ISL

HS Boys Lacrosse
oldbartman

Re: ISL

Post by oldbartman »

Laxfax52 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:10 pm Tabor 7, IMG National 4
Any info on how the game played out? Seems like IMG isn't as dominant as it has been in past.
Laxxal22

Post by Laxxal22 »

ISL schools have ungodly amounts of money in the bank and charge and king's ransom to attend. How the majority of them, especially the boarding schools, are unable to put up quality livestreams with competent camerawork is beyond me.
Laxfax52

Post by Laxfax52 »

IMG dominated the FO’s but despite that Tabor dominated the field of play. Tabor freshmen goalie played very well but it was a total team effort. One of the IMG goals was scored on a blown 10 man ride from more than half-field.
Laxxal22

Post by Laxxal22 »

Some interesting ones today.

Middlesex 10 - Nobles 8. Big win and confidence booster for the Zebras.

Govs 16 - Thayer 9. Govs with two nice wins after a shaky start - they draw the scheduling short stick with having to play IMG tomorrow after having a tough one today. Thayer not scoring nearly as much as I thought they would.

Milton 13 - Rivers 12 (OT). This could end up being a result when we get to playoff seeding time.

RL 15 - Groton 9. The Foxes are rolling along. Big one on Saturday against Middlesex.

Tabor 14 - Brooks 4. The Seawolves cruise after a competitive and physical one last night with IMG. They host Belmont Hill on Saturday and I'm interested to see how they stack up.

BB&N 10 - St. George's 6. The Knights are a team to keep an eye on.

Belmont Hill 22 - Lawrence Academy 3. BH gets things back in order after a scare from Milton on Saturday.

St. Seb's 16 - St. Mark's. Caught a decent bit of this one. 13-2 at the half. Seb's played a lot of depth in the second half with the quick turnaround against Thayer on Friday. Gadbois played really well in net for St. Mark's.
OFOSHO

Post by OFOSHO »

Milton over Rivers in regulation
Sportin' Life

Post by Sportin' Life »

A question from one who doesn't follow the ISL intimately for those who do; was Middlesex's win over Nobles surprising to you?
Finish Strong
Laxxal22

Post by Laxxal22 »

Not really. Nobles lost a lot of their offensive identity from last season and Middlesex was primed to have a strong season. In my preview I think I said the only thing keeping MX out of the top tier was that I didn't know about the depth, but the top 14ish players I'd put up their with the usual top dogs.
bloboll123

Post by bloboll123 »

Tibbs and Crann make the Middlesex win easy to believe tbh. Those guys can play.
porkchop

Post by porkchop »

Sportin' Life wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:33 pm A question from one who doesn't follow the ISL intimately for those who do; was Middlesex's win over Nobles surprising to you?
No, not surprising. That said I understand Nobles was in the box a bunch including a few multi-minute unreleasables and MSX took advantage
Laxxal22

Post by Laxxal22 »

IMG 13 - Govs 7. As I said before, this was going to be a really tough one for Govs having played Thayer the day before although I do realize IMG is 1,000 miles from home and you can't discount how difficult it is being the away team on multi-day road trips.

Interested to see how IMG's final two games up here go. SJP, who hasn't played anyone remotely at the level of IMG in a full game, tomorrow - will they be playing NCAA rules or high school? And then Belmont Hill on Monday who I think really luck out by being the final game of a long week for IMG.

Seb's @ Thayer at 5:00 this afternoon. Not a must win for the Tigers as you can't get into the ISL playoffs with a pretty mid record, and they don't have to play Belmont Hill in the regular season, but they've got to be searching for some confidence after getting roughed up by Govs. Livestream can be found here: https://fan.hudl.com/usa/ma/braintree/o ... ademy-high
Laxxal22

Post by Laxxal22 »

Seb's - Thayer tied at 7 at the half. Entertaining game, tough camerawork, lots of laundry on the field.
Laxxal22

Post by Laxxal22 »

Laxxal22 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:53 pm Seb's - Thayer tied at 7 at the half. Entertaining game, tough camerawork, lots of laundry on the field.
13-9 Seb's final. Glad to see I'm not the only one griping about the livestreams :lol: : https://twitter.com/tyxanders/status/17 ... 4797309262
Laxxal22

Post by Laxxal22 »

For anyone who cares, here is the league page for 2024. Some teams are more timely about updating than others: https://www.islsports.org/page/3569

Saturday results...

