Lindenwood

D2 Mens Lacrosse
smoova

Lindenwood

Post by smoova »

Hearing rumblings that Lindenwood is moving to DI for the 2022-2023 academic year. Announcement reportedly coming February 23.
RedFromMI

Re: Lindenwood

Post by RedFromMI »

smoova wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:02 pm Hearing rumblings that Lindenwood is moving to DI for the 2022-2023 academic year. Announcement reportedly coming February 23.
They would remain in active DII competition if they did this for two years, then have I think four years of DI scheduling after with no eligibility for championships at that level...
Laxwarrior

Post by Laxwarrior »

smoova wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:02 pm Hearing rumblings that Lindenwood is moving to DI for the 2022-2023 academic year. Announcement reportedly coming February 23.
what sports? all or select teams?

I guess we might find out today!
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Laxwarrior wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 6:50 am

Since they are not grandfathered in it would have to be for ALL sports.
smoova

Post by smoova »

RedFromMI wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 7:03 am
Laxwarrior wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 6:50 am

Since they are not grandfathered in it would have to be for ALL sports.
Yes - rumor I heard was that all sports were moving.
WhiteCarrera

Post by WhiteCarrera »

It's either a thoughtful comment or smartass sarcasm. Learn to recognize the difference.
ALaudico7

Post by ALaudico7 »

Laxwarrior

Post by Laxwarrior »

so what would happen with lacrosse? try to join one of the existing D1 conferences?
smoova

Post by smoova »

Laxwarrior wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:58 pm so what would happen with lacrosse? try to join one of the existing D1 conferences?
Speculation is the men's program would join the ASUN.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Lindenwood Men's, Women's Lacrosse Programs Elevating to Division I

The Lindenwood athletics department is reclassifying from Division II to Division I, adding successful men’s and women’s lacrosse programs at the DI level. The school anticipates competing in DI in 2022-23.

A letter from university president John Porter confirmed the news ahead of a news conference the university had set for Wednesday. The long-rumored transition comes as amid conference realignment, with the university approached by the DI Ohio Valley Conference for membership.

In lacrosse, the women’s program is the defending DII national champion and the addition of Lindenwood to the DI ranks is another addition of a wave of steady expansion at the level. The school, based in St. Charles, Mo., adds another Midwest program to the DI level.

For men’s DI, it will become the 75th program, getting the sport back to that mark after Furman shuttered its men’s lacrosse program.

The OVC does not sponsor lacrosse, so the university is pursuing affiliate membership. Amid the recent wave of conference activity, ASUN membership is a natural fit on the men’s side.

“A move to NCAA Division I athletics enhances our Lindenwood University community in many ways and aligns with our strategic plan – it will drive enrollment, raise university visibility and make Lindenwood a desired location for improved community engagement to name a few benefits,” Porter wrote.

“In addition to applying to the NCAA to transition from Division II to Division I and to the OVC, we are working to identify conferences for affiliate membership to welcome teams who are not slated in the OVC. Lindenwood does not have plans to reduce the total number of sponsored sports. Upon approval, the transition process will take four years to complete.

"This is an exciting moment in the history of Lindenwood University, and I am eager to experience the opportunities this bid to transition to NCAA Division I presents for Lindenwood. This intentional decision supports our strategic plan outcomes and will help establish Lindenwood as a standout in the St. Louis and regional area,” he wrote.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15

Return to “D2 MENS LACROSSE”