Johns Hopkins-Georgetown

D1 Mens Lacrosse
DocBarrister

Johns Hopkins-Georgetown

Post by DocBarrister »

GT opening their season.

Blue Jays going for win number 1,000!

Just the third meeting between these two teams.

DocBarrister :)
@DocBarrister
HGK25

Re: Johns Hopkins-Georgetown

Post by HGK25 »

4th meeting…
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

HGK25 wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 12:29 am4th meeting…
Thanks, yes … fourth meeting!

DocBarrister :)
@DocBarrister
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Gt 15-11
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

after watching towson struggle to get up to game speed in the first half you wonder what georgetown will have to start. obviously a much tougher defensive test for hopkins than certainly the dolphins offered at homewood.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

GTown offense > Towsons
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Jays will have tired legs, and when you're tired you tend to play sloppy and make bad decisions, so I think that balances out whatever advantage we might have from having two games under our belt to Georgetown's none.

Hoyas also have a good FOGO, so Dunn probably(?) isn't going 65% again.

Absolutely *need* a competent performance in goal, especially with McElroy in the other cage.

Jays have weapons, should be a close one if faceoffs are in the realm of evenly split and we do better than a handful of easy saves. Both, the latter especially, are big "ifs."
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

HopFan16 wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 9:42 am Jays will have tired legs, and when you're tired you tend to play sloppy and make bad decisions, so I think that balances out whatever advantage we might have from having two games under our belt to Georgetown's none.

Hoyas also have a good FOGO, so Dunn probably(?) isn't going 65% again.

Absolutely *need* a competent performance in goal, especially with McElroy in the other cage.

Jays have weapons, should be a close one if faceoffs are in the realm of evenly split and we do better than a handful of easy saves. Both, the latter especially, are big "ifs."
the coaching staff specifically planned this weekend and scheduled these games like this. I'm not worried about legs, and the guys seemed to get better w/the 3 games in the big ten tournament last spring.
44WeWantMore

Post by 44WeWantMore »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 9:39 am GTown offense > Towsons
A sterner test, to be sure. Even ignoring the short rest, if the only time you saw Georgetown last year as against UVA, consider Lax Reference's ranking or the Vegas line.
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.
molo

Post by molo »

Last night the weather was ideal. Tomorrow looks more like February lax. Who benefits?
BlueJaySince1947

Post by BlueJaySince1947 »

Who benefits...?
TV$$$...the tail that wags the dog now.
DerArzt

Post by DerArzt »

What's the fee to watch Hop-GeoTown on video? Is it worth it for a Hop fan, or will Jays be slaughtered (as it appears, any shot on the 6x6 is likely to go past the GK). Or am I just one of those of little faith?
BlueJaySince1947

Post by BlueJaySince1947 »

What's the TV scenario for this game...???
Thanks !
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

44WeWantMore wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 9:49 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 9:39 am GTown offense > Towsons
A sterner test, to be sure. Even ignoring the short rest, if the only time you saw Georgetown last year as against UVA, consider Lax Reference's ranking or the Vegas line.
lax reference is relatively new to lacrosse and/or crunches stats. we''ll know more about g'town when they're done with their ooc.
we'll know more about hop after g'town.
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

BlueJaySince1947 wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 8:27 pm What's the TV scenario for this game...???
Thanks !
Link below. You can buy a month for $12.50 then cancel after a month if you want, because it is a recurring billing. If the link doesn't work I found it on the Georgetown Lacrosse website.

https://www.flolive.tv/signup?redirect=%2Flive%2F37070
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
The Orfling

Post by The Orfling »

get it to x wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 8:10 am
BlueJaySince1947 wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 8:27 pm What's the TV scenario for this game...???
Thanks !
Link below. You can buy a month for $12.50 then cancel after a month if you want, because it is a recurring billing. If the link doesn't work I found it on the Georgetown Lacrosse website.

I'd like to watch the game -- and I don't mind the $$ -- but the FloSports outfit has such a terrible reputation in online review (poor streams, hard to cancel, charge the yearly fee not the monthly) that I'm more hesitant than usual. I may bite the bullet and give it a try because they're also the streaming source for Navy v. Hofstra later this week which I want to watch.
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

The Orfling wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 11:09 am
Thanks !

I'd like to watch the game -- and I don't mind the $$ -- but the FloSports outfit has such a terrible reputation in online review (poor streams, hard to cancel, charge the yearly fee not the monthly) that I'm more hesitant than usual. I may bite the bullet and give it a try because they're also the streaming source for Navy v. Hofstra later this week which I want to watch.
Why would Georgetown associate itself with a garbage streaming service?
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
44WeWantMore

Post by 44WeWantMore »

Hoping for a KO.

Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.
DocBarrister

Do NOT Purchase Access to the Georgetown Game

Post by DocBarrister »

get it to x wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 11:24 am
The Orfling wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 11:09 am
Thanks !

Why would Georgetown associate itself with a garbage streaming service?
The “service” that Georgetown uses defaults you to a yearly $150 plan. They basically trick you into that if you are not careful. Cancelling the plan does NOT get you your money back. They simply won’t renew your $150 plan.

I have been on the phone with my bank for nearly an hour to stop the transaction.

Georgetown should be f*cking embarrassed to be associated with FloSports.

DocBarrister :?
@DocBarrister
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Man, they got me too. Charged the full $150. My own fault for not paying close enough attention, though that definitely is shady as hell.

I'll feel better about it if the Jays win.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”