Belmont Hill 9 - Tabor 5: The Belmont Hill defense has only yielded double digit goals once this season against Deerfield. Tabor have to start stacking league wins or the Avon and IMG victories will ring hollow.

Rivers 8 - Nobles 7: This one was a surprise to me. Defense and goaltending was always going to be the strength of Rivers this year, and this was a big one to get their first league win. Nobles are struggling to score goals and already have two league losses with Govs, RL, Thayer, BH, Tabor, and Seb's still on the schedule. They'll need to win at least three of those to make playoffs.

RL 9 - Middlesex 8: Nice win for the Foxes. They've got a tough stretch coming up with Tabor, Nobles, BH, and Milton. If they can split those they'll be looking good for a playoff spot. Middlesex have a few they should win before the schedule toughens up to finish the season.

BB&N 9 - St. Mark's 7: Competitive one between two programs moving in the right direction. BB&N have Lawrence and Milton next before the heat gets turned up. St. Mark's face a real tough stretch of Rivers, Govs, Middlesex, and BH.

Govs 19 - Lawrence 8: Govs have wins in the bank over Tabor and Thayer, and after Nobles on Wednesday the schedule isn't too challenging. LA is 0-3 in league play but have faced Govs, BH, and Nobles. Potential to get the first dub against BB&N.

Milton Academy 15 - Brooks 6: Milton are the most intriguing group in the league after one goal games with both BH and Rivers. Huge test against Seb's on Wednesday. Tough season so far for Brooks.

Groton 9 - St. George's 6: Thayer, BH, Seb's, Rivers, and Middlesex up next for Groton. Ouch. St. G's have Brooks next Saturday which might be both squads best shot at a league win this season.
Laxxal22

Post by Laxxal22 »

Stream for Belmont Hill - IMG at 4:00: https://fan.hudl.com/usa/ma/belmont/org ... igh-school

Hudl streams are kind of terrible at following the action as they use a machine instead of a camera person. I think the company oversold it's technical abilities, and kids are going to pissed when it's time to put together highlight films. Still a nice option for a casual watch while doing other things though.
Can Opener

Post by Can Opener »

Laxxal22 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:48 pm Stream for Belmont Hill - IMG at 4:00: https://fan.hudl.com/usa/ma/belmont/org ... igh-school

Hudl streams are kind of terrible at following the action as they use a machine instead of a camera person. I think the company oversold it's technical abilities, and kids are going to pissed when it's time to put together highlight films. Still a nice option for a casual watch while doing other things though.
Laying the groundwork for Laxxal Media Enterprises LLC. Looking forward to your new business launch next spring. And please displace FloSports while you’re at it!!!
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

BH lost to IMG 9-8
justanotherperson

Post by justanotherperson »

Laxxal22 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:48 pm Stream for Belmont Hill - IMG at 4:00: https://fan.hudl.com/usa/ma/belmont/org ... igh-school

Yes!. The A.I. cameras cannot follow transition and fast breaks, so anything on either end of the field is not caught on fast play. Highly annoying especially in a sport like lacrosse where multiple people running on and off the field causes the AI to follow them. Much better for football which I think what it was designed for
Superlite

Post by Superlite »

Didnt BH jump out to a 6-2 lead? kind of shocked by this
Kismet wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:16 pm BH lost to IMG 9-8
Laxxal22

Post by Laxxal22 »

I wasn't able to catch the game but saw BH was up 4-2 at the half. From the games against IMG, Deerfield, and Milton it appears BH is a bit of a streaky team.
Laxxal22

Post by Laxxal22 »

Can Opener wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:15 pm

Laying the groundwork for Laxxal Media Enterprises LLC. Looking forward to your new business launch next spring. And please displace FloSports while you’re at it!!!
I'm not the guy to start the company but I'll handle the marketing/advertising for it. :lol:

Return to “HS BOYS LACROSSE”