there is no fire without getting into trouble. You can't slander someone without breaking the law and paying for it. Same goes in here. Some folks are obnoxious by nature (I have my hand raised) but even obnoxious folks can learn what is and isn't acceptable if they are open to being instructed, if they are open to being corrected so as to learn how to better get along with others here. It's not easy, I know that. But in the end it's worth it. It's much more satisfying to get along than to fight. To find common ground rather than look for what buttons to push to keep the spiteful/nasty kerfuffle going. I'm glad there is a penalty box and I'm glad these boards are policed. Forgive all the errors. I hope that the gist of what I'm trying to communicate comes through.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:11 pm

There's a line and a limit to being obnoxious. I crossed that line once and I was rightfully whistled off. FanLax is after all someone's creation. They own it. It belongs to them. They provide the daily upkeep and maintenance. They are also responsible for trying to keep the peace. They have the right and the responsibility to enforce the rules. The Political board, of all the boards, can be a snakepit. People get provoked. We're human. There are things we read and sentiments expressed that are incendiary. (I realize as I'm looking back on what I've written so far that my grammar is off, but I'm not going to take the time to polish this before clicking submit.) The bottom line is this website/forum belongs to the folks who created it. We are all guests here. They very clearly outlined the rules. I think the two biggest things that provoke people on these boards that I've had the pleasure to participate in for over three years now is 1) Personal insults which includes addressing others with a condescending holier-than-thou/more-educated-than-thou tone and 2) deliberately trying to provoke an angry response from others, otherwise known as trolling. Both of these things stir anger and resentment and retaliatory responses. Both of these things are worthy of being censured by the owner(s) of this forum. Sure, the charter mentions being obnoxious, but there's a limit. There's a line that gets crossed. I'm glad there are repercussions for these two things. I learned from my time in the box that the rules exist to keep order and by extension, to encourage and foster a more civil discourse. A body can't say whatever they want. We have freedom of speech in America--yes. But there are limits there too. You can't yell fire in a crowded movie theater when there is no fire without getting into trouble. You can't slander someone without breaking the law and paying for it. Same goes in here. Some folks are obnoxious by nature (I have my hand raised) but even obnoxious folks can learn what is and isn't acceptable if they are open to being instructed, if they are open to being corrected so as to learn how to better get along with others here. It's not easy, I know that. But in the end it's worth it. It's much more satisfying to get along than to fight. To find common ground rather than look for what buttons to push to keep the spiteful/nasty kerfuffle going. I'm glad there is a penalty box and I'm glad these boards are policed. Forgive all the errors. I hope that the gist of what I'm trying to communicate comes through.
He’s trying to force this into a binary situation when it’s a spectrum or range. It’s apples and oranges. You’re articulating it in more depth but your audience has a long history dating back to LP of being, to put it kindly, tone dead to the suggestions, comments, please abs variety of approaches requesting he participate in the community rather than against it. I’d argue in a community of relationships even some personal insults are fair game. This medium is less “rich” and subject to misunderstanding but anyone who’s had a childhood lifelong friend has probably gotten into a fight and low blowed at friend and/or mistakenly slap boxes with a buddy which turned real at some point. But those situations involve people that want to be part of each other’s lives not simply adjudicate and opine without truly participating. That’s the important distinction with your audience here that you’re replying too.
See Martin, Malcolm
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:11 pm

that smiling face thing........trying to lighten up the place....geez.

but, got it. to summarize your thoughts..........it's subjective :lol:

without content and comments that WE post....this place is nothing. Same for the thousands of "forums" using the phBB software.
OuttaNowhereWregget

runrussellrun wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 7:54 am without content and comments that WE post....this place is nothing.
I don’t follow your rationale. I don’t see where being rude to others or trolling factor in.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 8:53 am
runrussellrun wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 7:54 am without content and comments that WE post....this place is nothing.
I don’t follow your rationale. I don’t see where being rude to others or trolling factor in.
Factor into what? content?

Rudeness is subjective, yes?

Some posters think, just "asking " this question is an "attack " ;)

thousands of rude posts. Take, for example, Hopfan16 response to "wheels", on the D1 Hopkins 2022 thread.

Does his rude response "your mother" warrant penalty time ? Or , can I just call it rude , and move on?

I prefer the latter.
OuttaNowhereWregget

runrussellrun wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 9:18 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 8:53 am
Factor into what? content?

Rudeness is subjective, yes?

Some posters think, just "asking " this question is an "attack " ;)

thousands of rude posts. Take, for example, Hopfan16 response to "wheels", on the D1 Hopkins 2022 thread.

Does his rude response "your mother" warrant penalty time ? Or , can I just call it rude , and move on?

I prefer the latter.
No—without comments this place is nothing.

It’s not an exact science, but there is a balance between having members and policing for bad behavior, as opposed to just letting everyone say whatever they want. And as is always available and oft repeated—if there is an offending post—flag it by clicking on the exclamation point and admin will rule on it. He can’t possibly read every post on every board. He has a life outside FanLax.

Return to “FANLAX RULES AND PENALTY BOX”